🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 18 — Lamorne Morris, Our Close Friend

Nick Thune, I heard a rumor that you're the inventor of all the Nick Toons (Nickelodeon Cartoons) even the one about the ponies that those weirdos want to fuck. Do you care to speak on that?

Also, how are your parents Erik and Cindy Thune?

• Like 5

I was listening to Nick on another podcast and I kid you not he said "I like the smell of butts!" so you might want to ask him about that

#LetZimmermanBox

#LetZimmermanBox

#LetZimmermanBox

#LetZimmermanBox

Join me on twitter.

• Like 1

When I am shredding the axe and making sweet panty dropping melodies, instinctually, I reach for my trusty sunburst rosewood acoustic. As fellow riff masters, is there a guitar that you are partial to when joke slaying?

• Like 1

Hey Nike Thorn-

1. Did you change where you were born just to jump on the bandwagon?

2. If not, are you best budz with Mackymore and Kenny G?

• Like 2

I heard on a celeb gossip website that once Nick "Big Kathune-a" Thune sneezed in a bible and then closed it. Perhaps he could speak on that.

• Like 1

Dear Nick Thune: What phone you rockin? Galaxy S4? Moto X? LG Optimus? Droid Maxx? Lumia 928?

• Like 2

I was watching Work of Holics today and I realized that I already have the Costco lifestyle. How I hear you ask? Well, I went to high school in Kirkland, namesake of the Kirkland signature brand, and lemme tell you something, when you live the Costco lifestyle, it's head to toe license plates with your name on them and bulk containers of Goldfish.

• Like 1

Nick Thune:

You worked at the Boys & Girls Club at Emily Dickinson Elementary School. I came there from Einstein Elementary almost every day in sixth grade. I remember you. Honestly, I thought you had a goofy face and I was a little afraid of you. I don't know what my deal was either... But I'm super excited that you've done pretty well in Hollywood. What's up? Do you stay in touch with Pinkie? She was so cool! (PLEASE PLEASE ASK THIS, TRUE STORY)

Also, Seahawks victory; fucking amazing or fucking epic?

Do you miss Seattle?

Did you and Joel McHale watch the Super Bowl together? That's a world I want to live in.

I would like to here the true story that Chanson said...

• Like 1

So I went to a tech/software/entrepreneur meetup last night. It was the usual free beer, free food, lots of nerds, some millionaires with money to invest, etc. I realized that entrepreneurship has become cool, at least here and in places like Silicon Valley, Boston, New York, probably LA, I imagine it's much the same. However, I can't help but wonder whether this is a good thing or if this is just going to make it more difficult for the really devoted entrepreneurs to get noticed. Perhaps this worry is misplaced.

Hipsterpreneurship. Can anyone speak on this please?

Chanson.

You are right and you are kind of right. As far 'hipsters' (whatever that even means anymore) being entrepreneurs I can personally speak to that...

The follow through with ideas generally is lacking I'd say for the most part. Even in my own personal endeavors, getting an idea off the ground is just like not coooolll.

For example a friend and I wanted to make circleshirts.co where we sold shirts with circles on them and that was it. It was supposed to kind of be an exercise in 'anti branding'. Because working in this industry that I work in, you begin to really fucking hate 'brands'.

After printing the shirts, doing design for the website, even buying the domain and shit, we just were like... let's not do this anymore, and decided that we would shut it down. One of the biggest reasons for this was seeing Taylor Swift wearing a circle shirt someone else made in one of her videos. We knew then that we had missed the boat.

We even went so far as to begin early concept work on our social media materials. Here's a video we shot to advertise.

I really think it gets the point across...

Sort of NSFW... sorry bros at work

Also sort of NSFP

(I'm too cool for embedding)

• Like 5

Burdrulz,

I think I've stepped away from the precipice I was standing on earlier. After some thought I've come to realize that it's good to get more people with different perspectives into entrepreneurship. I suppose my goal is to figure out how to use this new group of would-be entrepreneurs to my advantage.

I think my natural tendency is to resist change but I don't think that's very productive or forward-thinking. The challenge is to figure out ways of incorporating the newcomers into the fold so that new and old voices get heard and can actually dialogue with one another in a meaningful way. Thus harnessing the good from both groups while helping them learn from one another. I think my resistance to the cultural shift in entrepreneurship was misguided.

Also, in general, I think a well-constructed well-supported brand with good products is a great thing. Perhaps rare, but when executed well, quite good.

You might like this: https://www.facebook...poratebollocks.

• Like 1

Guys I need help getting in the funny zone!

I'm going to shows watching my fav stand ups: jeff dunham, joe rogan, larry the cable guy, and ellen degeneres. what funny dudes

I'm watching the funniest shows on tv: big bang theory, dads, family guy. pretty much tbs 24/7

I'm watching movies on vod: grown ups 2, funny people, wolf of wall street

I recognize these things and people are funny but I can't be funny about people and things or places. too much time in the cia, I guess

I heard a rumor Nick Thune and Jerry Seinfeld are feuding because Nick stole Jerry's album name idea. He was planning on naming his album Jerry Seinfeld: Serry Jeinfeld.

I don't really know why I did this either.

image_zpsbe091f71.jpg

...If I ever run for congress, this could be problematic and easily misconstrued.

• Like 4

Who's the questions for this time? Is it Nick Thune? Don't know who that is. Oh is he the one off Kroll Show?

Nick, what is it like to make Kroll Show?

edit: FUCK, I just looked this up and I got the wrong Nick. Does anybody know how to delete or edit a post? So embarrassing...

I don't really know why I did this either.

image_zpsbe091f71.jpg

...If I ever run for congress, this could be problematic and easily misconstrued.

awfully dusty in seattle

• Like 5

city still covered in 3 feet of super bowl confetti

• Like 1

Adam Devine:

I want to ask something mean about SimCity, because you were in the commercials, but I don't think you're responsible for the shitty rollout. Also, I'm glad you got EA's money instead of someone else. So all in all, great job on that. Plus, you were pretty great in the commercials.

Seattle Super Bowl victory: greatest moment of your life or all time?

Fuck Marry Kill: Sean, Hayes, Engineer Brett/Sam

Have you ever worked with Lamorne Morris?

Does it hurt your feelings that you're the dumb one on Work of Holics? Or did you not know that they were portraying you in such a negative light?

How famous do you have to be in order to get to meet Oprah?

• Like 1

Adam, you once said that beer makes your head fat. Which one were you referring to?