🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 171 — What Happens in New Zealand

It's time for your weekly WHO CHARTED with KuKu, Unstoppable, and their special guest, the lovely and talented Alice Wetterlund. In this episode, Alice, and her butler, get regifted a Springsteen pebble, we get an update on Tears on my Shaft, Dragon Boy Suede's new album, and everyone agrees that Drake is ridiculous. Plus we learn about Alice's comedy role models, how she is 'helping people good' through MTV's GirlCode, and Alice's history with rec league sports. Pay close attention to this episode because THE BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN stops by for a second and sings his famous cover, "Diarrhea" and they finally figure out which top 5 movies will and will not last the test of time. LEGGO!

Alice was an awesome guest and she fit the energy of the show perfectly. Always enjoy Whooch, but this one was a standout. Hope we see more of Bruce Springsteen in the future!

• Like 2

Alice was an awesome guest and she fit the energy of the show perfectly. Always enjoy Whooch, but this one was a standout. Hope we see more of Bruce Springsteen in the future!

personally i found her a bit too opinionated and that's coming from a very opinionated person in myself. I still wish the shows every week didn't feel so hurried. The first 100 or so never felt hurried...

• Like 1

Super fun episode. When they were talking about the next season of True Detective being Kulap learning more and more about Howard, I can't believe no one made the leap to "Ku Detective".

Alice was an awesome guest and she fit the energy of the show perfectly.

Totally agree. Having known nothing about her before, I have to say I'm downright smitten.

• Like 3

personally i found her a bit too opinionated and that's coming from a very opinionated person in myself. I still wish the shows every week didn't feel so hurried. The first 100 or so never felt hurried...

I actually appreciated this one for going long since most recent eps have been 40-45 mins. I do miss the really long episodes from the early days, but I figure everyone is probably too busy to do those these days (esp with Kulap working on her documentary).

As far as the shows not being longer, they are doing two shows a week now (and as we know from HDTGM, life sometimes gets in the way of a free podcast!) They save most of the personal stuff for Two Charted.

That said, MY QUESTION WAS READ! and I feel kind of stupid because it's one of the most generic questions you can ask in comedy, but Alice's first (PFT) answer was what I had hoped for. Hearing Howard say, "Hey Poika" was a huge thrill because I've had that handle online for over 30 years. Maybe Howard and I struck up a friendship in the old 300 baud D-Dial and BBS days.

Howard still can't summate, and it still entertains me.

Think about how awesome a Funny or Die sketch with Howard and someone else doing a True Detective scene could be!

• Like 2

Howard and Kuku were great on @midnite, go watch it on Hulu or on some other viewing platform, or maybe find someone on your block who's watching it and sneak around outside their house so you can watch it through their window. POINTS! CHARTS! CHARTPOINTS!

I like guests who like all of the songs and have seen all of the movies and like all of the movies. You're the worst. (My opinion, but maybe I think too much about stuff.)

Alice W. was a fine guest. She and Howard seemed very simpatico and she vibel well with Lop. Great episode.

Super fun episode. When they were talking about the next season of True Detective being Kulap learning more and more about Howard, I can't believe no one made the leap to "Ku Detective".

Ku Detective. Ha! Love it.