🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Worldfamous

Idea for New Show

I think it's a no brainer for you guys to start a TV discussion podcast. You could talk about the shows you love, bad shows, or a specific show. TV has pretty much surpassed the cinema at this point. Do it! Congrats on your child! If it's a boy, will you name him Chev?

id love to hear what the gangs fav movies are, good or bad.

also, what inspired them to get into comedy and maybe run through the road leading to where they are today.

just on a personal note, there's a group of very talented people running the show at the moment comedy wise, not just on podcasts and standup but on tv and movies. i love shows like NTSF, burning love, on cinema, the league, at midnight, comedy bang bang, drunk history, childrens hospital .. i could go on, and they all seem to get along with each other. i dont remember anything like this in the past. i find it very refeshing to see this new talent break through and rejuvinate my love of comedy. maybe they could discuss topics like this?

and on the baby naming front ... boy = mark, girl = lisa. everytime paul walks into a room then he can say "oh hi mark" or "oh hi lisa", ala tommy wiseau.

I know this has been suggested elsewhere on the forums but perhaps they could do books.

My suggestion for How Did This Get Written? would be 'Kinski Uncut', the autobiography of the late actor Klaus Kinski where he recounts his life as a hyper-intense priapic man-child who is in a constant state of blood boiling rage or uncontrolled lust. To give you a flavour, he recounts an incident when he was on a plane with his wife and he has sex with a flight attendant which his wife is not happy about. The whole episode is dispensed with in only one line. The book is literally bonkers.

To accompany the book I would suggest watching 'My Best Fiend' Werner Herzog's documentary about their tempestuous working relationship. All the Herzog/Kinski films are awesome.

On the subject of alternative content, I thought that Paul's interview of Jason Woliner on mini ep 50.5, about Jason's failing T-shirt venture, was so funny that I kept forcing people to listen to it with me. The way Woliner slowly fed out worse and worse facts was hilarious, and Paul's reactions (trying to show support despite his dismay) were perfect. It reminded me of some of the great deadpan bits by Bob Elliott & Ray Goulding on radio back in the '60s and '70s. Given the gang's background in improv, and their network of talented sketch artists and comic performers, I imagine they could record some very funny interviews with guests who supposedly have unique problems, opportunities, theories, or projects they want to discuss.

IF they were to do this they would have to do Thunder in Paradise, it's like Knight Rider meets Baywatch where you replace Hasselhoff with the Hulkster:

• Like 1