🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
StevoDoccerson

Dana Gould Hour

I just wanted to give a shout-out to the latest episode of the Dana Gould Hour which features Ken, Sark, & Blaine talking about D&D among.... other things. Anyway, I won't give a full report as I'm listening to it now, thus preventing all possibilities of spoilers.

• Like 1

Oh man this is gonna be awesome! Two of the greatest podcasts joining forces. Solid shout out, Stevo!

• Like 1

Also they muse about what the sordid details of the after-hours at a Renaissance Festival must be like. As somebody who has made their living working RenFests for the past 12 years, I can say I've got some stories...

Maybe I'll share them here. Who knows.

Also they muse about what the sordid details of the after-hours at a Renaissance Festival must be like. As somebody who has made their living working RenFests for the past 12 years, I can say I've got some stories...

Maybe I'll share them here. Who knows.

The podcast Jordan Jesse GO! has had an ongoing speculative discussion about post-nerd-gathering-fuck-fests for several years. They have a gotten one or two callers with non-elaborative hints like yours. PLEASE share! :D

• Like 1

As somebody who has made their living working RenFests for the past 12 years, I can say I've got some stories...

I wonder if I know any of the people in your stories since we're from the same area.... :ph34r:

I wonder if I know any of the people in your stories since we're from the same area.... :ph34r:

Probably, but I've toured the circuit too. I'll be working the Tampa Faire as beloved entertainer Hob the Troll (with a podcast of my own, the HobCast available on iTunes)

I've sent out invites to the Nerd Poker crew to come on the HobCast, but I was thinking a little quid-pro-quo if they're interested. They read this often enough, maybe we can encourage them.

Until then, here's a few fun short ones.

-Lots of festivals have campgrounds on or nearby site for traveling performers/crafters/games, etc. This results in people who live out of their vans, who set up elaborate tent/camps with a lot of modern day accouterment. Sometimes you get scumbag neighbors at these campgrounds, and you have to listen to them while they play their XBox, get wasted, and yell at each other. I heard this following exchange from two such neighbors which proved to be more profound than either of them knew. Apparently the guy was playing XBox:

Man: Aw shit. Fuck. Goddamnit. Motherfucking bullshit! FUCK!

Woman: What is it?!

Man: Agh, I'm just stuck in a place I don't want to be.

This could happen anywhere, but I don't want to give away my best stuff. (Stories of the only shower on a site controlled by the guys who do the mud show, wine-tasting/dance parties with famous authors, ventriloquists, magicians, and hippies...)

Sign in to follow this