🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
NerdPoka

What is the greatest episode of Nerd Poker?

So many good ones. But which is the best?

"Let’s Get Ready To Rumble"

A great one. The characters really began to flourish. El Ryan's legendary Spirit Bear attack and much much more, made this a great episode.

"The Control Room"

Might be my favorite one. It had the first big battle with the collectors. Karn jumped out a window. And they cleared the entire tower. There was so many good jokes in this episode, Blaine was killing it the entire time. Blaine had some of his best jokes in this one.

The other nominations would be two recent episodes. "Through the Airlock" was amazing. Also, the episode where they busted a hole in the tower, blew up the crystal ball, all while the Old Man begged them to stop. This is a really important episode. The group likely caused the entire destruction of their home planets, but also gave the biggest "fuck you" to the Old Man.

What is your nomination?

I think personally when they were on the air world and killed one of the large ones. That killed me, the descrpition of Sir Richard holding his hand out a a big wet slimy ladyparts looking thing slurped his hand... i had to pull over... Haha

Then Zizu was sad aww "we killed a large one" hashahaha

• Like 1

This is so hard!! "let's get ready to rumble" is one of my favorites, but "in search of gear" is what hooked me for life. I have El Ryan's deadpanned "I disrobe" as the text-tone for my buddy who takes his shirt off a lot. I literally still remember where I was when I first heard it: on the light rail with all my luggage for Christmas break, dropping things because I was laughing so hard and everyone on the train staring at me. Classic.

We should do Nerd Poker awards!! Each player get's their 'best episode' award, award for best botch, best rp'd moment, best npc (gotta include sarc), fan favorite character, best fight, best Blaine ad, most disturbing Sark creation, etc.. We could set up voting! :D

This is tough, because it all feels like one story that is continuing and building off itself. 53 - Parn's Village stands out to me since it is just so dark and fucked up. The scenario, everyone's reactions, and the way it just brought the whole mood down was fantastic. There was one more recently that I laughed at a ton. Can't remember specifically though!

• Like 1

Ep 32 @ 38:00 - "Does this look infected?"

Those four words alone make the episode a contender for the top slot.

• Like 1

Let's get ready to rumble might be the best overall. The episodes without fighting tend to be better, but I think that the fight with the dwarven gladiator lizard was a lot better than some of the older fights. I remember when they were fighting the water elemental king and it was just kind of boring, when it should have been this big, epic fight. This one was great, especially Jerry's drunken paladin getting his drink refilled, etc.

I still think that they should have guests come in on an episode by episode basis to serve as evil and good characters. I would love Patton coming in as a bard or something, but even something random like getting the Mexicutioner from that Halo story to come in and try to play as an evil axe dude would be amazing. I can only imagine how that would turn out

They mentioned an idea once. I think, about guests coming in and playing an otherwise NPC that's just always a member of the group. No guest available? Sark plays him/her that session. That way, their comedy friends can come in and just go crazy with a character that isn't going to impact the group much regardless.

I remember when they were fighting the water elemental king and it was just kind of boring, when it should have been this big, epic fight.

Yeah, I like to think the Nerd Poker story is split into two parts right now. Killing the water king was the climax of the 1st part of the story. Shet changed for the show. Sir Richard got his arm, Bahamut was introduced into the story, the group got their weapons back, they got a ship, stargoyle, and then they took off into space to finish the real part of the story: the collectors.

So, now we're in the 2nd part of the story. I think it has improved greatly. I'm really curious to find out what would have happen if they decided not to help Sparklett? Because Sparklett gave them that ship. How would they fly around to the Old Man's tower, the other planets, ect?

Sign in to follow this