🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 184 — You Upchurched It

You know Michael Showalter from the State, Wet Hot American Summer, co-hosting the podcast Topics and for his love of cats. But did you know he’s a rolling snowball of sports information? Michael gets deep about his obsession with sports talk radio, Dan Fouts, and satiny NY Yankees jackets. He also tells us about his time teaching screenwriting at NYU’s Grad Film School, some of the memorable times performing live with Stella, and his upcoming romantic comedy movie They Came Together starring Paul Rudd & Amy Poehler. Later, it gets all gumbly when we hear what Bryant Gumbel has planned for the Super Bowl. Don’t forget to get your tickets for the Sklar Bros one-hour special tapings at the Majestic Theatre in Madison, WI at www.majesticmadison.com

So good catching up with Showalter. He was my main squeeze of all "The State" guys. And now his pronunciation of "GrrrrryfinDOR!!" will always be in my head.

I dunno why but Gumbel's delayed recognition of "Ohhhhhhh, the Sklar Brothers" makes me laugh every time. This is the weekend -- Countdown to Puppy Bowl kickoff, you guys!

Great episode. Showalter is super cool, and anyone who hasn't seen the State 'reunion' on @Midnight last week should seek it out.

In case anyone else was curious, Detlef Schrempf and Rik Smits played together on the Pacers from '89-'93, and neither played there prior to '89.

^ Yeah I was going to say, the Pacers listed were all 90s guys. Still solid though. Also, Xavier McDaniel didn't wear headbands.

Solid Fennis Dembo pull though.

Sign in to follow this