🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 004 — The Travel Bug with August Lindt

Hurts to make, hurts to keep, I'm-a gonna die soon. :(

• Like 5

Hurts to make, hurts to keep, I'm-a gonna die soon. :(

That line takes on new meaning now. RIP Giger.

• Like 1

This is literally the 4th time I have listened to this episode. The amount of talent in this podcast was incredible. So many Germans. Herzog's two thumbs down to the world, very accurate.

• Like 1

I am a rabid fan of the artwork of H.R. Giger, a random Google search brought me to the Superego stuff a year or so ago. A friend recommended this Andy Daly pil..... pod....... of this episode, and wow.

This is maybe the funniest 90 minutes I've ever had to deal with in my life. No kidding. The first time I listened to this was my morning commute on the 405 S, and I swear I nearly caused half a dozen accidents because I was laughing so much.

Moar, please.

• Like 2

This is still a favorite of mine. I must have heard it 8 times now.

i came back to this thread to see if i was the only one.

i've shown this to multiple friends, and i still listen to it on my own once every week or 2. it's the pinnacle of comedy podcasting, in my opinion.

• Like 4

A big "me too" - I split my 6 favorite ADPPP episodes into 20 minute segments & play on shuffle. This and the Dalton Wilcox are the ones I get most excited about. I also ripped Comedy Central's Review audio from youtube when they were free so I have many hours of Andy Daly with me at all times.

• Like 2

I have been trying to take a sip of coffee for 15 minutes

and every time I get a sip I have to spit it out

damn this funny pilject podot protcast

• Like 2

Re-listening to it again. Possibly my favourite episode - and that's impressive given how good the others are!

• Like 3

I've listened to this about 20 times and I have to say it's my favourite audio ever. Everybody in this ep was outstanding. Massive thank you to Andy, Matt and everybody involved in this.

• Like 5

I've listened to this about 20 times and I have to say it's my favourite audio ever. Everybody in this ep was outstanding. Massive thank you to Andy, Matt and everybody involved in this.

same here, I've listened to it so many times and it never gets less funny

• Like 1

Same here. The most prized file that sits on my iPhone. I've lost count of the number times I've listened to it - probably an average of every 2 weeks since it came out. I'm getting close to memorizing the whole thing. And - here's the thing - I smile and laugh all the way through everytime. A miracle.

I forget who said it this thread but, I agree, this episode deserves a Pulitzer. It seems crazy to say something like that but it's no hyperbole - this thing deserves to be known outside of the world of podcasting. It is the greatest hour(s) of entertainment, of any form, I've heard in many years.

• Like 3

Just to add my voice to the chorus: this really is peerless podcasting, my favourite episode out of insanely strong contenders. Bravo to all involved.

• Like 1

So many great bits on this one. Black Whale movie, KevinSutra, saying the N-word in Grizzly Man--and the line I keep coming back to in my mind that should be on some merch...Plastic Rules, Nature Drools. This one is up there with Wilcox and Demillo eps. Well done, gang.

• Like 3

Ok, I came here because once again, I am working at my desk, and in the mood to listen to a podcast that doesn't have anything to do with the NFL injury report or Ray Rice throwing a left cross at his then fiance, now wife.

I was looking to listen to something entertaining. Something refreshingly original, and funny as hell.

As far as this forum, for me I haven't been on here in some time. It's been since shortly after the final podcast aired, but when I left, I just always felt like it was inevitable that this show would return.

If you're here reading this, like I just finished reading all of your posts, then a few things are probably true about you.

#1 you love listening to podcasts.

#2 you love comedy, more specifically the free form improv that Andy and all the decendents of UCB bring to the table.

#3 you miss this show.

Goddamn Andy, we need you back. This was magic. I never listen to ANYTHING more than once or maybe twice. I have listened to each of these several times, and Travel Bug the most. It is so cool to come here and read that I am not alone in feeling that this is superior comedy. Maybe they feel like they won't be able to catch litghtning in a bottle a second time, but I disagree, the outline is there for a show that would last a long time, you don't even need to expand the characters, or develop anything new(I know that geniouses like Andy Daly, Matt Gourley, Matt Besser and Paul Thompkins would never rest, and maybe this is another reason there's no new ones). Just roll out these characters and come up with new destinations the characters have traveled to, or a new workout routine for Bill Carter to teach, or a new Wit and Wisdom novella by Dalton, I am actually giggling thinking about the possibilities.

Lol hopefully I have tried to capture my emotion on this topic. We need more ADPPP ASAP!!!

And lastly:

Shveidelmäter hiedahn zeide, etsch van euille, Duellman pretzel reclaims your mouth.

"New Poppa gives us Rock Salt!"

• Like 3

I never listen to ANYTHING more than once or maybe twice. I have listened to each of these several times, and Travel Bug the most. Truer words never said. This was a weirdly amazing thing.

I teach grade 1/2 and we were doing quilt designs... I couldn't help but think of little Kevin.

"And... how... he... fucks... her."

"New quilt! New quilt!"

• Like 4

The Grizzly Man discussion here is the greatest segment of anything ever IMO. From the Vatican listening to the recordings to see if they could hear anything, the possibility of the N-word being used and then the immediate pouncing on Black Bears.

Serial is the podcast of the year for people who haven't listened to ADPPP.

• Like 3

Serial is the podcast of the year for people who haven't listened to ADPPP.

Ah! Very well put.

The Grizzly Man. low t. good tips for cooking a boy. the talking trashcan. Kevin spoke. gunther, bless your heart. oh, man. in tears just remembering.

Can we nominate a podcast for the Grammie's? Seriously - ADPPP beats anything out there hands down.

This is just one of the funniest things I have ever heard and I have listened to it so many times - it just getter. Thanks to everyone involved, this is one of the best comedy podcast episodes I've ever heard.

• Like 1

This is just one of the funniest things I have ever heard and I have listened to it so many times - it just getter. Thanks to everyone involved, this is one of the best comedy podcast episodes I've ever heard.

is getter a portmanteau of gets better?

• Like 2