🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 66 — A New Awakening

It's not D&D without a few socially inept, rules-lawyering dicks in the mix…

• Like 2

I guess am fine with the DM ex machina, with the wistful twinge of remembering Sark's words, "Hey, come on, you guys know I am totally willing to kill PCs." I suppose Sark worked hard on the campaign, and the show must go on.

This bump was plastered over by the group bringing the funny. I'm soooooo glad Sir Dick is dead. Now Sark can restore the power balance within the party. Sir Richard, his crown, gauntlet and glowing gammy leg had the rest of the party cowed like Tim the Wizard tossing fireballs at the feet of Arthur and his knights. Please just tell me Sir Richard won't be bopping in and out like Obi Wan any more! You only live thrice. Put Mildred in charge, you might get something done!

Love the podcast!

-wu

PS, Posehn, I feel like you're still in mourning for Amarth. Props for inventing a new alignment: "Passive Aggressive Evil", but I'd love to see Damien get in the game and kick some ass.

Edit: New avatar for Hammerbeard:

Comicbookguy.gif

• Like 5

The moment that made me laugh at work was when the cheese was getting heated and all the rats that were once people lost their minds. Something about that made it harder to hold in. Thanks to this podcast most Wednesdays I suddenly seem insane to my co-workers.

• Like 2

This adventure has more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing. Will we ever go back to the collector boss dude?

The whole cheese thing is hilarious!

• Like 1

This adventure has more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing. Will we ever go back to the collector boss dude?

The whole cheese thing is hilarious!

Yeah, I want lifeboat dead.

Mmmm warm, gooey cheese and warm, tepid beer. I don't know about everyone else, but this episode flew by. It seemed like only 30 minutes.

• Like 1

Can't wait for Damien to start Squeaking... Squeaking for Vengeance!

• Like 1

I loved the Muenster Manual joke. That's the loudest I've laughed over the course of the whole podcast. Since Wisconsin is my adopted home, I absolutely loved the concept of saving vs. cheese. Obviously that's a roll a lot of us fail around here.

I really wondered how Sark was going to handle this. I think he handled their "death" in a way that was clever and oddly logical given the rest of this dungeon crawl to Glinishmoore.

I'm looking forward to Gerry's next character. So far we've had a buck nerkid Shaman and an alcoholic Paladin. Maybe a Jehovah's Witness Rogue next?

Oh yeah, what happened to Trondor?

I loved the Muenster Manual joke. That's the loudest I've laughed over the course of the whole podcast. Since Wisconsin is my adopted home, I absolutely loved the concept of saving vs. cheese. Obviously that's a roll a lot of us fail around here.

I really wondered how Sark was going to handle this. I think he handled their "death" in a way that was clever and oddly logical given the rest of this dungeon crawl to Glinishmoore.

I'm looking forward to Gerry's next character. So far we've had a buck nerkid Shaman and an alcoholic Paladin. Maybe a Jehovah's Witness Rogue next?

Oh yeah, what happened to Trondor?

I think he's gone to NPC heaven to hang out with Tras, Karn and countless hostages

I'm slightly puzzled about Sir Richard's hand and foot making an appearance. At the end of the last episode, Sark said Sir Richard was taken up to Bahamut-heaven by the avatar, right after he died to the suicide bombers, so wouldn't that imply that his consciousness was no longer in the physical plane? So if Sir Richard's consciousness (or soul, if you'd prefer) was on another plane, were the hand and foot really "him" or maybe just an echo of his will? I suppose it's possible that Bahamut gave Sir Richard one last favor and allowed him to project back into the physical plane briefly to help his friends, but that would be assuming a fair amount of behind-the-scenes role-playing, or DM ex machina.

I took it to mean [sir Richard voice] "Guys, I may be gone *hic*, but I will always watch out for you"

Brilliant ep. The cheese stuff was fantastic, probably my favourite Ken episode, he was fantastic.

Mother fucking STARGOYLE you guys. He's alive! I love that little dude.

I was worried about that little guy too I hope he makes it back to the group

• Like 1

I'm slightly puzzled about Sir Richard's hand and foot making an appearance....

The glowing hand never actually belonged to Sir Richard, it was "The Hand Of Bahamut". So it's probably Bahamut himself who helped the rats escape.

The glowing hand never actually belonged to Sir Richard, it was "The Hand Of Bahamut". So it's probably Bahamut himself who helped the rats escape.

Hm, I don't find that idea very convincing. It seemed heavily implied that it was Sir Dick's ghost, what with the thumbs up 'n all.

• Like 1

When i heard Sark ask the gang to roll against cheese, I lost it....And when they finally got the cheese and all the rats in the other room were losing it to the smell of a well toasted runny, rindless, cheese (possibly camembert?), I nearly died. Seriously, I wear earbuds at work and everybody stared at me and rolled their eyes. I have already converted two people to Nerd Poker at work, and those who roll their eyes will be next.

That being said, all I could think of after the show was The Monty Python Cheese Shop Sketch:

• Like 1

Mother fucking STARGOYLE you guys. He's alive! I love that little dude.

man, i took that the total opposite way, blackie can faintly hear him then not hear him anymore, that sure sounds like sark is implying he's dead. like blackie was able to hear a faint echo cause of their telepathic link but that he's gone upstate to a farm for old stargoyles

man, i took that the total opposite way, blackie can faintly hear him then not hear him anymore, that sure sounds like sark is implying he's dead. like blackie was able to hear a faint echo cause of their telepathic link but that he's gone upstate to a farm for old stargoyles

20120506-despair-2.jpg

• Like 1

If Stargoyle were really dead, Blaine would presumably have had to make a fortitude save and lost XP/levels accordingly. (DM forgetfulness notwithstanding.)

• Like 1

Not sure it was ever established that SG was a true familiar in a technical sense... that said, I'm not eulogizing anyone until I have confirmation, especially a pretty much off-screen death. Too genre aware.

On tour with The Jim Henson Comapny and listened to this episode while in my bunk on the bus. Sure hope no one was awoken by my mad giggling. This is my favorite podcast. Period. Great work by all.

Not sure it was ever established that SG was a true familiar in a technical sense... that said, I'm not eulogizing anyone until I have confirmation, especially a pretty much off-screen death. Too genre aware.

It's possible Stargoyle could pull a Sparklette. Which is to say that he may have been blasted to smithereens, but may be able to reform himself with time.

Terrible episode.

Having a deity come along and open the rat cages was a pathetic cop out. Why not just have Bahumet kill the old guy? A good DM would have created a situation where the PCs could have gotten themselves out with a little thought.

• Like 1

Terrible episode.

Having a deity come along and open the rat cages was a pathetic cop out. Why not just have Bahumet kill the old guy? A good DM would have created a situation where the PCs could have gotten themselves out with a little thought.

Dude, just quit listening. It's going to be ok.

• Like 1

Terrible episode.

I don't think Sir Dick was/is a deity. Just a poltergeist for a final 'mission' - and it was a good vehicle to see Sir Richard one last time as well as infer (or imply?) that Sir Dick had past on to the other PCs. After all they were ordered out of the room before he passed and may not have 'known' what happened to him. As for just having Bahumet (or Judas or the Water God) whack The Old Guy, well you'd think a god could to do it easily. But why haven't they is a good question. I guess we'll have to wait on the "shitty" DM to tell us.

Sign in to follow this