🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 2 — The Unforgettable Fire

I'm bummed that there aren't more U2 fans commenting on this U2 podcast board

The whining and pleading on the Analyze Phish forum was amusing and at times irritating, but I feel like U2 just doesn't have that kind of fan base. Not that they don't have passionate listeners (as evidenced by this very podcast) but Phish is more of a lifestyle choice than anything else. That's why their followers feel the need to defend the music, it's an intrinsic part of their person.

U-Talkin-U2-to-Me-02-low.jpg

Now this is quality graphic design.

• Like 2

I just listened to that Boom Boom Bap song by Scritti Politti that Scott mentioned. Jesus. I'm with Kulap.

• Like 3

This episode was pure gold. I would not be surprised if the Sheriff of Nottingham broke into the Earwolf studio and stole it.

• Like 1

I love Kulap, but I can't get behind not liking the Pet Shop Boys. That is a crime punishable by...uhhh...well I think there's chanting involved and Kylie Minogue comes to your house and you have to wear lame' short shorts...it's rough, is what I'm saying.

agreed... I could see how an unassuming, non-Scritti Politti fan hearing Boom Boom Bap for the first time would definitely have a hard time keeping a straight face. that being said, I'm with Scott... Green Gartside has one of the most beautiful voices in pop music in my opinion. the album Songs to Remember is a great place to start if anyone wants to seriously approach listening to them... Lions After Slumber is probably my favorite song of theirs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgWN4OVw_ck

I can't believe after years of listening to Earwolf podcasts, I just joined the forums in order to defend Scritti Politti.

non scrippy polippy fan here, just listen to boom boom bap as my first song from him ever and i have to say people have weak constitution if they can't take that

it wasn't like, a phish song where every 5 seconds you get this impulse that just goes BAD... BAD.... BAD.... BAD.... BAD....

that lions after slumber is fine too. listening to sissy boy music was shocking like, 25 years ago maybe but then we saw that bronski beat video for the first time and were like, how can we live with this hate in our heart

I would rather listen to GG Allin on a continuos loop than listen to Boom Boom Bap. That shit was creepy as hell.

The whining and pleading on the Analyze Phish forum was amusing and at times irritating, but I feel like U2 just doesn't have that kind of fan base. Not that they don't have passionate listeners (as evidenced by this very podcast) but Phish is more of a lifestyle choice than anything else. That's why their followers feel the need to defend the music, it's an intrinsic part of their person.

True, but I don't want whining--I just want to talk about U2 with my Earwolf bros :(

In the vein of Talking Dead, Talking Bad, and of course, Comedy Talk Talk, I really think Chris Hardwick needs to make "Talkin' 'U Talkin' U2 To Me?'" a Podcast, where he talks about the guys who talk on 'U Talkin' U2 To Me?', too.

What were all of the U2 hating feels about when this podcast started?

There's extremely little actual U2 in the podcast what with all of the goofy stories, movie talk, money chat, etc.

Analyze Phish has WAY more Phish in it (ugh) than this has U2.

All the U2 fans are on the iTunes website giving this podcast 1 star and it's still averaging about 4 stars overall. I imagine they think this is some kind of troll job, but it's an amazing podcast in its own right

I can't even begin to describe what I felt when I heard Harris giggling in the background towards the end, other than sheer elation - and when he came on the mic, I came! (Sorry)

Seriously anytime Harris is on is great. I wish he was a more frequent guest.

I literally squealed when I heard Harris's voice. I am so excited for next week's episode.

But it did also make me sad about not having a new Analyze Phish.

Didn't they go to that phish concert in August of last year? I can't wait for the day the next AP is released.

Harris has seemed a lot more surly than usual in his last several Earwolf appearances. It's great - and funny to hear him not taking shit from anybody.

I'm late to the game- listened to the last three and now starting from the top. I'm from the midwest, so maybe it was more of a regional hit, but I listened to

Scritti Politti

and it was terrible! Typical '80s garbage synth pop. That said, I love you Scotts!

• Like 1

We should definitely be grateful to Harris, because chances are this podcast wouldn't have happened if not for the success of Analyze Phish. That was probably the main thing that led Scott to think of this--not to mention their rapport on the episodes when Scott did it with them.

• Like 4

I just listened to that Boom Boom Bap song by Scritti Politti that Scott mentioned. Jesus. I'm with Kulap.

I relistened to this episode about a week ago and made the mistake of looking it up. Now I can't stop 'Boom boom bap!'-ing. I feel like a jackass.

• Like 1

Scritti Politti, Prefab Sprout and the Pet Shop Boys?

Come on, Kulap. Those are awesome bands.

You've got good taste, Prefab Sprouterman.

#imwithkulap

I hadn't heard of any of those bands (save Pet Shop Boys) and listened to ten seconds of a Scritti Politti song and nearly fell asleep. What is there to like there? Jesus...

Sign in to follow this