🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 2 — The Unforgettable Fire

"This instrumental is great but we don't have time for it-" After 1hr,14min of talking about everything except the album. I get the impression the photo of Adam and Scott looking tired and haggard reveals they've committed to a podcast they don't want to do anymore...

"This instrumental is great but we don't have time for it-" After 1hr,14min of talking about everything except the album. I get the impression the photo of Adam and Scott looking tired and haggard reveals they've committed to a podcast they don't want to do anymore...

Really? They sound like they're having an absolute blast and didn't want to stop recording.

• Like 4

Too bad they ran out of time, and didn't get to mention the historical flaw in Pride (In the name of love). MLK Jr was assassinated in the early evening and not the early morning.

Maybe they'll cover it in the next episode. ;)

• Like 1

They also skipped over 'Two Hearts Beat As One' entirely, didn't they? IMO that's the best U2 song.

It's funny that the Scotts almost FORGOT to talk about the album itself. (Sorry)

Gilly?

• Like 2

They also skipped over 'Two Hearts Beat As One' entirely, didn't they? IMO that's the best U2 song.

That's on War.

They mentioned it on the last episode when they recapped War but skipped it figuring everyone knew that song.

ohhhh yeeeesssss!!!!!!!!!! EPISODE 2 IS OUT ALREADY?!?!?!? I'M SO HAPPY I COULD CRY.....

Okay let's face it I am crying I"M SOOO HA--A-A-PP--P-P-PYYYY.......

I laughed so hard I couldn't actually breathe at the end part where A. Scott was needling Scott A. about requesting U2 t-shirts.

• Like 5

I laughed so hard I couldn't actually breathe at the end part where A. Scott was needling Scott A. about requesting U2 t-shirts.

Some of the most giddy, uncontrollable laughing I've done in a long time.

Some of the most giddy, uncontrollable laughing I've done in a long time.

That's what I've been really loving about this podcast so far, just how funny dumb bits are. That bit and ACHTUNG baby! have been some the hardest times I've laughed in recent memory.

I literally squealed when I heard Harris's voice. I am so excited for next week's episode.

But it did also make me sad about not having a new Analyze Phish.

I really hope Bono gives those two U2 t-shirts to you two, and hopefully he'll come on the show and talk U2 to you two too.

I couldn't stop picturing a U2 fan listening and thinking "What the fuck is going on?" during that bit. Well through most of it really.

• Like 2

Too bad they ran out of time, and didn't get to mention the historical flaw in Pride (In the name of love). MLK Jr was assassinated in the early evening and not the early morning.

Maybe they'll cover it in the next episode. ;)

understandable, they probably got the announcement in dublin time instead of memphis time

• Like 1

are we going to see the 5th member of U2, Clive Dundee (Andy Daly) on the podcast?

Also I'm just here to say that this is my favorite podcast of all time. i am serious i love it

thank, thank.

• Like 1

U-Talkin-U2-to-Me-02-low.jpg

Signed in just to upvote this poster. Graph paper? A perfect show summary description?? The Scotts inside a Venn diagram??? A table of contents???? A nice circle featuring this episode's next week's guest Harris Wittels?????

This thing is GOLD. BravO!

(Seriously, this thing is great. "Earwolf's premiere U2 podcast for critical discussion of Live Aid, Scritti Politti, Prefab Sprout and the Pet Shop Boys." So good. SO good, you guys. I love it.)

EDIT: Oh! Matt E, I had not realized you've done this for both episodes so far. They're great!

Not a u2 fan, but what was this weeks intro track name?

"Boomerang I" it's a B-side of "Pride (In The Name Of Love)"

Sign in to follow this