🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 116 — LIVE from RIOT LA 2014

Lauren Lapkus, Andy Daly, and Seth Morris join Matt Besser to find out what happens a prank phone call goes too far, become a boy band for a blimp captain, and explore why proposing on a ferris wheel could be the worst on this week’s improv4humans recorded LIVE from the RIOT LA festival. Plus, Eric the previously (un)paid intern stops by to defend himself against being unreliable when it comes to giving others a ride. You can now get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual at http://ucbstore.com/books/the-upright-citizens-brigade-comedy-improvisation-manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

The puking situation that Matt describes, trying to hold it in your mouth, happened to my girlfriend when we were on the Tilt-a-Whirl ride a couple of summers ago. And no, she wasn't able to hold it all in. I knew she was the girl for me when she vomited all over me and I didn't want to dump her.

Best line up ever... I think i am in love with Lauren Lapkus.

I'm smitten with Lauren Lapkus as well. She's an amazing improver and kills it every time she's on I4H and CBB. She's up there as one of the all time best guests. And Andy Daly... I have a improv man-crush on this guy. He's amazing. Seth and Matt just fed off each other beautifully.

Dream Lineup!

Best line up ever... I think i am in love with Lauren Lapkus.

I'm sure she'll make a beautiful widow.

This episode is fantastic, by the way. Love this lineup of improvisers.

Always love to hear Andy Daly using his classic "What's that?" improv technique.

His boyband manager character was amazing, I want to hear more of him.

• Like 9

I could not even handle this episode. I was crying with laughter. When Morris said "Can I get a prescription for a montage?" I literally applauded and almost got in a car accident.

EDIT: Also! The return of Glorm!!

• Like 2

Awesome guests and episode. I'm so happy that Andy's got his podcast coming up, and the Comedy Central show. And this is the first I've heard that Seth's going to start doing his podcast again. Woo!

• Like 1

dream team

called this a forknight ago, am i a psychic or just rly smart? to be frank it was just common since so maybe neither

• Like 1

"just shirt no pants like winnie the pooh"

tumblr_my7dx7Fbsg1rdzuduo1_500.jpg

• Like 3

thought that was mr besser for a sec there (the one on the left)

• Like 1

I was just talking the other day about how shirt without pants is the worst possible way to be exposed. This podcast really speaks to me.

• Like 1

I just wanted to say that the show has been really super for a while now so thank you!

• Like 2

So glad Andy brought back the boy-band manager at the end and tied it all together.

Eagerly awaiting his upcoming podcast!

Eric's condition with his throat cells being replaced with stomach cells is called barrett's esophagus. my dad has the same condition which stems from the throat being so burned from stomach acid, usually by heartburn, that it creates stomach cells to cope. it needs to be managed before it becomes a worse problem. i don't mean to give eric more worry but it seems to be managed with heart burn medication. that being said the scenes about matt on the train with the girls reactions was great. it was a great episode all around. so happy to habe bob ducca coming back.

Eric's condition with his throat cells being replaced with stomach cells is called barrett's esophagus. my dad has the same condition which stems from the throat being so burned from stomach acid, usually by heartburn, that it creates stomach cells to cope. it needs to be managed before it becomes a worse problem. i don't mean to give eric more worry but it seems to be managed with heart burn medication. that being said the scenes about matt on the train with the girls reactions was great. it was a great episode all around. so happy to habe bob ducca coming back.

That's what I thought at first but it's not Barrett's, they biopsied it. Barrett's is when your esophagus tissue starts resembling intestinal lining. Also, my throat isn't being burned by acid, it's producing it. It's weird, man.

• Like 4

ah ok. yeah the condition just sounded a lot like what my dad has had for a while. i sent you a PM too .

i hope your health gets better.

I was just talking the other day about how shirt without pants is the worst possible way to be exposed. This podcast really speaks to me.

Who doesn't lounge around the house on a Sunday morning with only a shirt on?

Cat owners, for one, I suppose...

Anyhow, I think some idiot roommate told my parents that I died

because I was in heaven with this episode...

Eric is simply amazing in this one, sometimes I think he might secretly be an actor hired by Matt haha.

Sign in to follow this