🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 13 — Andy Daly, Our Close Friend

HugLife,

The terminology and general willingness to acknowledge and discuss race in your previous post made me very uncomfortable. Race is just too scary.

Can't we talk about something lighter like class warfare or something? You know, something you'd hear about on NPR or PBS or at a liberal arts college or in Portland. Wait... Those things all have something in common... Not quite sure what it is though. Oh well.

• Like 4

what in the hell is going on here

Something to do with a Danish-Swedish rivalry and heavy drinking I think...

Don't remember the last time I woke up hungry with a hankering for a Cheese Swedish... Gonna have to side with the Danish.

• Like 1

okay sean...

you got it right when you fucking said it dude.

our team is meant to make it to the playoffs and fucking lose...

ur fcking right i gues.!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHH SO PIZZEDD

for those of you that don't know, I live in Cincinnati, and I'm not proud of it, and we have a NFL team that is forever trying to be a good NFL team. This year seemed really promising team.

I've never been to a game before so i was mad excited.

WE LOST... AGAIN

sean predicted it.

ScreenShot2014-01-05at73145PM.png

(image before noticing imitate loss)

ScreenShot2014-01-05at73412PM.png

after realizing the loss was cuming soon.

hate you sean for knowing how much ohio sucks... We do got a street car now though. fucking assholes

• Like 4

btw i'm drunk again... but that's not a surprise

• Like 2

Hey, streetcars are the shit. So that's something.

Also, Cincinnati... Where is that in relation to Austin? Or is it closer to Brooklyn? I'm trying to figure out how far away it is from a place that actually matters. Google maps doesn't have it, so I'm just wondering. Sounds awful though. (JK Only, I love all cities.) Don't worry, Seattle isn't on Google maps either. It just says "173mi north of Portland. Pot's legal and some shit. But seriously, wouldn't you rather go to Portland?" You'd think they'd change that at some point though right? I typed in Houston and it just said "ewwww. But I guess there's kind of an art scene here or whatever." Seriously Google, stop judging our cities with your hipster techy agenda. Plus, Silicon Valley is shitty and full of shitty Silicon Valley people who can't shut up about the circlejerk of a startup they're doing. Fucking Fascists.

In all seriousness: I love cities a lot. Studying them and their people and trying to figure out how to make them better is a thing I do quasi-professionally. I just wish people would spend more time making their own cities better and starting businesses and stuff where they're from rather than bum-rush wherever the forty-something cocaine-addict writer of the magazine article they read once upon a time got lucky and hooked up with a twenty-something with daddy issues and then decided to say that that place is the next best place for people to move. I mean, it's not bad to move, a lot of people do. Just make sure that you have respect for the people who were there first and don't forget where home is. Every place is different, that's a good thing. Everyone deserves to love where they live. Obviously it's more complicated but that's my idealistic spiel.

• Like 3

I went for a run today so I'm kind of a sportshead myself. Didn't take pics of it though because I'm pretty humble n' stuff. Can you tell your team to stop hogging all the Hard Knocks seasons? Thanks!

• Like 3

btw i'm drunk again... but that's not a surprise

I'm totally judging you. Don't worry.

Hey guys, if anybody's on the west coast or near the bay area, I was looking at the schedule for SF Sketchfest and noticed that one of our favorite podcast hosts (the one whose name doesn't rhyme with "Blaze Havinsport") will be there performing in person! You can get tickets to see him here.

• Like 2

Asteck, my little baby, you've done it again! That made me laugh scoops and scoops of troops. I'm too tired to be awake and I'm sorry about that.

How come more people don't use the hint you've employed? The "it doesn't rhyme with" hint. It's brilliant.

• Like 2

It looks pretty likely that Chanson's city's team and my city's team will be playing in the NFC Championship game. We should all get together and go watch it over at Les Moonves's house.

• Like 2

I'm sorry I had a breakdown last night and brought you all through it with me.

It will most likely never happen again, all though I will also say that it probably will happen again.

However, for now, what's your favorite dad sound?

Mine is the low grumble of a dad struggling slowly to get out of his college student aged popasan in their dorm room.

• Like 2

Or how about a mid 90s dad doing the tim allen noise with his office buddies in the break room with a mouth full of chicken salad.

My friend Will had a pretty good one with, the garbled nonsense that comes out when he tries to say "I'm disappointed in you" while sleep-talking.

• Like 3

I like the sounds of struggle and relief that come from the bathroom because the insulation just isn't good enough.

And it helps that my Dad once decided to tell me that he agrees with Freud that sex and pooping are very similar because both feel like a release. Did Freud even say that? I don't know, is quicksilver fool's gold? For my dad it is.

• Like 1

What are dads?

Ghosts of disappointments past and ghosts of disappointments future. Excuse me, I need to go lie down for a while

• Like 4

dads can be the worst, when i sprang fully formed from my old man's forehead he made this weird sound that would crumple yr skull if u heard it, so embarrasseing

• Like 2

Hi gang, another top episode! Very enjoyable experience for myself, just the sort of relief I was looking for but also hard hitting and informative about Tinseltown (Hollywood). Would I say this was a good podcast? Yes I Holly-Would! Handbook.

• Like 1

Thanks to Hayes & Sean for introducing the talented Andy Daly to the world. His presentation of The Wit and Wisdom of the West with Dalton Wilcox is the funniest 2 hours in the history of the world. Didn't think it could live up to the 2 months of advertising but Boy Howdy, it did!ox