🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Unusual

Jobs

Watched this on a flight to Australia. This is ridiculous, but not for the reasons you might think. Ashton isn't all that terrible (though certainly miscast) but the problem is the bizarrely fawning nature of the movie and how absurdly superficial it is. It feels like a movie that would appear in an episode of Entourage only it is an entire movie.

It's bad, but not unwatchably bad. But it is also weird in that this feels like it is SO superficial that it doesn't even exist. It's like someone based the movie on Steve's wikipedia page or a high school report.

It reminds me of the movie Walk Hard where Tim Meadows says "Well Dewey, this is the end of another chapter of your life." Imagine that but for a whole movie.

Oh agreed. The whole thing felt like it was a TV Movie with slightly better production values. Have to say though that I thought Ashton was woeful - just absolutely woeful, but as you rightly alluded to he was so friggin miscast I don't know what else they could have done.

I don't know I still see him as Kelso, and the only apple I imagine him developing would be when out of desperation he developed an apple into a bong.

When the tv movie is better then the film version your in trouble. Pirates of Silicon Valley was great and I wanted this to be good too. but as soon as I had seen or read about some of the clips that got shown on the web, I got very upset very quickly. lot of facts in this movie got screwed up to the point of ridiculousness. I could not stop talking during watching of this horrible crap fest.

this even made the fake steve jobs film look good. just as close to the facts as the film was.

http://www.funnyordi...teve-jobs-movie

Sign in to follow this