🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 274 — Oh, Golly!

We need to set up the rosters for both sides.

Team Daly Evil

-Don DiMelo

-Golly

-Chip Gartner

-Cactus Tony

Team Daly Good

-Dalton Wilcox

-Bill Carter (trainingstarsseeingstars.org)

-Hot Dog

Team Daly Neutral

-August Lindt

-Patrick McMahon

-Middle 8 Break guy?

HOLY SHIT I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!!!!

I HOPE THEY REALLY FUCKING CONTINUE IT!!!!

Do you guys think it might all BE A TIE IN TO THE ANDY DALY PODCAST PLOT PROJECT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

If you're going to separate Andy Daly characs into good and evil, I'm pretty sure that Bill Carter would be one of the bad guys. Maybe he's a mole. Poor put-upon August Lindt is an agent of good.

And I'd kinda like to think that Don Demillo is a mole as well. He's a secret agent for good.

(To be honest, I hope all this stuff is non-canon and won't spill over into the Podcast Pilot Project season 2. Don Demillo is a great charac on his own and making him an agent of hell muddies up his charac a bit.)

• Like 2

I hate to be that guy but this episode really upset me. We got a good idea of when they started recording the podcast (Hollywood Afternoons), but Scott didn't mention ANYTHING ABOUT THE WEATHER!!! How am I supposed to enjoy a show when I don't know what the weather is like on the particular day it was recorded? Hopefully we'll get a Thursday show that CLEARLY STATES WHAT THE WEATHER IS LIKE, to rectify the situation.

• Like 3

We need to set up the rosters for both sides.

Team Daly Evil

-Don DiMelo

-Golly

-Chip Gartner

-Cactus Tony

Team Daly Good

-Dalton Wilcox

-Hot Dog

Team Daly Neutral

-August Lindt

-Patrick McMahon

-Middle 8 Break guy?

Dalton Wilcox has murdered quite a few people for suspicion of being a gawd damn city slickin' vampire. Wouldn't really call him good. Also the insane nurse (from the first gilly episode) should be on team evil. Pretty sure he killed those patients too.

• Like 1

I hate to be that guy but this episode really upset me. We got a good idea of when they started recording the podcast (Hollywood Afternoons), but Scott didn't mention ANYTHING ABOUT THE WEATHER!!! How am I supposed to enjoy a show when I don't know what the weather is like on the particular day it was recorded? Hopefully we'll get a Thursday show that CLEARLY STATES WHAT THE WEATHER IS LIKE, to rectify the situation.

I think the weather wasn't talked about in the beginning because Scott didn't look out the window at the start of the show.

But at the end it became clear that the weather was NOT good, i believe it was pitch black with a lot of lava in the air.

• Like 3

Dalton Wilcox has murdered quite a few people for suspicion of being a gawd damn city slickin' vampire. Wouldn't really call him good. Also the insane nurse (from the first gilly episode) should be on team evil. Pretty sure he killed those patients too.

It's as if they're making this stuff up as they go along.

• Like 2

who was the children's entertainer that Zouks was talking about? Is he imagining fucked up Daly characters now?

We need to set up the rosters for both sides. (Revised)

Team Daly Evil

-Don DiMelo

-Golly

-Chip Gartner

-Cactus Tony

-Jack Fitzgerald*

-Andi Callahan* (Registered Nurse)

Team Daly Good

-Dalton Wilcox

-Hot Dog

-Danny Mahoney*

-Ben Alterman*

-Byron Denniston* (Royal Watcher)

-Shooter* (LA-centric Comedian)

-Patrick McMahon

Team Daly Neutral

-August Lindt

-U2's Clive Dundee (Middle 8 Break guy, I hope he appears on U Talking U2 To Me)*

It's kind of hard to make a case for any of them being on Team Good.

I agree Anti-Evil is probably more accurate.

(That's all of them now I believe, I missed one out because I forgot to count Gil/Golly when I counted.)

• Like 1

It's kind of hard to make a case for any of them being on Team Good.

Oh I'm not making a case for them being good. I guess it's more that they are team "anti-evil" as laid out in the last 10 mins of this episode.

• Like 1

who was the children's entertainer that Zouks was talking about? Is he imagining fucked up Daly characters now?

That would be Danny Mahoney from "Life of the Party, Inc." (1-800-COME-ON-NOW)! Can't believe neither Scott nor Andy picked up, besides the convoluted description—I was practically screaming at my laptop... I mean ok, it's ep. 14 back in 2009 but he was a guest in CBB TV season 1! I'm pretty sure he's in team hell though...

Anyway, what I wanted to say is, when "to be continued" came up I crapped my pants. Can. Not. Wait.

• Like 1

Pam, give me a summation on how fucking amazing this episode was!

tumblr_lls5fsESx61qi7deco1_250.gif

Oh my fucking hell, that was incredible! Andy Daly...Zouks... forerunner for best CBB of 2014 so far!

you could make the case for team good though by saying that in his mind he's not killing people he's slaying vampires and mummies

• Like 1

I love Andy accidentally slipping into The Irish Limericks character throughout the episode.

Just suddenly realized that if team Good (or anti-evil or Andy-Evil) has Dalton Wilcox and Hot Dog, it should also have Patrick McMahon. Cowboy poetry, 50s music, and Irish folktales/limericks sound about right as the trifecta against team Daly-Evil.

Also what if Dalton Wilcox has been telling the truth the entire time and all the "people" he killed really were vampires/Frankinsteins/mummies/etc. Suddenly we have our hero.

Revised Lineups

Team Daly-Evil (Daily Evil)

-Don DiMelo (Commander of Golly)

-Golly (Commander of Chip Gartner)

-Chip Gartner (Satan reborn)

-Cactus Tony

-Jack Fitzgerald*

-Andi Callahan* (Registered Nurse)

Team Andy-Evil (Anti-Evil)

-Dalton Wilcox (Cowboy Poet / Monster Hunter)

-Bill Carter (trainingstarsseeingstars.org / Wizard)

-Hot Dog (Sha na na hopeful)

-Patrick McMahon (Irish folkstoryteller / limerick crafter

-Danny Mahoney*

-Byron Denniston* (Royal Watcher)

-Shooter* (LA-centric Comedian)

Team Daly Neutral

-August Lindt (Prezel Maker)

-Middle 8 Break guy? (U2's Clive Dundee hope he appears on U Talking U2 To Me)*

• Like 1

"I DON'T THINK YOU'RE GOOD AT THIS!"

It's a fact: Jason Mantzoukas has one of the best yelling voices in comedy!

• Like 2

I literally can't believe my ears. This was a CBB fan's dream. To be continued?? WHAT?

AND YET! I am ever saddened by the fact that Andi Callahan, RN is always forgotten. And apparently Ben Alterman. Never may we forgot The Widow Feeney!

Jason was thinking of Ben Alterman who made an appearance on episode 46 trying out a comedy routine he was planning to perform at his grand-daughter's sweet 16 birthday party. Here's his appearance on 9 sweaters!

• Like 1

Man, episodes like this and Time Bobby 2 where you try to do a big thing... I don't like it. I did not care for it

Hey guys, Dalton Wilcox wrote a poem that he wants to share with us!

As I was viewing the web on a lonely prairie night

I came to a message on the Earwolf website

The author's name name was DEATHMAN, all in caps

His words, they sent a chill down to my bootstraps

"Man, episodes like this and Time Bobby 2," he did growl

His tone, it did surprise me, it was a voice so foul

My blood curdling, the monster I did seek

as "where you try to do a big thing" he did speak

"I don't like it," he continued with glee

Making his vampire nature clear for all to see

"I did not care for it," the monster said to us

I knew that I must kill this demon, and with little fuss

My six gun I did draw, and pointed at his head

"Go join Don Dimello" I screamed, and shot the vampire dead.

EDIT: Just to make things extra clear, I'm not trying to antagonize anybody. I have nothing against DEATHMAN or his criticism. I just thought the setup was too perfect to pass up.

• Like 7

Also what if Dalton Wilcox has been telling the truth the entire time and all the "people" he killed really were vampires/Frankinsteins/mummies/etc. Suddenly we have our hero.

Exactly.

Dalton Wilcox's cowboy hat allows him to see evil much like the glasses from They Live. As crazy as it seems to normal people Dalton REALLY HAS been killing forces of evil this entire time.

Bill Carter uses extreme training methods (as heard in his pilot podcast) to simulate the conditions one would expect when battling the forces of evil. He's weeding out the weaklings in his attempt to assemble an army to ward off the evil forces.

It's all shaping up now.

I love that there is a progression in the story behind these Andy Daly characters. They all had the potential of fizzling out into one-note jokes, but thanks to Mantzoukas, I think this whole idea of good vs. evil could easily open it up for more Daly characters on CBB as well as a 2nd round of Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Projects. Maybe even a scripted podcast where Andy does several characters together.

You can always tell an episode is going to be good/insane when Scott does the plugs on a commercial break.

• Like 1

Jason Mantzoukas is my favourite co-tourguide though the Daly Cosmos.

Sorry (Gilly!).

• Like 1

I'm a fan of the D&D alignment chart. How would Daly's characters fit into that? Personally, I would have to think about it some more before I assign them, but here's a template for others:

Lawful Good:

Neutral Good:

Chaotic Good:

Lawful Neutral:

True Neutral:

Chaotic Neutral:

Lawful Evil:

Neutral Evil:

Chaotic Evil: