🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Well, I don't know about any city slickin' stores that sell books, but this fits in nicely with my home collection

tumblr_n0lx3oRcmU1r2kn3co1_500.jpg

• Like 7

I am so fucking pumped for the rest of these. I think this podcast might restore my faith in humanity.

• Like 1

Well, I don't know about any city slickin' stores that sell books, but this fits in nicely with my home collection

tumblr_n0lx3oRcmU1r2kn3co1_500.jpg

Nice book collection!

• Like 2

BgD0pelCIAEgcv7.jpg

I went to Barnes & Noble to complete the challenge, but actually found the book!

In the remainders section... :( Sorry, Dalton...

• Like 16

Saw this at the local library. Perhaps Dalton has a like-minded relative who is also an author?

tumblr_n0szgofmC61r2kn3co9_500.jpg

tumblr_n0szgofmC61r2kn3co3_r1_500.jpg

(*officially requesting Jessica St. Clair to play Charlotte Wilcox, author of Mummies, Bones, and Body Parts*)

• Like 17

Dear DALTON WILCOX,

Thank you very much for starting this thread. It has allowed my staff, after months of searching, to finally locate you. Please be advised that donations to the Peabody Institute Library of Danvers must be submitted to our Collection Development Committee and not just placed on a shelf in a self-made display. While we appreciate donations, please understand that this library is a classy joint and we cannot just let any riffraff in.

Wilcox2.JPG

Upon further review of the donated text, our Collection Development Committee has decided that you, Dalton Wilcox, are no authorial riffraff and would welcome this donation. Limping Joe, the Vice Chair of the Committee, was particularly impressed with the recipes as beans form a foundation of his diet since the shelter done burned down. While attempts to follow the bolo tie instructions did lead to at least one hospital visit, the Committee did not feel this detracted from the book’s value as Jesse Walleye Perkins had it coming.

Additionally, based on the scribblings on the pizza box that serves as the Committee’s official meeting minutes, it appears that there is some interest in inviting you to speak to library patrons. Can this be arranged through your agent? We can guarantee an audience of at least a dozen people round back by the dumpster and fully catered by the same. Talks usually last roughly forty-five minutes but can go longer, weather depending. Any subject you wish to discuss would be welcome, but the Committee indicted the most interest in a poetry workshop, instructions for ‘prairie love,’ and monster identification. You would be welcome to bring additional copies of your work for sale or barter.

Please let me know if this is possible. In any case, please be advised that the following books are long overdue and must be returned as soon as possible.

Yes, You Can! A Guide to International Waters by Dr. Lehman Brown

The Malleus Maleficarum, Maleficas, & earum hæresim, ut phramea potentissima conterens by Heinrich Kramer

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Thank you for your time,

Drew Meger

Head of Circulation

Peabody Institute Library of Danvers

Danvers, MA

• Like 9

post-91402-0-57479300-1392323713_thumb.jpg

I work for a "Competent" book publisher and I left it in a Barnes and Noble in Manhattan with a note inside that read: "YOU'VE BEEN HAD! YOU GOD'AM CITY SLICKER!

• Like 7

I work at the local public library here in Utah.

iMHmNna.jpg?1

I was busy shelving when I came across a copy of Dalton's book. I'm not sure what is with the ISBN but the computer placed it in the Women's Health section.

tV1FU7w.jpg?1

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this one was actually purchased.

aiv35yH.jpg?1BFg38ki.jpg?1

If there's anything more city-slickin' than a computer, I don't know what it is.

Here is a picture of my dogs.

WpSCd9w.jpg?1

• Like 12

After failing to find it in either the poetry or cooking sections of my local bookstore, I finally had success in the monster-hunter section.

tumblr_n1xhbfsm8J1rodqe7o1_500.jpg

post-92247-0-60845200-1393962790_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

I think someone is a fan of Dalton's - this book came out last month:

41ddO9xBTHL.jpg

• Like 1

Dalton's book also reminds me a little of this old muckraker by Robert Sherrill:

5104KLanJML._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg