đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Stokely

Blank Check (1994)

I don't know how you guys didn't mention the absolute insane PEDOPHILE subplot.

Where unlike most kids movies where the love interest is age appropriate - we have a kid (10 years old), and an FBI agent (let's say 27 and that's being generous). Now sure they go on a "date" and for most part it's the kid being blind and oblivious- but at the end- she DOES KISS HIM. And they agree to meet up in 6 years!? So she'll be 33 and he'll be 16.

The problem is that it doesn't come off as creepy as it should be for two reasons.

1. Any scene where they "talk"- they are the only ones in the scene. If anyone witnessed how either of them acted- they would be called out to stop being idiots. Or in her case a pedophile.

2. It wouldn't be as bad as if the genders were reversed. Imagine if it was a "male" FBI agent saying "meet me in 6 years" -- TO A 10 YEAR OLD GIRL!

HOLY- FUCKING- SHIT!

I took it as he was 11 and JUST turned 12 in the last bit. In the last day of the movie it is his birthday. So yeah he'd just turn 18 in 6 years. Still creepy, but he'd just turn of age.

holy shit!

this has to be a clue! this is like the Earwolf Zapruder film.

"backpack and to the left"

So nice he did it twice

IMG_6205.jpg

• Like 4

I wonder if one of the regular posters here is Scotty Auks...

• Like 1

I guess Scott Aukerman is saying in a nice simple way, he wants to do this show and this movie only. thanks for posting this Bever Hopox. that or he just loves this movie.

paul can we make a not so very little boys dream come true?

btw how fucking tall is Scott Aukerman? he looks like the friendly giant in that picture.

edited later: there you go, guys. Could not help myself from making this..

y11zc.jpg

I bet you Scott Aukerman gets searched everytime he leaves the building of the Earwolf podcast studio.

• Like 4

Why has it been 2 years since someone wrote in this thread? Did they start a new one and I missed it???

They need to do Blank Check ffs!

• Like 1

I feel like the episode would have to be three hours long to cover the amount of insanity displayed in this movie.

Why has it been 2 years since someone wrote in this thread? Did they start a new one and I missed it???

They need to do Blank Check ffs!

Do we just mention it a lot in OTHER threads? It doesn't feel like it's been so long.

• Like 1

Do we just mention it a lot in OTHER threads? It doesn't feel like it's been so long.

I think we must and that's where my confusion lies. It seems like Blank Check gets mentioned at least once a month.

I think we must and that's where my confusion lies. It seems like Blank Check gets mentioned at least once a month.

It might be whenever we discuss movies with terrible kids in them, like it always ends up with "Man, that fuckin' Blank Check kid though...".

Haven't watched this film yet, i will only do so if it becomes a podcast. I don't want to have to watch it twice.

But I fully endorse this podcast recommendation.

• Like 1

Good I would be so happy if they did this movie even as a kid I thought it was totally nuts.

I'm home sick with the flu and have been in the habit of not catching up on shows and watching random nonsense...

I haven't watched this film since I was little and holy shit... this movie is absolutely stone cold crazo bonkers cuckoo bananas.

There are so many sex jokes and a fucking subplot is the kid trying to get with the undercover FBI agent... and his adult friend employee driver HELPING him. Oh, did I forget to mention THIS IS A DISNEY FILM???!!!

This isn't the fever talking. Holy shit, you guys...

Bump in the memory of the late, great Miguel Ferrer. I grew up watching him in countless movies and shows I was severely bummed to hear of his passing.

• Like 2

They need to do this for the child/adult romance angle alone, it would have paired nicely with Sleepwalkers

Yea the fact that this movie leaves you thinking "Maybe these two are going to end up together" is extremely unsettling.

True Story: I had a class in 7th grade called "Personal Finance and Money Management" and our teacher showed us this film. To this day I have no idea why.

Very uncomfortable movie. What really gets me is that fountain dancing scene, which by the way ends with members of the general public applauding.

This movie definitely gave me "The Ladybugs" effect. As a kid, I throughly enjoyed it, but just THINKING about it now, I scream to myself, "Oh come on!!"

They need to do this for the child/adult romance angle alone, it would have paired nicely with Sleepwalkers

Yea the fact that this movie leaves you thinking "Maybe these two are going to end up together" is extremely unsettling.

Oh my God, yes, I just didn't think anything of this as a kid. I mean, come on!

I remember seeing this one around age 10 and even then both my friend and I knew that he had spent way more than a million dollars pretty quickly.

Can’t remember for sure, but I think this might be the one where his brothers straight-up stole his piggy bank and then his dad gave him a lecture on managing his money better.

Another tiny thing I remember is that the VHS cover had a quote from a critic saying “If you loved Home Alone, you’ll love Blank Check!” The cliche is supposed to be if you “LIKED X, then you’ll love Y.” Like try and throw a wider net and maybe even imply that it’s better. But maybe even that critic was not willing to lie that much.

He buys that mansion for 250k which even when adjusted for inflation is still some of the biggest horseshit in the entire movie. And that includes a grown FBI agent telling a fucking ten year old to call her in eight years.

From IMDB: Both Karen Duffy (Shay)and Tone Loc (Juice)appeared in different Jim Carrey films the same year: Duffy in Dumb and Dumber (1994) and Loc in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994).

And Karen Duffy’s name in Dumb & Dumber? Shay.