🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 11 — Jake Fogelnest, Our Close Friend

Burdrulz, I don't have any funny tattoos, so I can't really speak on that. All of mine are art pieces worthy of the MOMA.

Chanson, you know you want one. Stop frontin'. I promise you that they don't hurt that much.

Veebz, I have only 6 tattoos right now. I am currently finalizing two face pieces though. Where is your most oddly placed tattoo?

The Narnold, I think that your tattoo of a heart with "Mom" scrolled across it is both classic and charming. You should get an anchor on your other arm.

• Like 2

No, they aren't. Yes, BD. bc forever unclean.

Well I was born and raised in the "dirty dirty" so I'm pretty much forever unclean anyway, may as well look super cool ammmmmiright ladies?

Younger you was wrong.

Cold blooded!

The worst are song lyrics... two different places. One is "there's beauty in the breakdown" because I love Garden State.

Frou Frou!

Chanson, don't be jelly, it doesn't look good on you

Holiday Neggings. Classic Valerie.

Anyway, what is the funniest tattoo you have? Why is it funny?

There's nothing funny bout my tatts bros. I have my clan crests on my shoulders cause I'm half Irish and half Scottish. We're known for being really serious peoples and there is ZERO humor in having two crests that look very similar. It doesn't at all look like I just have the same tattoo twice in different places.

P.S. Tattoo upkeep is a trifling ass fool. "Ain't nobody got time for that" - I believe Sean said this quote first, but don't quote me on that.

• Like 1

BTW, in case anyone doubted that this is the best forum in all of Earwolf, we have the highest post to topic ratio. Eat my math, rest of Earwolf!

• Like 2

Oh sorry y'all ok jumping in on this question train here toot toot here come answers.

Question 0 (tattoos): I don't have any tattoos because I can't decide what I would want and also I am a coward so I have even more respect for the likes of Bird Rules and Valerie Bryant (Valley B ) and Bruce Reid Robinson II for having the guts to put things on themselves forever.

Question 1: One time I shook Danny DeVito's hand at a music festival which is the only up close and personal encounter I have had with a big time celebrity like that but I have had several encounters with Earwolf celebrities and regulars (better than movie celebrities) like I took a UCB class with Sean Conroy and I've performed in shows with former Reality Show Show guests Joe Wengert, DC Pierson, and Sean Clements' future television co-star Dominic Dierkes.

PS what's the scoop on that show Clem Dawg?? I wanna watch that thing.

Question 2: No joke I'd love to meet Jackie Chan he's my hero.

Question 3: I think I prefer a crisp, sour green apple but I certainly wouldn't sneeze at a red delicious or one of those yellow ones.

Greggy: I very rarely remember any of my dreams, which I've heard is signs of mental illness so who the heck knows. I would be interested in living vicariously through everyone else by hearing everybody's humorous or spooky dream experiences please.

Question for you guys: Triscuits or Wheat Thins? Why?? Speak on your answer please.

• Like 4

Question for you guys: Triscuits or Wheat Thins? Why?? Speak on your answer please.

Option 3: Reduced Fat Wheat Thins. Because they are sweeter than normal Wheat Thins.

I'll also take a Triscuit with peanut butter and a slice of banana. That's actually better than Reduced Fat Wheat Thins.

PS what's the scoop on that show Clem Dawg?? I wanna watch that thing.

PS - This makes me a happy panda.

• Like 1

Oh sorry y'all ok jumping in on this question train here toot toot here come answers.

Question 1: One time I shook Danny DeVito's hand at a music festival which is the only up close and personal encounter I have had with a big time celebrity like that but I have had several encounters with Earwolf celebrities and regulars (better than movie celebrities) like I took a UCB class with Sean Conroy and I've performed in shows with former Reality Show Show guests Joe Wengert, DC Pierson, and Sean Clements' future television co-star Dominic Dierkes.

So I hate to get serious on here, even though I have been a lot lately. Sorry ma bros and girl (veebs obvs)

But I've been curious for a long time if anyone on these forums was actually practicing comedy, or being a performer... or whatever. I don't even know how to put it.

But it's really cool that you've taken classes at the UCB and I was wondering if you could comment on that?

Ever since I was in my early 20s i've been going to the UCB chelsea to see shows. I have a good friend that's big in the NY comedy scene, and she's kind of been somewhat of an insight into that world. Ive partied with some performers after shows and stuff, but i've never actually thought I myself was funny or interesting enough to pursue something like that.

So I guess my question, for andy or anyone who could 'speak on that', is what's it like? Is it fun or is it intimidating? I'm not trying to like start a career in this whole world, but I'm just crazy interested in it.

Keep in mind that I'm someone who knows really nothing about this, i've just recently purchased the UCB handbook or whatever because I'm just fascinated and want to learn a bit more.

2. Wheat things. Triscuits are too 'healthy'

• Like 2

So I guess my question, for andy or anyone who could 'speak on that', is what's it like? Is it fun or is it intimidating? I'm not trying to like start a career in this whole world, but I'm just crazy interested in it.

Sure!!! I've only taken a couple sketch writing classes so I'm no expert but I can definitely "speak on" my experience. WARNING too many words below

I was definitely extremely intimidated going into it because I'm a big fan of all things UCB but I just figured "what the heck" and I signed up for a sketch writing class and forced myself to go and overcome my anxiety. I was also afraid everyone was going to be super funny and really good at writing and I would be the weirdo there who everyone made fun of and threw garbage at. But once the class started it became pretty clear that nobody in the class (other than the teacher) knew what they were doing because the UCB has a very specific (but very helpful once you get the hang of it) approach on how to write and structure sketches that makes writing a UCB sketch a lot different than any other kind of writing. So everyone was as shitty as me and we all got to get a little better and funnier as the class went on which was fun to see.

I also was afraid that there would be the kind of people you'd expect in a comedy class that would always be trying to tell jokes and do bits to show how funny they were instead of actually listening and learning, but one thing I didn't take into account was that everyone in there would be a fan of UCB which means they were all cool and had good senses of humor. I do regret a bit that I haven't really kept in touch with anybody in the class though, but that also might have to do with me being swamped at work and not having the time to watch shows and be at the theater much at all.

I have yet to take an improv class because I'm busy but mostly because I'm scared BUT it seems like it would be the same kind of process where the intimidation went away pretty quickly since everyone in there will be a total beginner like you. And improv class has the bonus of having a class performance at the end of it where you get to actually perform on the UCB stage which I'm sure would be amazing.

So yeah, I totally understand and relate to the trepidation, but from what you've said, I think you'd really like it a lot. Everyone I met in the classes and the teachers were all really great and it was a lot of fun. And a lot of the time when I'm writing or watching shows or something, I often find myself thinking back to the ideas of "game" and heightening that I learned in my classes.

SOOOooo I say do it

• Like 3

Are we still doing this?

1. Cyclops from x-men movies or Deion Sanders. Maybe Vanilla Ice actually. I met a lot of football players (I swear im not one of those football star fuckers) from working at the NFL Pro Bowl practices.

2. I want to meet Madonna because I've got some good reinvention plans.

3. Apple Sauce, prolly been said but I cant criss cross it out

• Like 1

Oh, I don't have tattoos. I used to hang out in this trailer park at my "friends" place, he was a 40-something Puerto Rican man named Pepe, he would sell me weed and let me smoke it in his trailer. He did tattoos for other kids in the TP, mostly underage kids, and I would watch while smoking blunts (a lot of times Pep would lace them with cocaine and then tell me, "Oh, cabron, esta sucia," after we had already smoked it.) So I would watch him make shitty tattoos day after day and he would always ask me when I was going to get one. He would say, "you're irish right? how bout we put a leprechaun, or a mug of beer with the flag." Suuuure, sounds like some really great artwork, but I could never bring myself to get one. Haven't seen Pep in over 5 years, hope he's okay.

• Like 3

Oh, I don't have tattoos. I used to hang out in this trailer park at my "friends" place, he was a 40-something Puerto Rican man named Pepe, he would sell me weed and let me smoke it in his trailer. He did tattoos for other kids in the TP, mostly underage kids, and I would watch while smoking blunts (a lot of times Pep would lace them with cocaine and then tell me, "Oh, cabron, esta sucia," after we had already smoked it.) So I would watch him make shitty tattoos day after day and he would always ask me when I was going to get one. He would say, "you're irish right? how bout we put a leprechaun, or a mug of beer with the flag." Suuuure, sounds like some really great artwork, but I could never bring myself to get one. Haven't seen Pep in over 5 years, hope he's okay.

This story makes me uncomfortable. I'm not sure if it's the drugs, the underage tattoolery, or the general acknowledgement of the existence working-class people that does it.

Oh, I know, it's the fact that there's Spanish in it. That's what did it. It's subversive and I feel like you might be trying to recruit our young white children into some sort of gang-related activity. Narcocorridos are nice songs, though. Don't know what they're saying but I imagine it's something wholesome and family-oriented.

• Like 1

This story makes me uncomfortable. I'm not sure if it's the drugs, the underage tattoolery, or the general acknowledgement of the existence working-class people that does it.

Oh, I know, it's the fact that there's Spanish in it. That's what did it. It's subversive and I feel like you might be trying to recruit our young white children into some sort of gang-related activity. Narcocorridos are nice songs, though. Don't know what they're saying but I imagine it's something wholesome and family-oriented.

:wub:

Hi everybody, I've been 'off the grid' for a while so I'm just catching up with Hollywood Handbook now. I wanted to say that I found this episode to be very good.

Keep it up.

• Like 1