🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 164 — My Demons High

SNL alum and CBB regular Horatio Sanz joins Ku-Ku and How How for a real love fest on today’s Who Charted! They chat about Drake on SNL, new year’s resolutions, and being tough in the city while counting down Billboard’s Pop Music Chart. Later, Horatio explains why he’s given up on animation during the Movie Chart. Plus, we hear how Horatio discovered improv and what made him want to start as he answers your Twitter questions!

I absolutely loved how when things got a little somber as talk turned to an apparently true incident in which Jason Woliner was recently mugged at gunpoint, and Howard struggled to find something meaningful to say, Horatio's instinct was to add a moment of levity by dead-panning: "I guess the guy made him blow the barrel...so it's harsh."

I think I re-listened to that moment ten times.

• Like 10

I never thought "I guess the guy made him blow the barrel...so it's harsh." would be such a big laugh line.

• Like 1

Speaking of animated shit, there is a 2004 South Korean film called 'Doggy Poo' about a friendly poop trying to find it's purpose in life.

Last time Scotty was on he shared the fact that KuKu also mixes up the lyrics to 'Radioactive' as 'Ready for action', so maybe it's an Imagine Dragons thing.

Ruh-roh, Howard and Horatio are in trouble when they realise that Earwolf's own Jason Mantzoukas wrote the screenplay for Ride Along...

And I know for a fact Jason has said "The screenplay for Ride Along is the best thing I've ever made and I am incredibly proud of it" so he's going to be furious

I didn't really know the song, so I believed Kulap that it's "high," not "hide." "High" is better too, right?

I am so glad I started listening to this show. I listened to my first one about a week and a half ago, I've listened to A LOT since, and it is a blast (as you all know, of course)!

Ruh-roh, Howard and Horatio are in trouble when they realise that Earwolf's own Jason Mantzoukas wrote the screenplay for Ride Along...

Jason was brought in to rewrite the original screenplay, and then they brought in two other guys to rewrite it again. It's never a good sign when a movie is rewritten that many times. Who knows how much of Jason's stuff even made it into the final product. I'm guessing very little.

• Like 1

Jason was brought in to rewrite the original screenplay, and then they brought in two other guys to rewrite it again. It's never a good sign when a movie is rewritten that many times. Who knows how much of Jason's stuff even made it into the final product. I'm guessing very little.

Now I will have to watch this thing to see if anyone mentions "jerking it" or people being "dumb dumbs"

• Like 3

Now I will have to watch this thing to see if anyone mentions "jerking it" or people being "dumb dumbs"

It was weird how, before they warmed up to each other in the second act, Ice Cube refers to Kevin Hart as "literally a piece of garbage"

• Like 5

Or undercover nuns.

• Like 1

By the way - if I may say that as the first words of a post - I thought Drake was fine on SNL. I don't know his music, though (or Degrassi); my world isn't music, it's movies. That's actually why I didn't think I'd like this podcast, because I thought it was actually about music. Then I found out it wasn't about the charts at all, but about the people, and the laughter!

I'm hoping for a discussion about "hairy beavs" myself.

Also, fantastic episode. Horatio is quickly becoming one of my favorite podcast guests.

I think in context it seems clear that they were simply rejecting it out of hand because of the cast. Ice Cube has made some terrible movies. It's ironic that in an attempt to leverage the irony of putting him in family movies he somehow became a kitschy family movie actor along the way. Now it's tough to take him seriously. And as Doug remarked the other day, it seems a lot of comedy folks are a little perplexed by the fact that Kevin Hart is in every damn movie there is today.

There was little chance they'd have gotten close enough to it to note the quality of the screenplay.

This is one of those tweets they don't need to see.

Sign in to follow this