🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
LordShitqueef

Bicentennial Man (1999)

Nope,not a movie about another patriotic superhero,but a movie about Robin Williams as a robot who moves in with a family,befriends the youngest daughter,then after he becomes human and gets older marries that daughter,not that fast a lot happens in between those two things. But the trailers made it look like it was going to be another crazy comedy with Robin Williams,except this time as a robot instead of a guy dressing up as a maid,nope the movie is actually really dramatic and not even that funny,but also just bad,the movie was just terrible. It would be a great one for HDTGM. Also talk about being completely duped by a trailer

I actually own this movie on VHS! I remember seeing commercials for this and there's this one part of the ads where Robin Williams's robot face was peeled off and the female robot sings "You're Ugly" right in front of him, but part of that eventually got cut from the finished product! Yeah the trailers where we thought the movie was going to be a sci-fi comedy instead turned to more of a drama involving death turned off a lot of people, causing it to not do very well at the box office.

After watching it, I was mad at the trailer because if someone else hadn't insisted on renting it, I'd have never seen it. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and would've hated whatever movie they thought they were selling with the trailer. I'd imagine if you wanted to see the movie promised by that trailer, you'd be equally annoyed.

I have fond memories of watching this movie with my father when it came out. I rewatched it 20 years later to discover how hilariously terrible this film is. There was really no consideration for character depth or development. Please do an episode on this!