🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 273 — Vape Cod

Parks and Recreation’s Jim O’Heir makes his way from Pawnee for his debut appearance on today’s Comedy Bing Bong! Jim takes us through the many masks he wears as an actor and explains how the audition he did for the role of Ron Swanson lead to the creation of his character Jerry Gergich. Then, Shelly Driftwood returns to share some Hollywood animal secrets and tell us about his new business venture located in Venice. YOLO!

• Like 2

Heck yeah!

Scott-a-bot mentioned getting him on at one point and I have been holding out since. Can't Won't wait to listen.

• Like 2

Larry!

If only he had the courage to say to his first boss, "please, call me Garry!"

Another fantastic lineup for CBB. I hope Shelly Driftwood has some more amazing stories to share.

• Like 1

What's this hubbub about Harris and twitter?

Jim was a really great guest, it's always a great episode when you hear Scott wheezing in the background.

What's this hubbub about Harris and twitter?

This episode was recorded a while back, as Scott referenced Amy being on the show recently (her last appearance was in September) and the Comedy Bang Bang Weather Report was "Very Hot". Given that timing, this was probably the hubbub in question.

• Like 3

Shelly: I do have a regret that I didn't take the job offer to be one of the Mutant Ninja Turtles. When I was a teenager, my father totally had the hook-up.

Scott: Wait, to be one of the voices, or to be one of the people—

Shelly: In the suit.

Jim: In the suit! Oh my god, like a Raphael or—

Scott: D'Angelo?

• Like 6

In the 80's, after Marley and Me, right around when Velvet Revolver was playing their first show,

• Like 3

Man, I was praying that Shelly would tell us about how Brandon Lee was killed because the on-set animal handlers thought he was an actual crow and shot him to death.

• Like 5

I've noticed a pattern of beastilaity and animal killings in Earwolf podcasts. It:s been delightful.

• Like 2

Shelly: I do have a regret that I didn't take the job offer to be one of the Mutant Ninja Turtles. When I was a teenager, my father totally had the hook-up.

Scott: Wait, to be one of the voices, or to be one of the people—

Shelly: In the suit.

Jim: In the suit! Oh my god, like a Raphael or—

Scott: D'Angelo?

YESSSSSSS another classic Aukerman quiet throwaway joke

I was worried no one else heard it

• Like 3

Nothing makes me laugh more than the batshit crazy things that come out of Horatio's mouth. He's definitely one of my favorite regulars.

Also, Jim O'Heir was great! He really fit in well with this crazy thing. Hope to hear him again!

• Like 2

I was wondering if they would ever address Harris' twitter flubs on CBB. He really needs to learn to not talk about topics he's not educated on because he's already kinda Azealia Banksed himself. ~The internet never forgets.~

Anyway, Jim O'Heir was a great guest and Horatio Sanz was hilarious as always. You guys need to get Retta soon!

My only unfulfilled dream of this episode was that Jim did not pick up on the fun in really pinning Shelly down to name locations of things then ask for directions on how to get there. Scott initially held Shelly's feet to the fire, but held off afterward, more casually asking the locations and directions of things.

But HOLY MOLY, the discussion of the old Hollywood practice of killing animal actors after filming wraps was next level. Heston on the set of Planet of the Apes? Forget about it.

• Like 1

This episode was recorded a while back, as Scott referenced Amy being on the show recently (her last appearance was in September) and the Comedy Bang Bang Weather Report was "Very Hot". Given that timing, this was probably the hubbub in question.

I am a big Harris Wittels fan, but wow. That was NOT his finest moment, to say the least.

The writer WAS a creep though in how she initially dumped on him.

• Like 1

Anyone else lose their shit when Shelly talked about Brett Butler being on Flight 93? Thought that was the fucking funniest.

• Like 4

I am a big Harris Wittels fan, but wow. That was NOT his finest moment, to say the least.

The writer WAS a creep though in how she initially dumped on him.

He didn't handle it with a lot of grace, but I can't see any real harm in that aside from the fact that it detracted from the point of the rant in the first place.

"Entertainment news is neither entertainment nor news."

Jim needs to be a regular guest. Amazing interplay with Sanz.

I had to rewind the "Where'd the money shot go ?" and "Byyye!!" parts so many times.

• Like 4

YESSSSSSS another classic Aukerman quiet throwaway joke

I was worried no one else heard it

I thought he just made a mistake and meant to say Michelangelo.

D'Angelo is an R&B singer, does he look like a turtle?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this