🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 001 — The Wit and Wisdom of the West with Dalton Wilcox

Riddle me this though: If this is a pilot episode Dalton Wilcox submitted for Earwolf's consideration, how could he know about and mention the earwolf.com/dalton website? I suspect city-slickery...

Confidence!

On a completely unrelated note, it's a weird coincidence that Dalton recorded this podcast with an engineer named Cody.

• Like 2

Incredible. This podcast is the best thing that has happened to me in forever.

Riddle me this though: If this is a pilot episode Dalton Wilcox submitted for Earwolf's consideration, how could he know about and mention the earwolf.com/dalton website? I suspect city-slickery...

Now I am not an expert, but that sounds dangerously like something a vampire would say.

• Like 4

wow, can't believe all the praise for this episode. i personally felt this was an incredibly disappointing and lackluster outing for andy daly....just kidding, i'm currently on my fourth listen and I am rock hard. on a side note, i can't believe i hadn't noticed that ALL my coworkers are vampires.

When I downloaded this, I had no idea who was in it besides Andy. I can't express the joy I felt upon hearing PFT's famous background laugh.

As for the episode, I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. Simply amazing. Loooong, but never a single weak moment. Matt and Andy seem to suggest that every episode won't be 2+ hours, but you'd make me a very happy man if they were.

DALTON: I'll tell you right now - I shouldn't mention this because I'm trying to be a respectable author - but I do have some girls out on a boat.

(shock)

SHUNT:...now is this...wait a minute...is this, uh...you keep em there as, uh....is this trafficking?

DALTON: Ohhhhhhhhh - listen: they are out on international waters where it's my understanding that nobody has jurisdiction and you can do whatever you want and the draw of it is you do whatever you want.

SHUNT: Well you answered my second question then.

Can't believe that was just off-handedly sprinkled in at the end like nothing. Something tells me every character on this podcast is going to have some doings out on international waters...

I've found my first problem with this podcast, and it's a big one.

Lately, I've been falling behind on my podcasts, so I have over 30 episodes of various shows that I need to get to. But after "The Wit and Wisdom of the West," I have no desire to listen to any of them. Is the rest of my podcast feed suddenly irrelevant? Hope this is temporary. :P

• Like 1

Holy hell Betsy's poem almost made me swerve into oncoming traffic I was laughing so hard. Did not see the twist coming.

• Like 4

HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIIITTT!!!!!!

IDK What this means but it must be a GREAT sign! After looking through every book in my bookshelf, I finally found a book that was the perfect size for the Dalton Wilcox print out book cover to fit.

...AND GUESS WHAT THE NAME OF THE AUTHOR OF THAT BOOK WAS.........

http://cbbfan4life.imgur.com/all

Hooray Andy and Matt.

I am thrilled that this podcast exists. Dalton and his merry band were amazing -- the cast on this show was fantastic -- everyone killed it -- so much fun. Also, the unadulterated versions of those superego songs were incredible.

I eagerly await whatever it is that you guys have in store.

Love that PFT tested the waters to see if Dalton was suicidal.

This was so brilliant and perfectly captured Andy and Paul's chemistry. And... doesn't everyone know the B in B Dalton stands for "books"?? Books Dalton Bookstore: RIP!

Have you ever heard a podcast that you hoped would never end? I have. Ask me how. And then ask me about my grandkids. They heard it too.

Oh my Golly!

This made my stool soft. I don't usually comment on the boards, but I couldn't not do so.

This episode is definitely one of the funniest ever. I thought the original Comedy Death Ray epi with Dalton Wilcox was phenomenal, but I think this was actually better.

How can Andy Daly possibly top this? He's set the bar so high on his 1st episode!

Don Dimelo, that's how.

I know it goes against the spirit of the thing, but listening to this podcast as I lay in my sensory deprivation chamber was quite enjoyable.