🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 79.5 — Minisode 79.5

Happy 2014! Be a better person in the new year by watching a great movie with a magical harmonica, a talking snowman, and a dead father starring Michael Keaton in 1998’s Jack Frost. Paul gives the first ever boot to someone as he goes through some Corrections & Omissions for last week’s movie Deck the Halls, explains why that guy in the song “Wipeout” is laughing, and tells us what our new year’s resolutions should be as he answers your Qs. Make sure to go see June in Anchorman 2 and Paul on Comedy Central’s @midnight!

Correction and omission Jason has asthma he would totally not win in a stamina fight vs Nick Kroll

Correction and omission Jason has asthma he would totally not win in a stamina fight vs Nick Kroll

No way, he'd channel his inner Rafi, grab a pocket dog and (more importantly) a switch blade, and work Kroll like a rib.

I thought I heard a wave of nerdgasm crashing on the shores when I woke up this morning.

Wow, I had no idea about the Holyfield quote....insane. HDTGM pre-recorded podcasts are more up to date than me. Scheer must stayed glued to TMZ.

I own this movie on VHS! Jack Frost is also known as the last major film Michael Keaton made before going into semi-retirement. And it's too bad that his career had to regularly end with this.

Oh man, I remember seeing Jack Frost on an airplane when I was 11 or 12. I know I hated it but I had an aisle seat and nothing to read but SkyMall. So I watched most of it and then immediately tried to forget it. Here's a dialogue highlight from Roger Ebert's review:

Jack Frost: "You da man!"

Charlie: "No, YOU da man!"

Jack: "No, I da SNOWMAN!"

• Like 2

What gets randomly referenced more in Earwolf history: Slimer with a mouth full of hotdogs or the laughing guy from Wipeout? I feel like I hear these references at least once a month.

• Like 4

I can't even count how many times I've seen this movie because when my baby brother was like 6, he became obsessed with it and rented it every time we went to the video store for like a year.

uuuggghhhhh

• Like 1

Henry Rollins as the special guest? That was my first guess anyway, although Paul F. Tompkins was also in this movie.

• Like 1

I am so excited for this! I recently discovered the show and have been binge listening for the last couple of months without watching the movies. Now that I am all caught up, it is iTunes rental time!

prrrrbbbbbbbllly Dennis The Menace

• Like 3

When Paul mentioned rants my first thought was Dennis Miller.

Prolblably gonna be Denis Leary.

Problobbaby gonna be Dennis Farina.

Prolboybally gonna be Dennis Rodman.

prrrrbbbbbbbllly Dennis The Menace

I fucking love you guys.

• Like 3

Oh my goodness. I am watching this movie now and it is a supreme bummer. Its like The Road of bad christmas movies.

Landslide?? Really?? That song alone is enough to do me in....

• Like 1

Actually, I'd prefer the guest to be 1980s Henry Rollins just to see the reaction of the guy who did vocals on songs like "My War" and "Depression" seeing himself in a Christmas movie about a snowman and starring the guy from Beetlejuice.

I would also gladly take present-day Rollins. He is a veteran of terrible movies.

Found in imdb: George Clooney was originally attached to the project but when he left to do Batman & Robin, ex-Batman Michael Keaton was re-cast into the lead role.

You can make an arguement that both of them got the sh*t end of the stick on that deal ....

• Like 2

Found in imdb: George Clooney was originally attached to the project but when he left to do Batman & Robin, ex-Batman Michael Keaton was re-cast into the lead role.

You can make an arguement that both of them got the sh*t end of the stick on that deal ....

I have to say, I like Michael Keaton in this role a lot better than I imagine what George Clooney would be like. But yeah, death by stabbing or poison.

Sign in to follow this