🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode BO2013.3 — Best of 2013 Pt 3

Maybe it's just me but for me, the Wompler episodes didn't reach the same heights this year. That's not to say that they weren't very funny but I thought they peaked at finger guns.

I think Finger Guns is my all time fav episode, it's hard to top that .

Man, I'll be bummed if Half a Score doesn't make it. I don't think I laughed harder this year than listening to that.

• Like 2

PFT's Carson was verging toward Albert Brooks after the rap battle. But it was getting to be a very good Brooks...

I wanted to give an ATTABOY! to Super Chums and Acapella Cuddle Puddle - both No. 1 in my heart. Hey, Kiddo! is the best dadrock band of all time.

I'm liking the countdown so far, the only thing that bothers me is no Horatio. He was possibly he best guest this year and he doesn't get on the countdown at all. The ep with him and Meadows was def top 10 material IMO and the Aaron Neville one was after the voting so I guess it's eligible next year but prob won't make it since by that time it will have been so long ago and people will have forgotten about it.

I feel the same way about Lapkus but at least she was on the 4th Aniiversary ep. I thought the one with her and Eric Andre def was top 10 material as well

I was thinking the same thing about Horatio's absence. He always brings gold, especially in Half a Score. I am surprised that you didn't love Comedy Bleep Bleep as I thought it was hilarious; the production was amazing and the relistenability was way up there, but you're probably right about the top 3. Lapkus and Horatio are pretty unappreciated compared to a lot of the CBB faves. For Horatio I feel like maybe it's that his characters are always the "one and done" types.

All in all though, no major complaints so far. This was a banner year for Bing Bong and I'm just happy I got to be here for it.

• Like 1

So I'm 99% sure that the top 3 will be ep 200 with Zouks and Daly, Womplers Pool Party and Time Bobby 2. The question is what order they will be in

There is no order that top three that could shake down in that would upset me. Those are three of my top five all time episodes. Should any of the three be omitted I will make very verbose and specific threats about never listening again....and then slink back in quietly a week or two later.

• Like 2

My mind was blown at the revelation that Pegg and Frost swapped impressions after the cough. Please, please have those characters back.

• Like 3

One "forgotten episode" that I know won't make the top 3 that I absolutely loved was The Bisco Boys. The phone calls from the Nabisco Corporation are hilarious, and it had 4 of the silliest guys in comedy. It also was some of Scott's funniest work as a host. I think the lack of true characters really made it overlooked.

• Like 1

I do think the top three will be "Halfway to China," "Marissa Wompler's Birthday Pool Party Live," and "Time Bobby 2" - whatever the order - but I don't want to set myself up for disappointment if it's not.

I want to agree with the lack of Horatio and Lapkus... and Adomian has only had one episode so far too. I love, love, love, LOVE PFT, but he's been in SEVEN of the 12 episodes featured so far. I tried to balance my votes to give love to all my favorites.

• Like 1

Sanz was probably my favorite comedian of the year in 2013--his work on CBB and i4h blew my mind. Huge shame that none of his eps made the top 10. Good Felines was a top 5 ep of the year.

• Like 1

One "forgotten episode" that I know won't make the top 3 that I absolutely loved was The Bisco Boys. The phone calls from the Nabisco Corporation are hilarious, and it had 4 of the silliest guys in comedy. It also was some of Scott's funniest work as a host. I think the lack of true characters really made it overlooked.

Couldn't agree more. I loved that episode. The Fortunately/Unfortunately should at least be a b-b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s-s clip (bro).

(approximate dialog)

"On stage there was someone who really wanted me to hit them, to the point where it made me uncomfortable"

"Was it Paget?"

That almost made me do a spit take. Everyone's talkin' about the episode selections and not so much about the hours of pure strain Scott & Paul banter that's gluing everything together!

• Like 3

I was hoping Titans of Comedy would have made the top 15 cut. I loved that episode. I wonder if Jazz Jazz and Nate ever became best friends...

I'm also bummed that Horatio isn't getting more love. His bit as Coco Marx at the Detroit live show was probably the hardest I laughed at CBB all year.

• Like 1

thanks to PFT for making me visit the wiki page for Viola Spolin on two separate occasions.

Sign in to follow this