🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 272 — Sex Party Season

Was Scott's "it's been a while" drifting into Staind reference territory there? Either way, I'm glad Mr. Marshall unwittingly brought it back into the purview of Barenaked Ladies.

• Like 1

Was Scott's "it's been a while" drifting into Staind reference territory there?

It's certainly sounded that way to me as well.

• Like 1

How long before someone makes that mashup?

• Like 1

This is one of the best episodes of all time. Sorry.

• Like 1

Scott: "You must be rich as FUCK Garry."

That and "Is it one of the Pretty Little Liars?" were two tossed-off lines that absolutely killed me. These two bring out the best on the Scottabot. (Oh, hell, everyone brings out the best in him.)

As if this episode wasn't amazing enough for the first hour-plus, we get an extended Mildred & Patty Hill riff, an extended "Touch Me"/Cantina theme medley, and a Gilly Cantina theme solo.

• Like 3

As if this episode wasn't amazing enough for the first hour-plus, we get an extended Mildred & Patty Hill riff, an extended "Touch Me"/Cantina theme medley, and a Gilly Cantina theme solo.

It really was sort of a Greatest Hits of PFT/Choctaw running bits. One of the greatest pleasures of this show over the years has always been Scott's commitment to never letting good bits like these go. Week after week, attentive listening is always richly rewarded by the countless callbacks, and there's an ever-growing collection of material to draw from. It's a nifty little comedic universe these guys have built here.

• Like 1

I am an enormous Community fan and Gillian's podcast appearances on CBB were my first introduction to this show. I am obviously a big fan now, but I have to say I am floored by how much Gillian has improved every single appearance. The fact that she can go toe-to-toe-to-toe-(to-toe?) with Scott / PFT and not just back down, but even antagonize the 3 in the room warms my comedy soul.

I love Gillian too much. Also Scott/PFT

• Like 1

Great ep... As small as it was, Paul's "hamburgler" burn was super-quick and brilliant (status quo for Paul)

This episode really gets my various juices flowing.

"Milk? ... Oh, boobies!"

• Like 1

If I may borrow language that might be used on Nerd Poker, I feel like Gillian Jacobs is a magical comedy amulet; funny things just occur when she is around. Even if she makes zero jokes in an entire episode, her presence and talent elevate the hilarity of those around her an funny jokes happen. If she does make her own punchlines, then all the better.

• Like 1

SCOTT: Technicality. No. Down. Boo. Over.

LEN: Technicality-No-Down-Boo-Over?!

• Like 11

SCOTT: Technicality. No. Down. Boo. Over.

LEN: Technicality-No-Down-Boo-Over?!

Quote of the year

• Like 2

your..wife

i've never heard interspecies giraffe love making explained so beautifully..

JJ Abrams hello

"Giraffe."

I loved Scott's subtle drop of 'recent pyramid news' - that had to be the deepest cut in an ep full of callbacks

So how much of Len's gross income do you think he spends on lube?

when you're hot as len wiseman, the lubrication comes to you (if you know what i mean)

• Like 1