🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 13 — Andy Daly, Our Close Friend

todays era of facebook gaming has made it more common than you think

spiders? hmm...spiders spider spiders....oh thsoe mans with 8 legs? birds got to eat friend

• Like 2

spiders are the most efficient bridfood too, 2 more legs then a bug and a whoping 8 more then bird seeds

• Like 3

Some of my favorite podcasts have already been mentioned, so here are a few from my list that I might recommend to yinz guys.

Perfectcast:

Gelmania

If you want to laff and laff:

The Bugle

The F Plus

My Brother, My Brother and Me

UHH YEAH DUDE

Smartypants:

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History

Writing Excuses

99% Invisible

Theater of the mind! :

Atoms, Motion, and the Void (so amazing that this is all done by one person)

Getting On with James Urbaniak

The Memory Palace

Wiretap from CBC Radio

XO

Faded podcasts:

My Favorite Stanger

Tom vs Comics

You Look Nice Today

• Like 1

I understand we have some real musicheads on this board! Any songster sleuths catch the ditty sampled for the timeout? Hint: it's Sean's fave trak!

-yer everlovin' host

• Like 2

Any songster sleuths catch the ditty sampled for the timeout?

Pretty sure it was either "Freshmen" by The Verve Pipe or "Royals" by Lorde.

(Ben Folds Five - Brick)

• Like 1

Some of my favorite podcasts have already been mentioned, so here are a few from my list that I might recommend to yinz guys.

UHH YEAH DUDE

99% Invisible

You Look Nice Today

I really like these 'casts' as well. They're good times. I hate to do this, and normally I wouldn't plug randomness to you all but I know some guys that make a pretty funny podcast.

It's called tricastatops. It's three chill bros. They have been given the title 'louisville's hottest podcast' even though none of them live in louisville now. Also I'm pretty sure they just called it that themselves.

They talk will smith, video games, march radness, internet things, drinking, and trivia. Really the point of the show is for the two co hosts to derail the show as much as possible.

It's not for everyone, but i like it.

Let me know if you think it's terrible. I myself have guest starred a couple of times, and if you want to I can get them to let you guest star...

You can just be on it, and it can be fun.

• Like 2

Also I didn't even realize my friends from 'Everything is Terrible' are on the Fogelnest files this week... so listen to that too i guess....

no big deal

• Like 1

sorry to kill the forums... it was just an idea, you don't have to criticize it... :(

I would comment about what hayes was asked earlier but I honestly have no idea what he's talking about

So I was at a friend's New Year's party and it was full of Danish people. They were very aggressive about ensuring that you were always drinking. They don't understand that Americans do dumb things when drinking, especially at a European level. All in all it was a very cultural experience.

Also, they made a shit ton of jello shots... I still don't understand why. They also insisted that Sweden is terrible. I attempted to argue with them about the merits of Sweden and its people but they insisted that I was wrong about this and made clear that this was not a point they were willing to concede.

Furthermore, they were obsessed with this song that will soon be lodged firmly in your brain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_qO6z31dCI

Essentially he's saying that he doesn't have any money but he still has ladies. So, yeah. Hooray Denmark?

Even after this song, I still firmly believe that Scandinavians should not be allowed to rap as a general rule.

PS - if anyone's fluent in Danish I would love a line by line translation.

• Like 5

Wait a minutes...

QdvhfEZ.gif

Wow.

Hyc5wpoR1.gif

Like... for real though. Wow.

vAxL2E.gif

Well guys, looks like cha boi Bruce "Ace" Reid "Breh-breh" Robinson II was mistaken about Denmark. There, I said it. Are you happy now? I admit it, I was wrong and Denmark looks pretty sweet if I do say so myself.

• Like 5

I would comment about what hayes was asked earlier but I honestly have no idea what he's talking about

Well, I am glad that I wasn't the only one, because I really wanted to weigh in on that one. Maybe he was hinting that they will start doing call-ins again so that people can perform on the show?

It was probably that.

• Like 2

Even after this song, I still firmly believe that Scandinavians should not be allowed to rap as a general rule.

Issues with this song/video:

1. the duct tape version of the Nelly bandaid

2. the part when the 2 dudes woke up in the same room in their mom's house

3. the only brown girl in the video was used only for a cliche booty shot

4. the $5 Audrey Hepburn sunglasses that were being worn at both day and night

5. they use washers as money over there?

6. the haphazard use of a fog machine inside of the booth

7. the part where he said "Facebook ingvadenn fulcom foddle" because that line just had to be stupid

8. the part at 2:39 when the dude was casually peeing into the water while smiling at the camera

9. the rapping and singing under a rainbow

10. the part in the very end when they were trying to recreate that iconic Dirty Dancing pose

11. knowing that some people over there seriously like that song

12. remembering that rap here is currently just as bad

• Like 5

So I was at a friend's New Year's party and it was full of Danish people. They were very aggressive about ensuring that you were always drinking. They don't understand that Americans do dumb things when drinking, especially at a European level. All in all it was a very cultural experience.

Also, they made a shit ton of jello shots... I still don't understand why. They also insisted that Sweden is terrible. I attempted to argue with them about the merits of Sweden and its people but they insisted that I was wrong about this and made clear that this was not a point they were willing to concede.

Furthermore, they were obsessed with this song that will soon be lodged firmly in your brain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_qO6z31dCI

Essentially he's saying that he doesn't have any money but he still has ladies. So, yeah. Hooray Denmark?

PS - if anyone's fluent in Danish I would love a line by line translation.

Hi. Swede here. At first I was like "uhhh not even gonna touch that post" because us Swedes are the bigger people in the Swedish-Dane relations. And by bigger people I mean we pummeled their asses in the Northern Wars. And we beat them in the national football competition like every year (serious stuff). Their language sounds gutteral-- like they have phlegm in their throat (cough it up, guys, jeez!) My dad almost got hit by a bus outside Tivoli once so that goes to prove that the Danes don't care about public safety. Hmm let's see what else... The Danish monarchy is boring as all hell compared to ours. Our king regularly visits underground whorehouses and strip clubs, our prince is shacked up with a former Big Brother contestant (shout out to the RSS heads!), our crown princess married her personal trainer following a long term stay in an inpatient mental hospital for bulimia, and the remaining princess was cheated on by her fiance with a Norwegian pinup model in a hot tub. Now she's married to an American businessman and everyone in Sweden hates her because she lives in Manhattan and our Swedish taxes basically pay for her apartment and all her lavish travels and she never even comes back to visit her home country. The nerve! Again, because I'm a bigger person, I will say that the Danes have great beer and butter and I may or may not take the ferry to Copenhagen once or twice a year, BUT THAT'S IT. But I digress.... Sorry, Chanson, you struck a nerve....

ETA: WE HAVE REINDEER. NEED I SAY MORE??!!

• Like 7

Freja,

They do have good butter... Lego is cool too. Your monarchy is also more interesting, I completely agree.

Also, I like that you defended Sweden on this forum. European country rivalries are super exciting to me. I don't know why. I'm Ulster-Scot, English, and German, so I don't really have a horse in this race. Although, I do have a red beard, so that means one of my ancestors was very probably some sort of Nordic invader who raped and pillaged Scotland.

For the record, I tried to defend Sweden because Seattle has a long history of Swedish settlement and I am partial to Ikea and H&M. Nordstrom (the best department store) was founded by a Swede (obviously the name gives it away). I also like tall blonde girls, Sweden's primary export. I can only conclude that the Danes are bigots. Really cool bigots who I really want to be my friends very badly. But bigots nonetheless.

Let's just all take comfort in the fact that whether you're a Swede or a Dane, at least you're not a Finn with their weird-ass made-up language.

HugLife,

Don't you think it's a little cute that they're trying sooo hard to be good at rapping? It's hilarious. Also, I get the feeling that expecting non-white people to be in a Scandinavian rap video is a high expectation...

• Like 2

Everyone in sweden has a sauna in their house... I think that's a real stereotype but i could be wrong

• Like 2

Everyone in sweden has a sauna in their homes... I think that's a real stereotype but i could be wrong

(I swore I'd never talk to you again, burdrulz, but here goes...)

It's a pretty accurate stereotype! We didn't have one growing up but we were poor farmers and stuff. Many of my friends had saunas, though. And we were made to sauna together after every gym class in school. Naked. I'm serious. (Boy/girl separation, though). A big tradition in our culture is to run out in the snow naked, roll around, and then run back inside in the sauna. They didn't make us do that in school, though.

• Like 5

Danish girls always pretend to be into nerdy stuff just cause they want the fake geek girl cred

• Like 5

Don't you think it's a little cute that they're trying sooo hard to be good at rapping? It's hilarious. Also, I get the feeling that expecting non-white people to be in a Scandinavian rap video is a high expectation...

6uqX7U0V.gif

MINIMAL EXPECTATIONS MET! HA-HAAAH.

They got the one person of color in da club that evening to sign off on it so you know it's some good, old-fashioned danish rap. You know the kind.

Freja, I'll just assume that by "bigger person" you mean that you are super tall. Can you speak on that? Being half Irish and half Scottish I will never know the experience of a tall Swedish woman.

• Like 1

(I swore I'd never talk to you again, burdrulz, but here goes...)

It's a pretty accurate stereotype! We didn't have one growing up but we were poor farmers and stuff. Many of my friends had saunas, though. And we were made to sauna together after every gym class in school. Naked. I'm serious. (Boy/girl separation, though). A big tradition in our culture is to run out in the snow naked, roll around, and then run back inside in the sauna. They didn't make us do that in school, though.

Can we please resolve this issue. I'm sorry that I put you on blast, but I was really jellz, and really upset that you never answered my calls, texts, facebook messages, emails, actual mailed letters, sent mixtapes both digital and analog, iphone messages, gchat messages, hotmail messages, all the other email service messages, aol chat room messages, Skype requests, 1-800-Collect collect calls, all forms of Social Media Communications including but not limited too, twitter, snapchat, linkedin, goog plus, foursquare, I tagged you in some vines where funny things happened, like i turned on a light switch and a banana hit me in the chin, happier, instagnar, studio, xbox live requests to play call of doody together, carrier doves and pigeons, scroll in a bottle, morris code, telegrams, singing telegrams, and finally I simply took a boat to stockholm and looked you up in the phone book, went and threw little pebbles at your window, but to no avail.

So please understand how this made me feel. I recognize we are adults, and maybe i took this a liiiittttllleeee to far, but you have to understand that I felt really strongly about our time together as brief as it was.

Friends?

sweden rulz

• Like 6

BRR II: I'm 5'7" tall but 5'9" wide. I like to eat.

burdulz: Didn't see you outside my window in Stockholm. Maybe because I currently live in the U.S. and can only go back to Sweden in the summers and Christmas for school vacation. But yes, friendsies.

Ok sooo I feel bad that I hijacked the forum with my Swedishness. It's not that interesting, I promise. Change of topic-- I just saw Hayes' question and I think the answer is the abortion song by Ben Folds. Brick? Another topic up for discussion is the fact that I want to Single White Female Valerie Bryant after hearing her Holiday Medley (got to it a bit late). In a non-murderous way, of course. Any tips on how I can become more VB-ish?

• Like 5

sweden sounds like a good place, i live in USA

VB is a fun person but freja you also are cool so just keep your shine on and rest assured we will all see it and bask in that glow

• Like 6

Definitely Brick. Perfect way to segue into the discussion about who voiced Osmosis Jones. Didn't know Sean was such a Foldshead (Benhead? Fivehead? BFFer? Folder? Folding Fiver? Benzofoldingfiverfan?). At any rate, Sweden sounds awesome. What do you guys do for fun over there other than sauna? Where are the best spots for Hollywood royalty and aspiring voiceover actors to commingle?

HugLife,

I counted 2 (since it is a loose rule that brown people always keep an eye out for other brownies ((you have to be brown to use that term))) in that video. I mean, the have Bloods and Crips in Norway (I did just imply that they were probz brown). I just figured that some of the authentic gangsterness over there would diffuse across the borders from time to time.

Freja, I kind of need you to weigh in on this one for authenticity. What is the cultural landscape out there?

• Like 2