🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
kobthatreal

Bunraku - Josh Hartnett, Woody Harrelson, Ron Perlman, Demi Moore

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1181795/

This movie might be the worst movie I've ever seen.

It's a highly but terribly stylized samurai, western, noir "film" set in some dystopian future where everything is made of colorful cardboard. It stars Josh Hartnett, Woody Harrelson, Ron Perlman, Demi Moore, The Androgynous Samurai Gackt, and a couple of other weirdos.

This Movie is so weird, and so terrible, the HDTGM gang needs to destroy it.

Don't let this kind of okay trailer fool you.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pnupt_UP6M

I tried to watch this movie once but for the life of me, could not make it to the end. its really that bad. DId it pay off for you Bill Russell Crowe, the ending?

I could understand why Ron Perlman is in this film but how did they get Woody Harrelso. his movies are often good and unlike Ron he doesn't sign his name to any old project that lands on his desk.

The movie it's self feels like it's filmed on all blue screen or green screen on every shot and it feels like someones first digtal movie. it's like they wanted to make a KillBill style film. but didn't have the budget or writing power to make that film.

The result total crap.

• Like 1

I never finished it either, so no it has never payed off. I know its supposed to be "noir" style acting, but it really is just awful acting. The Androgynous Gackt had me confused the whole movie. I can't understand how some one who looks like that can be kicking peoples ass... It really is a terrrriible movie. I mentioned I liked Sin City on Reddit and some one recommended Bunraku to me. Whoever it was, I want to find him and destroy him. ITS SO BAD. I CANT SAY IT ENOUGH. PLEASE. MASSACRE THIS MOVIE.

Apparently this movie was finished years before it was released. They spent THREE YEARS finding some one to distribute it.

Haha, I liked it, I thought it was visually interesting and had some decent action choreography.

By "everything is made of colorful cardboard", I assume that also includes Josh Hartnett?

BURRRRRRRN!!!

I liked this movie too. However, I do agree that it is batshit fucking loco.

On the subject of The Androgynous Gackt, he's actually a Japanese pop singer, basically their equivalent of David Bowie. The funny thing is not only is this not his first action movie role, he starred in (and did his own MoCap for) a hack-n-slash video game for the PlayStation 2. Hell, it even came out in America, I own a copy! It's... weird, but it held my interest. Kinda like Bunraku.

• Like 1

On the subject of The Androgynous Gackt, he's actually a Japanese pop singer, basically their equivalent of David Bowie. The funny thing is not only is this not his first action movie role, he starred in (and did his own MoCap for) a hack-n-slash video game for the PlayStation 2. Hell, it even came out in America, I own a copy! It's... weird, but it held my interest. Kinda like Bunraku.

In case anybody else is wondering, I looked it up: It's called "Bujingai." Oddly, this makes the David Bowie comparison somewhat more apt. (Admittedly, Bowie wasn't the main character in his game, but still.)

Whether you like this movie or not, you can't deny that it seems like every artistic choice that was made was then cranked up x1000 with no fucks given.

I almost liked this movie at first, then there was a dance fight in a town square and I stopped, so you're almost all forgiven.

Sign in to follow this