🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode BO2013.1 — Best of 2013 Pt 1

Scott yelling out his own name in bed after Kulap gets too rough is the most hilarious mental image ever.

• Like 1

I hope they play some more clips from the Tour. Those were my personal favorites of the year and it's a shame none of them cracked the top 15.

• Like 2

I was also glad to hear My Wife.

For those looking for more Scotty A and Pauly FT saying "my wife" they really should check out the newest Dead Author's Podcast where, as mentioned in this very episode, Scott plays the author of 'A Christmas Carol' and finds a way to work in a "my wife" or two. Great cross-podcast comedy there.

Oh man, that's approaching the top of my podcast queue, now I'm looking forward to it even more. Dead Authors is really good overall. I listened to one of the early episodes with Scott as Ben Franklin, then sort of gave up on it, largely because a lot of the guests were people I wasn't really familiar with, but they've had one hell of a run of guests in the last two months or so.

• Like 1

Not surprised it didn't get the votes but Goodfelines absolutely killed me more than any other episode this year. Schwartz and Sanz needs to happen again. Peanut in The Rain was in my top 10 as well. Just too many good episodes this year to complain.

did Scott say when part 2 would be out? I know we may have to wait til next Monday but getting part 2 on Thursday and part 3 next Monday would be super awesome.

The full couplet is: "227 is a comedy/About Marla Gibbs and her family."

You are correct, except I believe it was "starring Marla Gibbs and her family." I don't remember if there was a middle line, but I think the end of the promotional rap was, "227 is the place to be, Saturday nights on NBC."

Like Scott, I also don't know why I remembered that all these years. I guess that's a testament to whoever wrote that shitty promo.

A top 15? A four-part best-of? This is so indulgent and such a great gift. I agree that it's crazy that "A Peanut in the Rain" din't make it into the top 10 - that and "Garry Unmarried" were in mine, but "Garry Unmarried" was the better Garry/Gilly show, and I assume/hope that that one did make it.

(By the way, I'm glad someone mentioned that "Judge Judy and executioner" was a Simpsons - and then Hot Fuzz - quote. For the life of me, I can't remember which Simpsons episode it's in, though.)

I really recommend the episodes with the Thrilling Adventure Hour and Superego guys.

Oh man, that's approaching the top of my podcast queue, now I'm looking forward to it even more. Dead Authors is really good overall. I listened to one of the early episodes with Scott as Ben Franklin, then sort of gave up on it, largely because a lot of the guests were people I wasn't really familiar with, but they've had one hell of a run of guests in the last two months or so.

I loved A Peanut in the Rain but if I had to choose between the two I would definitely take Gary Unmarried. It didn't make my top 10 either. Just so many great episodes this year!!!

Re-listened to the episode. One of episodes I voted for made the Top 15 (April Fools!) and one made the Top 20 as an Hon Mention (Me Gusta Characters).

Scott plays the author of 'A Christmas Carol'

He didn't play Charles Dickens. He played Clement Clarke Moore.

Best episodes in my opinion:

Plato - Mantzoukas

Bronte - Jessica St. Clair

Burroughs/Doyle - Chris Tallman episodes

Wodehouse/Behan - Brian Stack episodes

Marquis de Sade - Andy Daly

The Authors of the Gospels

Tolkien - Matt Walsh

Shelley - Laraine Newman

Dickens/O'Henry - Mark Evan Jackson/Hal Lublin

Cool, thanks. I've hear the Zouks and St. Clair episodes, but I'll definitely check out some of those others.

"Toes to toes, your nose is in it. Nose to nose, your toes is in it" - isn't that from an old comedy short back in the 80's? Back when HBO had that miniature city intro?

Just had to come back to this one to write my favorite quote from the non-clip parts of Best Of Part 1: "Jelly Babies...me favorite caaahndy." *cue incredulous PFT laughter*

Holy crap, now I know I'm not the only insane person in the world. That 227 ad has been running in my head repeatedly for 13 years. I remember the last line slightly different, as Marla Gibbs would pop up and deliver it herself:

227 is a comedy

About Marla Gibbs and her family

That's 227, it's the place to be

MARLA: Saturdays, this fall!

Maybe I can finally let that go now. Thank you for unburdening me.

A clammy apprehension seizes me as I relisten to another Best-Ofs episode; am I truly controlling anything?

In the dark, through the wall, I hear a cry and the unmistakable sound of the breaking of a human toe.