🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Sorry_Bubastis

The Eulogy Thread

Hey All,

Much like many of you, I am mourning the loss of our brave and stubborn paladin, Sir Richard of Glinishmore, in the most recent episode of the show. I've decided to begin this thread for us to find closure and solace, and express our solemn goodbyes to our favorite rat-killing soldier of Bahamut. Feel free to submit your parting words to Sir Richard below.

Sure, Sir Richard may have been the atypical lawful good hero that the party needed, often held back by his budding alcoholism, his murky rogue past and his volatile temper, but he was a noble and loyal warrior in his own right. From his introduction in a submarine with a schizophrenic sorcerer to his suicidal crusade against a tyrannical water lord, Sir Richard entered our hearts swiftly and strongly, making us laugh and cheer through even the most intense of battles. And even in the face of obliteration, Sir Richard's faithful adoration of Bahamut returned him to the world, more powerful than ever. Yet upon his resurrection, we all knew Sir Richard was on a ticking clock, owing his soul to Bahamut, even if his heart belonged to his homeland of Glinishmore.

His rift with the dearly departed Amarth Amon was endearing, and his chivalrous friendship to Mildred Maxxton showed a kinder side to the ready-at-arms paladin. He was a dear friend to Bartha Shett and Blackie Green, and even came to the rescue of his spiritual enemy, Damien Darkomen. Those who stood in his path often turned to ash from the searing light of Bahamut, while those who joined at his side drank merrily and fought with vigor. It is a sad day in which Sir Richard had reunited with his deity, but hopefully, we will find comfort in that his sacrifice was not in vain, and this tormented soul is finally at peace.

I raise my glass to you, Sir Richard. For Glinishmore!

Near, Far, Wherever You Are

I Believe That The Heart Does Go On...

- Celine Dion, My Heart Will Go On (Theme from the Motion Picture TITANIC)

• Like 5

RIP Sir Richard of Glinnishmore.

May your glass never empty in that great Bar in the sky.

EDIT: Also Stargoyle too, squeak on little dude, squeak on.

• Like 1

I chose my handle simply because I'll miss our animal (well... weird dwarf mutant and sentient quantum singularity) companions...

I chose my handle simply because I'll miss our animal (well... weird dwarf mutant and sentient quantum singularity) companions...

I'm not counting him out yet.

• Like 1

The Lament Of Ser Richard (a parody of The lament of captain P, by Eledainn):

On the smoky floor of that cavern,

A silhouette did stand.

A brave and stalwart paladin

Who gave a helpin' hand.

Without fail, on every whim,

Which he did demand,

He simply prayed to bahamut,

And blasted light from his hand.

Chorus: Farewell to thee, Ser Richard,

Your ship has sailed to sea.

We'll tip our hats and pray one day

To be as great as thee.

Paladin Rich, you'll never know the emptiness inside

As we sit ashore on Glennishmore , waitin' for a ride.

A cavern blast on that fateful day,

That silhouette did fade.

Where once we found Ser Richard

Only scattered winds remained.

The stormy sea went silent

On that dark and dreary day.

But come along, my friends,

Let's raise a glass up for his name!

–Chorus–

So when you find yourself lamenting

In that lonely cave,

Watching as the rocks fall down,

And dryin' off your tears,

Believe in what he stood for,

And I know that he’ll survive.

Inside our hearts dear Ser Richard

Will always be alive!

–Chorus–

• Like 2

Can we expand this to other characters? Stargoyle bought the farm too... :(/>

I keep seeing this sentiment, on the episode thread as well... were people listening to the same podcast I was? Seems like the only sure death is Sir Richard, we never saw Stargoyle die on screen (rather just lost sight of him) and Sark hinted pretty clearly that he plans to hand wave some if not all of the other PCs back to life.

I keep seeing this sentiment, on the episode thread as well... were people listening to the same podcast I was? Seems like the only sure death is Sir Richard, we never saw Stargoyle die on screen (rather just lost sight of him) and Sark hinted pretty clearly that he plans to hand wave some if not all of the other PCs back to life.

I understand, but the leaving a Stargoyle- shaped black smudge against the wall seems to be a clue. I think we are all aware that Sark can/might/will wave his Magic DM hand and say "Rise From Your Grave!" (meaning they died first, yes?) while invoking Judas The Rock God to get Damien back to "Living After Midnight".

Upon this site

we're all collected

To ask ourselves

"Does this look infected?"

RIP Sir Richard, ya drunk bastard.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this