🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
WoodrowHayseed

Jason Wrote Ride Along?

I just noticed Mantzoukas was a screenwriter on Ride Along. Nicely done having the #1 movie at the box office. I think the Nundercover trilogy is in good hands.

From what I read he did a re-write of the initial script, which was then re-wrote by screenwriting team for the final.

Best guess is about 30% of his jokes made it through. If it was all him, obviously it would have made over $120 million opening weekend.

• Like 2

I heard about this earlier today and checked the movie's IMDB page and guess who was originally attached to play Ice Cube's role? It was Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson! Wonder if Jason thought he was working on a screenplay for The Rock only to find out later the role was to be played by Ice Cube? I bet you if The Rock were in this movie it would be awesome lol.

I heard about this earlier today and checked the movie's IMDB page and guess who was originally attached to play Ice Cube's role? It was Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson! Wonder if Jason thought he was working on a screenplay for The Rock only to find out later the role was to be played by Ice Cube? I bet you if The Rock were in this movie it would be awesome lol.

I haven't looked, so I may be wrong, but I think that way back when, several years ago, it was going to be Rock and maybe Ryan Reynolds? I too would love to know which stage of the film Jason was working at. This would be a good discussion for a mini ep, although someone on another thread suggested having an episode where Jason, in douchey screenwriter mode, is the guest, and he's defending his movie and talking about what a piece of art it is.

• Like 2

Best guess is about 30% of his jokes made it through. If it was all him, obviously it would have made over $120 million opening weekend.

I'd have guessed that if his vision made it to screen unaltered, it would be NC-17 and banned in several countries.

• Like 2

Benice if they did a show for this one just to hear Jasons insight into the making of it. kind of like the punisher.

Sign in to follow this