🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 24 — Rob Corddry, Our Close Friend

its really gross to me that people from this show's board went and threw shit at another earwolf show :c

• Like 2

this corrdry incident could not stand. sensei sean and hayes developed the marshall art of powerful moves.

timsvlog - lovin the enthusiasm i can tell you really get it

huglife - lol (loffed out loud) also, its not really the role of this post to take a position either way on that clip, granted timsvlog may be a horrible racist, but theres valid arguments on both sides.

michealbayofpigs - thanks for picking up on that I was dictating to Siri because my stenographer called in sick today.

greggy - its all in good fun besides thats prob the most traffic that forum has had in months. suckin on deez was inevitable

Sidenote

Kali Kazoo has a new song titled "Clem"... think ClemDawg is hittin that?

warning: fartgun violence

http://vimeo.com/77719126

• Like 4

this corrdry incident could not stand. sensei sean and hayes developed the marshall art of powerful moves.

michealbayofpigs - thanks for picking up on that I was dictating to Siri because my stenographer called in sick today.

Isn't "Marshall Art" the name of the new Eminem/Garfunkel mashup album?

• Like 1

I'm going to listen to your podcast now though.

Awww shucks. We have a new (much funnier) show but I'm not comfortable plugging it just yet. That Adam Levine bit was fantastic. As was the wakeboarding bit. I need to revisit the classics...

showshowbro, is your profile picture a drawing of Hayes holding a cat by the scruff and, maybe, just maybe the cat has Sean's face (pre-lasik)?

btw, I searched "scruff" and found out it's some fancy type of gay guy. Makes sense.

It is indeed. I drew that back in the day when we were doing the Reality Show Show Show (our original podcast). We had a recurring bit where callers would call in and describe themselves and we'd draw a portrait of them. I kept that one handy in case Sean and Hayes called in. It's really unfortunate because every time they tried to call in the line was busy.

I wasn't surprised to learn about the scruff. I pulled the wikipedia volume off the shelf and --sure enough "some fancy type of gay guy."

• Like 4

This may seem insensitive or something but I thought all gay men were fancy? Is it like a continuum of fanciness or levels?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is whether or not there's a comprehensive ranking system for gay guys and their fanciness or if it's a typological thing or just in the eye of the beholder.

I don't know why this interests me so much. Other than my need to identify categorize and rank all information that I come across.

granted timsvlog may be a horrible racist

Being 1/8 Native American I am a little bit external to the whole being racism discussion, but I guess I see where you're coming from at.

• Like 2

This may seem insensitive or something but I thought all gay men were fancy? Is it like a continuum of fanciness or levels?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is whether or not there's a comprehensive ranking system for gay guys and their fanciness or if it's a typological thing or just in the eye of the beholder.

I don't know why this interests me so much. Other than my need to identify categorize and rank all information that I come across.

Maybe back in 2011*. Now there's this thing called normcore, and I can't tell my Jacks from my Wills.

*encyclopedia brittanica

But seriously Chanson, your comments don't necessarily overstep the bounds of the family forum paradigm, but with a little effort, I think we might be able to adopt a more accepting, progressive attitude and make this a modern family forum.

food for thought,

-shosho

• Like 2

Maybe back in 2011*. Now there's this thing called normcore, and I can't tell my Jacks from my Wills.

*encyclopedia brittanica

But seriously Chanson, your comments don't necessarily overstep the bounds of the family forum paradigm, but with a little effort, I think we might be able to adopt a more accepting, progressive attitude and make this a modern family forum.

food for thought,

-shosho

I was being facetious. The University of Washington made me take a women's studies course because of how it related so nicely to my political science and economics coursework, so I know all about sexuality and stereotypes and sensitivity.

#womenbeshoppin'

Also, families are a key instrument of the patriarchy used to subjugate women and keep them subservient to the wishes of men. So maybe a family forum isn't a good thing after all.

Do elaborate on normcore though.

• Like 2

Also, I guess I'm confused as to why we're attacking Kevin Pollack's Chat Show in addition to being confused about a lot of things generally.

I was being facetious.

#womenbeshoppin'

Do elaborate on normcore though.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Is anyone on this forum not being facetious??

I was just trying to make a will & grace/modern family joke, dude.

Normcore is a new trend in fashion. It's almost as if the thrift stores ran out of loud obnoxious clothes and all the hipsters had to settle for Lands End polos and Avix running shoes...

http://nymag.com/the...hion-trend.html

I only included the link because my buddy Jake is #4 in this slide show. He's been dressing like Larry David ever since Halloween when he went as Michelango's Larry David.....

...apologies for all the posts it's been a slow week at work. I'm gonna slink back into the woodwork now...

ps.

i don't want no beef chanson!!! you can make or break a man in this town.

• Like 4

I wish you guys would of asked Rob some questions about being a bald actor. I'm losing my hair from out of my head and I'm worried it's going to affect my career. Meanwhile you've got one of the top cueballs in the business up on your podcast and you don't grill him about getting jobs w/ bald head!! Really feel like I've been hang out to dry here............

edit: PAGE 4 FUCKERS!!

• Like 3

I wish you guys would of asked Rob some questions about being a bald actor. I'm losing my hair from out of my head and I'm worried it's going to affect my career. Meanwhile you've got one of the top cueballs in the business up on your podcast and you don't grill him about getting jobs w/ bald head!! Really feel like I've been hang out to dry here............

edit: PAGE 4 FUCKERS!!

Common,

A good friend of mine actually started getting MORE gigs when he lost the hair from out of his head. All he did was send his TRESemmé to all the top agents.

LAST ONE, I PROMISE.

• Like 4

i don't want no beef chanson!!! you can make or break a man in this town.

I apologize. I didn't know you were a vegan/vegetarian/self-righteous asshole.

Don't worry. I know it's a forum. I don't get "for reals mad" at anyone here. Unless I say otherwise.

(I only make this explicit because sometimes people take things personally and it's hard to tell what someone really means when it's written.)

TRESemmé

Ooooh la la

chanson is going bald! i heard it from a friend of mine that he's going bald and his hair is comin gout!

what do you got to say about that!!

28vx1kh.gif

• Like 1

I apologize. I didn't know you were a vegan/vegetarian/self-righteous asshole.

I didn't know that vegans/vegetarians didn't have the chops to hold it down in here. Well, as a bald-american and vegetable eater, I won't cower because I am too chicken to steak my clam in this forum. Don't start getting fishy on me Chanson, because I'm not afraid to start flexing some mussel.

I have crabs.

• Like 5

chanson is going bald! i heard it from a friend of mine that he's going bald and his hair is comin gout!

what do you got to say about that!!

28vx1kh.gif

Not true. Also confusing. Also, is this an insult? Also, what the fuck? Also, rando.

I've reached my daily limit of "likes" for all these funny good postscasts but assuredly me likes. I am bussin up over here. Wanted to let you guys know that I am stone cold rep'n HH. I just left the scene of a malicious verbal beatdown on Kevin Pollak whack show. He recognise (bird silhouette hands) ptttrrrrrr!

http://forum.earwolf...te-corddry-197/

I really love how long that intro is, and how they literally show on their 'cool tv graphic thing' like 20 'big celebs'.

He must be really fucking cool

• Like 1

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Is anyone on this forum not being facetious??

I was just trying to make a will & grace/modern family joke, dude.

Normcore is a new trend in fashion. It's almost as if the thrift stores ran out of loud obnoxious clothes and all the hipsters had to settle for Lands End polos and Avix running shoes...

http://nymag.com/the...hion-trend.html

normcore is cracking me up so much. Where I live, as you may or may not know because it's all i talk about anymore because i'm boring and lame...

There are a lot of really cool fucking normcore dressed people. They're just poor people at the homeless shelters.

But they're fucking rad

• Like 3

Favorite HH ep thus far is Brian Huskey's, obvi. I almost worry that he'll make a repeat appearance on the show because I may die from having my whole shit buss up. I listen to the pod while driving to work, and bussin' up on I-95 seems imprudent.

Chanson, did you learn anything useful in your Women's Studies class?

• Like 3

Did you guys heard that Norm McDonald had a farm? E-I-E-I-O

• Like 1

P.S. I've been gone from the forums for a little bit and am just catching up now... hugLife, are you a fellow vegetarian/vegan?!? I should have been more thorough in my previous creepster stalking of you, b/c I didn't know this. Pretty sure VB is (I stalk her on the reg, too). Anyways. Just wanted to like, bro out with you guys on that for a sec.

• Like 3

P.S. I've been gone from the forums for a little bit and am just catching up now... hugLife, are you a fellow vegetarian/vegan?!? I should have been more thorough in my previous creepster stalking of you, b/c I didn't know this. Pretty sure VB is (I stalk her on the reg, too). Anyways. Just wanted to like, bro out with you guys on that for a sec.

Much to Chanson's dismay, I am actually more vegan than vegetarian. I still eat eggs from my farmer's market, but that is it. I knew that Veebz was down as well, but I too, didn't know that you were a vegetabletarian too. Also, not ok with you picking up so many shifts at Sears that you have neglected to meet your weekly posting quota.

You should still consider joining some of us on Google+ so we can pretend that we will all video chat sometime soon!

Much to Chanson's dismay, I am actually more vegan than vegetarian. I still eat eggs from my farmer's market, but that is it. I knew that Veebz was down as well, but I too, didn't know that you were a vegetabletarian too. Also, not ok with you picking up so many shifts at Sears that you have neglected to meet your weekly posting quota.

You should still consider joining some of us on Google+ so we can pretend that we will all video chat sometime soon!

Yep, vegan over here who worships at the altar of Isa Chandra Moskowitz. Ok so I caved and made a gmail just now. frejakarolina@gmail.com. I'm bored as shit right now b/c I'm trying to flip from my night shift schedule (no, not at Sears... Sears is just where us corn-fed normals go to hear the pod) and my body doesn't understand what's going on. Is this hangout thing happening or what? Have you guys all been talking without me?? I don't know how it works but if I apply myself maybe I'll figure it out in the next few mins.

• Like 2