🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 001 — The Wit and Wisdom of the West with Dalton Wilcox

I say it every time Andy Daly appears on CBB but this time I really mean it - Andy Daly is my favorite thing on the internet.

• Like 5

I had a fun mental exercise thinking about how much money I would be willing to pay to hear a cryptozoology podcast with Garry Marshall and Dalton Wilcox.

If you haven't already, you have to go purchase the Live Tour 2013 episodes. The LA one is (Lord) Andrew Lloyd Webber and Don Dimelo (theatrical director).

This is an order, its for your own good.

• Like 2

I'm just gonna copypaste what I wrote about this week's CBB:

This episode seems like a blatant attempt to get as many of the hosts of my favorite podcasts as possible in one room together.

• Like 2

Sooooo is Andy Daly SURE he's performing at the Kennedy Center on March 3rd? B/c The Kennedy Center doesn't seem to think he is... according to their website? ANY ONE??? ANY INFO????? IF THIS IS HAPPENING I MUST GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! I CANNOT GET TICKETS TO AN EVENT THAT DOES NOT TECHNICALLY EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I'd just like to say that whoever made this unwritten rule that podcasts can't be more than an hour or so long, I've been saying that's bull shit and I think this amazing 2-hour yet could've been longer and still would've enjoyed it episode proves it!

I posted this on the Who Charted? thread from yesterday:

Omg omg omg I hope that the live recording of 'Kiss Me, I'm Patrick McMahon' at Molly Malone's on March 11th is a real thing! I live less than a mile away and March 11th is a Tuesday, and I have Tuesdays off! I am SO there.

UPDATE for this messageboard: It IS a real thing and I am SO there!

• Like 1

I've never been more thankful to have a functional set of ears in my life. This podcast may very well be good enough to bring all 3 races together in unity in a way that soft drink commercials could only dream of. Dalton "God Damn" Wilcox deserves a peace prize for this.

• Like 3

"Nobody would watch the sketches. They'd say- ", it sounded like he came so close to saying "bring out the girls" in his Don Dimello voice after that.

• Like 2

This might be the best podcast episode ever recorded.

I was thinking the same thing

• Like 1

"You could have at least made the step slide toast under the beans"

Holy shit, this was amazing. I really hope Cactus Tony sent a podcast tape in, and Andy plays it!

If you haven't already, you have to go purchase the Live Tour 2013 episodes. The LA one is (Lord) Andrew Lloyd Webber and Don Dimelo (theatrical director).

This is an order, its for your own good.

Damn! I've been meaning to buy them pretty much since they came out, it's just a question of having time to listen to them. I might as well just bite the bullet, and having them on my computer would probably entice me to make time to listen.

I have not laughed this much ever - please give Dalton Wilcox a regular show. Otherwise, the vampires, werewolves, frankenstein, jersey devils, jekyll & hyde and the talking chipmunks win.

• Like 1

I had a fun mental exercise thinking about how much money I would be willing to pay to hear a cryptozoology podcast with Garry Marshall and Dalton Wilcox.

Oh, I'd empty out my savings for that podcast. Make it a travelogue podcast where Dalton and Gary hunt down monsters all over the world. The sound effect app alone would probably cost them like 10 bucks!

And for those who don't, Dalton Wilcox is going to murder you, because you're a monster.

KidColt107_zps388848d1.jpg

Something I made slapdash at work...

• Like 6

So incredible.

Also, do we know if this will only be an 8 episode run? Or will they choose one to make regularly after the air all 8?

I would love to see this idea expanded to other characters. I know it's Andy's thing but how great would it be if PFT's characters all did pilots too?

Love the episode but having written a book nobody wants to read, it cuts me to the quick.

• Like 1

I am like a butterfly going through that one process.

BRILLIANT!

I want more cowboy poems! Where can I find this book!?

• Like 1

Thanks, Andy! Up until now, I wasn't 100% sure who my favorite comedian was. There's no gettin' around it now...

it's Andy God-damn Daly.

Riddle me this though: If this is a pilot episode Dalton Wilcox submitted for Earwolf's consideration, how could he know about and mention the earwolf.com/dalton website? I suspect city-slickery...

• Like 2

I'm here to throw my utter adoration on the giant pile already accumulating. This could not have been better. I know it's too much to hope for, but can PFT please be on every episode? Unless it's dangerous to have so much genius trapped together for too long. Fuck it, even if it is dangerous, I'll die very fucking happy. The pillow thing... Jesus God Almighty...

Andy Daly character bingo?

Boat on international waters

"What's that?"

Girls/prostitutes

Murder/death

• Like 3