🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 56 — After Party Brawl

Our heroes are locked in a battle against a giant reptilian monster to prove their nobility, honor, and prowess to the dwarves. Also, Sir Richard is still very drunk. Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

Yes! My first Christmas gift. Nerd Poker for work tomorrow! Thanks guys. :-)

• Like 2

This is the BEST Christmas EVER!!!! :wub:^_^

Merry Christmass, everyone.

Sir Richard has become a prime Steve Austin style wrestling face. I am loving this new arc and the vibe of current party...don't die guys.

• Like 1

*pops in retainer*

Dear Mr. Sark,

Allow me to express how disappointed with you and your so-called cliffhanger ending. It is like giving us a Christmas present of a fresh turd.

Yours angrily,

Murderface Jr. (as portrayed by Bruce Willis)

P.S. I would also like to point out that, despite the opening theme music, the group has not killed, slain, nor destroyed so much as a single orc! I trust that you will rectify this travesty forthwith.

• Like 1

When we hear about how the monster feels, my heart really went out to it and I thought, "Aw, I hope they help it!" Then Brian announced he was going to kill it, and I was like "Oh yeah, DAMIEN is the one talking to it."

• Like 2

I am disappoint, just in Damien, the rest was great. How could someone, even partially evil, not want a giant snake as an ally? The possibilities!!! imagine traveling on that thing! Yeah killing it would make all the dwarfs cheer and think you were awesome sauce, but imagine the terror/respect they would have for someone who tamed the "beast". Insanity....

• Like 2

It's all fun and games until the giant monster has feelings. Now I'm bummed out. Sigh...

• Like 1

I am disappoint, just in Damien, the rest was great. How could someone, even partially evil, not want a giant snake as an ally? The possibilities!!! imagine traveling on that thing! Yeah killing it would make all the dwarfs cheer and think you were awesome sauce, but imagine the terror/respect they would have for someone who tamed the "beast". Insanity....

This is true. You'd almost think one would want a giant kill beast as a friend. Giant snake monster guard dog seems like a pretty metal thing to me.

• Like 1

Still have 27 minutes...but my co-workers think I'm nuts! I'm having trouble stifiling the laughter at Sir Richard! The popeye gag made me finally lose it. Great episode so far. More nerd imitations from Sark please! :-)

• Like 1

Oh man Posehn, that ending was so fucking metal! \m/ :-) \m/ I quickly got an image of Conan (Schwarzenegger) hacking the snakes head off.

HIGH-ON-FIRE_Snakes_for_the_Divine_album_cover_zps5f91fce8.jpg

I don't know who first mentioned this, but the sound quality has been spot on lately. I listen to podcasts all day at work ( mostly rpg ) (mostly) and you guys are near the top in quality.

For the record if I don't hear the dice and chips it's not a real actual play podcast!

....For the record if I don't hear the dice and chips it's not a real actual play podcast!

Don't forget the Brian belches! Bwwwrraaaa-witdabaw!!!

• Like 1

Quick note on something Mr Sark said about how it is surprising how often people have gotten screwed by the botch table. Sark says that the odds are very low to end up on the very bad end of the botch table but if he is using two ten sided die to do percentile than the likelihood of getting 90% or higher is actually 10% of the time. You know, getting a 9 on the die that represents the tens place is 1/10. It's actually harder to botch (1 out of 20 for 5%) than it is to be on the epic end of said botch. So it is more likely for your botch to be bad than it is to botch in the first place. I think there is more complicated math in here with adding in the chances of rolling two zeros (quick search of internets finds nothing on percentile dice odds) but you get the idea.

Quick note on something Mr Sark said about how it is surprising how often people have gotten screwed by the botch table. Sark says that the odds are very low to end up on the very bad end of the botch table but if he is using two ten sided die to do percentile than the likelihood of getting 90% or higher is actually 10% of the time. You know, getting a 9 on the die that represents the tens place is 1/10. It's actually harder to botch (1 out of 20 for 5%) than it is to be on the epic end of said botch. So it is more likely for your botch to be bad than it is to botch in the first place. I think there is more complicated math in here with adding in the chances of rolling two zeros (quick search of internets finds nothing on percentile dice odds) but you get the idea.

Well, once you botch the odds of something bad happening are even greater, true. But for any given roll, there's only about 0.5% chance of ending up with a bad botch outcome. Of course, given enough rolls...

I'm not sure how they're handling percentile roles—although I believe it was mentioned recently—but if they do the usual "double zeroes are 100" and the bad botch table is 90-100 then it is actually an 11% chance of a bad outcome.

If I remember right, too, botches aren't actually fatal until they get in the 95+ percentile. So it's even rarer.

Sign in to follow this