🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Smigg

Theories on movie universes that could overlap

I saw this article on Cracked, about movies and TV series that overlap in weird ways.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19323_6-movie-tv-universes-that-overlap-in-mind-blowing-ways.html

So, I thought it would be pretty cool to put forward our theories as to which other movies could overlap.

I have a theory that "Spice World" is actually a prequel to the Crank movies, If you listen to the "Spice World" episode, there was an implication that Geri Halliwell banged one of the aliens that visited earth. In Crank 2 we see a young Chev Chelios on a talk show, with his mother, Geri Halliwell, and Young Chev also reveals that he never met his father, that being the Alien that Geri banged in Spice World.

Being an Alien baby would explain his amazing physical resilience, having survived a dose of fatal Chinese poison, falling out of a hellcopter, having his heart removed, massive elecrical shock, and incineration.

However, another surprising overlap, Wedding Crashers. Where a "Mr. Kroeger" (Dwight Yoakam) is going through divoce proceedings. Doc Miles in Crank never revealed his full name, he was also struck off for "Botching his ex-wife's vaginal rejuvination in his basement", which would mean he would be back to being "Mister", and was known for visiting whores while he was married.

So, Spice World, Crank and Wedding Crashers are all part of the same universe... I really have too much time on my hands right now. :D

Someday, I'd like for someone to be listening to the radio or something in a movie when seemingly out of nowhere, a song starts up, and it's a cover of a popular tune that's being performed by a trio of singing rodents, to which no one gives it a second thought, because they're just the hottest act in the land, and there's no reason to find anything unusual about it. That's right, a movie universe where Alvin and the Chipmunks are real, and I'd prefer that it be in a Michael Mann police drama or heist film. It's just a part of the world.

• Like 1

Someday, I'd like for someone to be listening to the radio or something in a movie when seemingly out of nowhere, a song starts up, and it's a cover of a popular tune that's being performed by a trio of singing rodents, to which no one gives it a second thought, because they're just the hottest act in the land, and there's no reason to find anything unusual about it. That's right, a movie universe where Alvin and the Chipmunks are real, and I'd prefer that it be in a Michael Mann police drama or heist film. It's just a part of the world.

Well, Paulie from the Rocky series seemed to be a fan of them in Rocky 4. So it can happen.

Well, Paulie from the Rocky series seemed to be a fan of them in Rocky 4. So it can happen.

I'd argue that Rocky IV is even MORE of a cartoon than anything the Chipmunks ever popped up in.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, it's complete ridiculous. Funnily enough, if you actually look at the movie from Drago's perspective, it's actually a really sad story.

- Guy is an excellent amateur boxer, but isn't able to join the Professional ranks because he is from the Soviet Union

- When he's finally allowed to join the professional ranks, he's IMMEDIATELY challenged by a long time former champion, a fight a guy making his debut should NEVER be taking.

- His camp accepts the fight on his behalf

- Time for the press conference, the former champion starts insulting him, and making fun of him.

- Drago's bitch of a wife and asshole manager start talking for him, making shit worse.

- Time for the fight, they don't even give him the dignity of his own entrance, instead, they just have him waiting under the floor, already in the ring. Not only that, the former champion gets an elaborate entrance, dancing with James Brown, generally fucking around, clearly not taking his opponent seriously.

- The fight happens, and the former champion looks to embarrass him by mocking him in the ring

- Drago wins the fight, but kills his opponent, something which happens five times a year on average.

- Tired, and a little freaked out, he's mobbed by journalists, asking him questions. With no translator, he fumbles through a post fight interview in a language he doesn't speak, and says something inflammatory, which villifies him even more.

- So, the current champion then challenges him to a fight, in his SECOND professional bout, which should never happen. But, he doesn't get his rightful shot at the title which he got by destroying the former champion. To make matters worse, it;s on Christmas day, which fucks up his holidays with his family.

- The Multi-Millionaire Champion comes into Russia, and instead of putting together a real fight camp, where he'll spar with guys, work out in the gym and other such things, he piss arses about in the snow with only one trainer, no cut man. Which shows he's not taking the guy seriously, which is disrespectful.

- The fight happens, and he's obviously given an amazing response from the people. But then, they start cheering for the other guy, this is a guy who is fighting FOR these people, is fighting the champion in his SECOND Professional bout, and he's being denied his title shot.

- Not only do the people turn against him, his own government turn against him, as do his trainers, and even his wife.

- After putting up a valiant effort, he loses to the champion, after knocking him down about 15 times, an amazing performance for a guy in his SECOND professional bout, and people are happy that he's lost.

AND PEOPLE THINK DRAGO IS THE BAD GUY IN ROCKY IV?!

• Like 3

Some de-evolution guns from SUPER MARIO BROS found their way into our world and turned a few people into disgruntled apes. A couple of years later these apes have now become a large group, living in the CONGO. The diamonds from this jungle are mined by the company that Nicolas Cage works for in TRESPASS. Cam Gigantet, some years prior to the Trespass, escaped from the same mental hospital that Justin Bartha was kidnapped from in GIGLI. The thumb Gigli cuts off in the morgue belongs to THE ROOM's recently deceased Tommy Wiseau. Tommy Wiseau is really a gigantic mechanical, partially melted, action man figure that escaped from Robin Williams' TOYS factory during the battle in the factory. The market for old-timey mechanical toys finally dries up in the late 90's and Robin Williams is also involved in a sex scandal with a realistic lady robot. As a result Robin Williams gives up his dreams and channels his business acumen into sports marketing with John Travolta in OLD DOGS (this movie also contains a gorilla, the offspring of a de-evolved human). The jet pack from the end of the movie is the same one that carried Arnold Schwarzenegger in JINGLE ALL THE WAY. Jim Belushi's counterfeit toy operation also made Silver Shamrock Halloween masks from HALLOWEEN 3. Cochran (who, incidentally, helped develop realistic robots with Robin Williams' dad) is in fact a male witch and a second cousin of the LEPRECHAUN.

Okay, I'm exhausted from finding links. Anyone feel free to pick it up from here.

• Like 2

Some de-evolution guns from SUPER MARIO BROS found their way into our world and turned a few people into disgruntled apes. A couple of years later these apes have now become a large group, living in the CONGO. The diamonds from this jungle are mined by the company that Nicolas Cage works for in TRESPASS. Cam Gigantet, some years prior to the Trespass, escaped from the same mental hospital that Justin Bartha was kidnapped from in GIGLI. The thumb Gigli cuts off in the morgue belongs to THE ROOM's recently deceased Tommy Wiseau. Tommy Wiseau is really a gigantic mechanical, partially melted, action man figure that escaped from Robin Williams' TOYS factory during the battle in the factory. The market for old-timey mechanical toys finally dries up in the late 90's and Robin Williams is also involved in a sex scandal with a realistic lady robot. As a result Robin Williams gives up his dreams and channels his business acumen into sports marketing with John Travolta in OLD DOGS (this movie also contains a gorilla, the offspring of a de-evolved human). The jet pack from the end of the movie is the same one that carried Arnold Schwarzenegger in JINGLE ALL THE WAY. Jim Belushi's counterfeit toy operation also made Silver Shamrock Halloween masks from HALLOWEEN 3. Cochran (who, incidentally, helped develop realistic robots with Robin Williams' dad) is in fact a male witch and a second cousin of the LEPRECHAUN.

Okay, I'm exhausted from finding links. Anyone feel free to pick it up from here.

And "Leprechaun" starred Jennifer Aniston, who co-starred in "Picture Perfect" with KEVIN BACON!

*runs around the room giving high fives*

• Like 1

And "Leprechaun" starred Jennifer Aniston, who co-starred in "Picture Perfect" with KEVIN BACON!

*runs around the room giving high fives*

And Kevin Bacon was just in RIPD, so he was dead all along!!

But he wasn't seen by the kid in The Sixth Sense, which is why the audience didn't see him either, which means he was Hollowman!

Which means that Kevin Bacon is in EVERY movie that ever existed, because the ones you don't see him in, he's just Hollow Man

- So, the current champion then challenges him to a fight, in his SECOND professional bout, which should never happen. But, he doesn't get his rightful shot at the title which he got by destroying the former champion. To make matters worse, it;s on Christmas day, which fucks up his holidays with his family.

Sorry to screw this up for you, but Russian Christmas is Jan 7th (blame the Julian–Gregorian calendar difference)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_in_Russia

• Like 1

Sorry to screw this up for you, but Russian Christmas is Jan 7th (blame the Julian–Gregorian calendar difference)

http://en.wikipedia....stmas_in_Russia

Shit, okay, the champion didn't care, he just thought "I'll whoop this motherfucker's ass on Christmas!", completely ignoring his child on christmas, seemingly leaving him alone in the house with a robot.

Shit, okay, the champion didn't care, he just thought "I'll whoop this motherfucker's ass on Christmas!", completely ignoring his child on christmas, seemingly leaving him alone in the house with a robot.

The robot was the better parent

• Like 1

The robot was the better parent

I'm starting to think that, in Rocky V, he just ignores his kid and spends all his time training some stranger from Oklahoma, even kicks him out of his room. No wonder he aged so fast.

I saw this article on Cracked, about movies and TV series that overlap in weird ways.

http://www.cracked.c...owing-ways.html

So, I thought it would be pretty cool to put forward our theories as to which other movies could overlap.

I have a theory that "Spice World" is actually a prequel to the Crank movies, If you listen to the "Spice World" episode, there was an implication that Geri Halliwell banged one of the aliens that visited earth. In Crank 2 we see a young Chev Chelios on a talk show, with his mother, Geri Halliwell, and Young Chev also reveals that he never met his father, that being the Alien that Geri banged in Spice World.

Being an Alien baby would explain his amazing physical resilience, having survived a dose of fatal Chinese poison, falling out of a hellcopter, having his heart removed, massive elecrical shock, and incineration.

However, another surprising overlap, Wedding Crashers. Where a "Mr. Kroeger" (Dwight Yoakam) is going through divoce proceedings. Doc Miles in Crank never revealed his full name, he was also struck off for "Botching his ex-wife's vaginal rejuvination in his basement", which would mean he would be back to being "Mister", and was known for visiting whores while he was married.

So, Spice World, Crank and Wedding Crashers are all part of the same universe... I really have too much time on my hands right now. :D

This is sort of like my conspiracy theory that Demolition man was the prequel to Judge Dredd:

Holy shit I just thought of something that would be a crazier theory than Bullock being Sly's daughter. Now that the leader of San Angeles is dead and Spartan is basically the de facto leader of the city, people don't know how to handle their new society with the underground community joining them. Things seem to get stabilized at first with both groups finding a middle ground, but something like that doesn't last for long. Eventually war breaks out leading to a new nuclear arms race which culminates in most life on Earth being decimated and the remaining survivors creating giant Mega Cities to live in under the watchful eyes of Judges.

The Chief Justices, needing the perfect Judges, create test tube clones using DNA of the best Judges they ever had, the original survivors, including John Spartan and Edgar Friendly. Judge Dredd gets the bulk of his identity from the law abiding, but deadly Spartan while Rico gets most of his from the revolutionary Friendly. The eventual happens where Rico goes crazy fighting against the law and is sent to Aspen, where because of a deal set up with corrupt Chief Judge Griffin, he gets a specialized cell rather than what is used for criminals of his caliber, the cryo-tubes which are kept cold using the natural environment of Aspen. Rico escapes and Judge Dredd the film plays out even including Rob Schnieder's distant offspring who took to a life of crime after his ancestor's didn't know how to handle a not so "joy-joy" life.

So in the end, Dredd is a clone/relative of John Spartan, which explains why both movies are eerily similar to one another.

• Like 1

How about we cross universes like this: Matthew McConaughey stars in a new HBO spinoff series called 'True Blood Detective' where he plays a crime-solving witch named "Magic Mike."

How about we cross universes like this: Matthew McConaughey stars in a new HBO spinoff series called 'True Blood Detective' where he plays a crime-solving witch named "Magic Mike."

And guess where his wand is...

in his pants!

When he cried out "Expecto Patronum," he ejaculates a Patronus of himself in ten years.

HAHA, remember the Oscars, you guys?!?!

I have another connection theory for the Chev Chelios continuum. While we can agree that Ginger Spice was mouth impregnated by the alien which led to Chev being born for the Crank movies, he also seems to have powers beyond what one may get from being part alien, namely how he is the only or one of the only remaining kind of his being, as depicted with Jet Li in The One. Think about it, his character from that movie, seeing how powerful Jet Li got by killing the other versions of himself, does the same thing to get more powerful. Now with there being fewer left in the parallel universes, Chev can withstand more punishment and usually life-ending injuries.

Sign in to follow this