🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
BenjaminW.Piehler

Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)

For your consideration... A slasher film where a Santa is the killer (released on November 9?). A distant relative of mine actually played Killer Santa in this film. He is legitimately kind of nuts so I doubt you'd want him on the podcast though. I actually haven't seen it, but by watching the trailer I think it would be perfect, especially this time of year. There are some great kills. (I like Santa hanging someone w/ christmas lights). I believe the movie is on youtube in its entirety.

Trailer:

Per IMDB, the plot is "A young boy watches his parents killed by a thief in a Santa suit. He spends his youth in an orphanage, staying quietly to his self, but his mind is further bent by an ironhanded Mother Superior (I'm interested in June's diagnosis of the mom). He finally gets a job at a local store, where he finally snaps when he is required to wear a Santa suit, and goes on a killing spree that leads him slowly back to the orphanage."

Also per IMDB: Plot keywords (in this order): orphanage. sex. mother. santa suit. boy.

• Like 1

This and the sequel would make for a bonkers double live show. Heck for the sequel all they need to do is play most of the first podcast.

• Like 1

This needs to be done! As a double feature. Part 2 is MOSTLY Part 1 recut from 90 minutes to 45 minutes. There is amazing eyebrow acting. Like, how the fuck did this get made??? I mean it's awesome, but it's awful.

I'd say skip one and go to the halarious sequel . Part 2 is one of the funniest bad movies ever made and it actually contains part 1.

Sign in to follow this