MaggieRossetti

Anyone else going to Riot LA this weekend? Any ideas of what else to do in LA?

Anyone else going to the Riot LA festival this week? This will be my first time in LA and I'm hella excited.

Anyone excited for a particular show?

And any ideas on what to do in the area when I'm not laughing inside a building?

Is this enough questions?

• Like 24

Here are a few places within walking distance of the venue:

Places

• Grand Central Market
  • Grand Park
  • Pershing Square (ice-skating)
  • LA Central Public Library
  • MOCA
  • City Hall Observation Deck
  • Walt Disney Concert Hall / REDCAT

Food

• Baco Mercat
  • Nickel Diner
  • Wurstküche
  • Cole's
  • The Spice Table
  • Philippe's
  • Chego
  • Langer's Deli (kind of far)
  • Papi's Pizzeria (unless you are coming from some place like New York, in which case you can probably skip it)

Other

• The Last Bookstore - Highly recommended, my favorite part of DTLA. Be sure to explore the upstairs section.
  • UCB Theatre - It's a 10-20 minute drive from DTLA, but if you want to take a break from laughing inside a building by laughing inside a different, smaller building (and you don't mind missing the last two or three Sunday shows at Riot LA), then go see Hot Sauce at 9:30 and Shitty Jobs at 11. They're sold out, but I've never had a problem getting in from the standby line. They're hands down the two funniest improv shows I've seen in LA. Just make sure you bring $5 cash for each show.

Hope that helps, and hope you enjoy your time in LA. Excited for CBB and Kyle Kinane, but I'm still trying to figure out how early I need to show up for good seats. Could anyone who went last year / earlier this week please let me know?