🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 57 — Saving Trondoor

As the battle with the reptilian creature continues, it blindly attacks the dwarf guide Trondoor. Will our heroes be able to save him before he gets devoured? Tune in to find out and have a happy new year!

It sounded like the intervention didn't exactly go as planned. ahahahahhaaa, wonderful roll playing. i felt uncomfortable just listening to Mildred get stonewalled and then the rest of the group just moving on.

I really am surprised that no one resorted to violence in dealing with Damien. I would have been unable to resist.

• Like 1

Such good roll play.

I miss Amarth but Brian has upped his game with Damien and I am loving this show since.

Probably the most I've laughed in Nerd Poker.

"Can you ask us before you do something evil?" loved that line. I think that would make it in the movie trailer of this game.

• Like 2

I really am surprised that no one resorted to violence in dealing with Damien. I would have been unable to resist.

Especially the Lawful Good character!

• Like 1

Bah Lawful Good is overrated.

Plus no one would of known Damien told the creature to attack.... common guys better roleplaying....

But Mildred's use of her magic hat was very nice.

To Quote Darth Helmet "Now you know that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Im usually late to comment but this episode was fucking amazing and then socks with tread was uttered and I had my body explode with uncontrollable laughter

Have these guys leveled up at all in the past 20-some (or more) episodes? Or has it been happening invisibly?

Have these guys leveled up at all in the past 20-some (or more) episodes? Or has it been happening invisibly?

Sark has said in the past that he likes to do the leveling up during points in the campaign that feel like natural points/breaks, so you haven't missed anything since they last did it. I've been hoping that it will come soon as it seems the crew has gone through quite a few plot points since they last did it. They've had a bit of a rest, fully restocked and gotten some new equipment, had their magic items identified...it just seems like it would be good to happen before they start on the journey through the dwarven mines. But who knows!

• Like 2

I think they've leveled up off the air. Blackie is level 6 now, and the last increase on the air was either waaaaay back or the 4e-2e transition. Before they mentioned blackie is 6, I was tracking him as level 4.

They've also said that Damien is level 4.

Wow

So Roleplay

Much Awesome

Just wanted to say this episode had some awesome moments and great roleplaying. Loved everyone's involvement. The more you guys and gal get into it the better it gets!

Thanks for making this podcast, it is the perfect length for my commute and i look forward to it every week.

I was waiting for some leveling to happen before the trek into the tunnels, hope it wasnt and oversight!

So the King and Trondoor are "VEXANS"? For some reason I know picture all of these dwarves looking/sounding like pleasant versions of Yosemite Sam.

• Like 1

So I lost it (in the office) when Damien said, "Can I point out that Trondoor lives to be LOUD and SMALL another day. So maybe no harm, no foul and lets just move on.". Flips hair. So glad he's going with. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

b2f6ffe1-1717-4345-8658-8dc87e166210_zpsb6ed1fe4.jpg

• Like 2

A little weird that they're letting Damien get away with stuff like that, but let's not forget that it's Damien's name and face on the square .jpg and Damien's signing their paychecks.

Surprised they didn't ask the King for more recon info on G-more to find out what they're up against and prevent another Necromancer ritual slaughter. I can't wait to see them literally imprisoned by clones in Glinishmore and the "You're never stuck in Glinishmore" coming back to bite Sir Richard in the ass.

Let's also give props for Sark's awesome NPC roleplaying, and (non-bruce-willis) dwarf voices. He's killing it.

• Like 1

Yep, we're skipping a week.

From Brian Posehn's Twitter today:

No Nerd Poker this week. Sorry! Holidays and everybody getting sick made skipping one unavoidable. Damien prays to Judas for quick return.

So I fell at work today after failing a save against a bag of towels but was much more unhappy about the lack of Nerd Poker than my busted knee. But if they're all sick I'm hoping for a fast recovery for them. Knees come and go, Nerd Poker hopefully is for forever.

I don't get how the serpent thingy was able to use a bite attack several times and toss trondoor in the air with his mouth when he had the staff wedged in there. That was bothering me

I don't mind Nerd Poker missing a week, but is there any way we could be notified when it happens? Like maybe just a 30 second message saying "Sorry, no Nerd Poker this week" if we download it off of the RSS or itunes, and a message here on the site letting us know.

Imagine if one week they just didn't show an episode of Game of Thrones of Breaking Bad! No notification, nothing even telling us it wouldn't be airing. People would go nuts! I know that Nerd Poker isn't anywhere near the level of these shows, but some of us look forward to it just as much. When this show isn't available to download I drive myself crazy, checking again and again on multiple sources. "Is it up yet? Is it up yet?" Just having a message or something, at or before the scheduled upload time, would mean a lot to me as I'm sure it would mean a lot to many of the other superfans. We understand that you have to miss a week from time to time but the sooner we know when this is going to happen, the happier we'll be.

A little weird that they're letting Damien get away with stuff like that, but let's not forget that it's Damien's name and face on the square .jpg and Damien's signing their paychecks.

It's roleplaying. I'm sure nobody is taking any of this personally. He's playing an obnoxious whiny dick character for fun, and everyone else understands this. Being an obnoxious asshole is expected because that's the character he's playing. If they did get pissed off and kill his character, they would only do it because they felt it was in character for them to do so, and Brian would just roll a new character like he did with this one.

And it's easy to see why they'd put up with his crap: they're all fighting a common enemy and need all the help they can get. Plus his apparent familiarity with dark magic like necromancy is sorely needed.

P.S. I doubt that anyone in this show is getting much of a "paycheck," least of all one signed by Brian. Any money they get for this is paid by Earwolf, not Brian Posehn.

• Like 1

It's roleplaying. I'm sure nobody is taking any of this personally…

I was just being silly, sorry, nuance doesn't play on the internetz. I'm sure they get SOME cash, it's a hell of a commitment without at least a bit of a handout, and Brian's name/beautiful face is what arguably brings all the boys to the yard, (though even a casual listener knows the show suffers when *anyone* is missing) but yes, I think we all know there's nothing about the Earwolf empire that seems particularly lucrative.

I was just being silly, sorry, nuance doesn't play on the internetz.

You gotta use the winking eye. ;-)

;-)

Sign in to follow this