🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Matt_L

Striking Distance (1993)

The door to bad Bruce Willis movies was opened w/Hudson Hawk.

Striking Distance and The Last Boy Scout are up next.

If they didn't want him to make waves they shouldn't have put him on the water....

More Bruce!

There's another thread for Last Boy Scout.

Color of Night is awful, too.

Oh this movie is so bad. Sarah Jessica Parker otherwise known as the creature that feasts off of Mathew Brodericks life essence, at some point in this movie is wearing a cocktail dress that appears to have a visible bra built into it.

Made by the director of Road House himself, Rowdy Herrington!

I have to bump this again. If anyone hasn't seen this movie it's entirely worth it. There's a lot of great actors in it in earlier roles ( Chris Penn, Dennis Farina etc.)

Was watching the Wire again recently and it made me think about this movie. It's the second time i've seen one of these cop movies that has portrayed boat patrol as a form of punishment. 

It really seems like a much more relaxing beat than what they were doing before.

Yeah, I will also definitely vouch for this movie to be done by the podcast. While the movie does seem middle of the road in terms of drama / action / thriller movies for the 90s, I think that's what let go through with some glaring issues that I hope they would take up.

And the thing is, I love everyone in it. But, the plot might just be so flimsy that the director had to get everyone to just play to their acting strengths, and then ask them to take it to 11. (e.g. "Hey Bruce, can you just be WAY more brooding for this film? Yeah? Awesome!")

Mike K