🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 274 — Oh, Golly!

I think this whole idea of good vs. evil could easily open it up for more Daly characters on CBB as well as a 2nd round of Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Projects. Maybe even a scripted podcast where Andy does several characters together.

This felt like it could be a backdoor pilot for a second season of ADPPP, which would be like his own Great Undiscovered Project.

Was anyone else eagerly anticipating an exchange of "Gollyyy..." "Sorry."

Crossover. Event. Of. The. Decade.

(And I'm guessing about as much canonical stickiness as is usual for crossover events...)

This felt like it could be a backdoor pilot for a second season of ADPPP, which would be like his own Great Undiscovered Project.

Was anyone else eagerly anticipating an exchange of "Gollyyy..." "Sorry."

i was, especially since the other characters name was Gil, it seemed like twice as much chance for that joke

I am astounded how relatively well all this nonsense fits together. Like, they are just riffing this stuff on the spot and they managed to connect everything. Amazing.

I can't imagine how a non CBB super fan listening to this would even begin to comprehend any of this.

• Like 1

I would just like to point out that, at times, this podcast is fairly silly.

Love It.

A genuine two parter?! This ain't no Time Bobby 2. This ain't no Farts and Procreation 3. THIS IS A GENUINE TWO PARTER!

A genuine two parter?! This ain't no Time Bobby 2. This ain't no Farts and Procreation 3. THIS IS A GENUINE TWO PARTER!

Well, there is precedent in the Cake Boss/Andy Richter episode.

• Like 1

Up until 5 minutes ago I was convinced I would go insane unless someone assured me that this episode was non-canonical. But I'm with you guys. Bring it on.

I loved this episode. It probably wasn't too accessible to the casual CBB fan, but I was really enjoying all the callbacks to the previous episodes with this pairing and weaving in new bits but somehow keeping it all coherent.

It illustrates just how much and how varied the characters (from one person) on this show can get and grow over time. It grows so vast, as if it were possible if Ice T, John C Reilly, Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Weber, and Cake-boss tried to do some sort of movie project together.

Please keep this stuff up guys, the energy and storytelling just continues to be fun and why I keep listening every week.

• Like 1

I think Aimee Mann could bring to table whatever Hot Dog could but better and faster.

Well, there is precedent in the Cake Boss/Andy Richter episode.

And the infamous Bob Odenkirk/Bret Gelman two-parter.

Maybe my favorite Mantzoukas quote yet (the fact that it's really a Bill Paxton quote just makes it all the better):

post-19549-0-03117100-1393928336_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Holy shit, this episode was so meta.

The callbacks were insane on this one.

2014 has already been an amazing year for the podcast!

• Like 2

I'm shaking and overcome with podcast lust. This could be a podcast instructing me on how to collect my millions and I would be no happier.

I freaking knew it! Don Dimelo is the Yellow King!

It all makes sense....

• Like 3

I freaking knew it! Don Dimelo is the Yellow King!

It all makes sense....

"Carcosa" = International Waters

• Like 1

"Carcosa" = International Waters

or Arclight Theatres or Pasadena Children's Playhouse....

Why do you think Don has 15 girls trapped in a tower playing Rapunzel? Murder Club!

Is this Don?

1390255976573.png

• Like 1

I mean this as no hyperbole but Jason Mantzoukas, Scott Aukerman and Andy Daly might be the funniest "group" in comedy right now.

• Like 3

I mean this as no hyperbole but Jason Mantzoukas, Scott Aukerman and Andy Daly might be the funniest "group" in comedy right now.

Scott Aukerman, PFT and Gillian Jacobs give them a run for their money IMO.

• Like 1

Scott Aukerman, PFT and Gillian Jacobs give them a run for their money IMO.

Scotty Aux, Benny Schwaz, and Werner Herz is a pretty great trio too

• Like 1

Maybe I'm being too generous but Cactus Tony really didn't seem like that bad of guy. Sure he did terrible things, but he had a real nice way about him. He's just susceptible to bad influences and makes poor decisions while under the sway of crippling amphetamine addiction.

Did anyone else imagine the theme from The Magificent Seven when Dalton Wilcox entered the room? I guess all of those vampires, werewolves, and creatures from the black lagoon were in fact spawn of satan and not murders.

-Middle 8 Break guy?

I love how Andy couldn't even remember this one last time. His name was Clive Dundee by the way.

This episode was insanely good. Can't wait for the resolution. Hoping it's Thursday!

We need to set up the rosters for both sides.

Team Daly Evil

-Don DiMelo

-Golly

-Chip Gartner

-Cactus Tony

Team Daly Good

-Dalton Wilcox

-Bill Carter (trainingstarsseeingstars.org)

-Hot Dog

Team Daly Neutral

-August Lindt

-Patrick McMahon

-Middle 8 Break guy?

Doesn't Cactus Tony have a vendetta against Dimelo?