🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 24 — Rob Corddry, Our Close Friend

Chanson, did you learn anything useful in your Women's Studies class?

Yes. I really enjoyed sociology-type classes and despite the inherent bias built in to this class, I learned quite a bit. Also, I have always been somewhat sympathetic to feminist ideas and aware of the struggles women have faced and the progress they have made. I also feel passionately that girls need a strong independent female role model (I put forward Mariska Hargitay in SVU) to look up to. However, I do think the rhetoric of feminism often gets in the way of actual progress but the same could be said of many important social movements (which is why most of them are stuck where they are and going nowhere most of the time).

That said, I am a little miffed that I had to take the course because it wasn't all that related to a BA in Political Science or a BA in Economics. Perhaps tangentially, but still, I don't like it when people use education to make a political statement, whether I agree with the outcome or not (and in this case, I do).

But yes, learned a lot. Enjoyed the class. Still respect women. Still fear women. Still like being told what to do by women (probably didn't need to say that). So, yeah. Not a lot changed.

#RealTalk

PS - For the record, I don't actually have anything against veggies or any of the various levels of commitment therein. According to my education in economics, the less demand for a product the lower the price, so I thank you for keeping meat affordable and for not taking the best cuts for yourselves.

PPS - You're welcome for my effort to keep the price of sprouts (or whatever the fuck you people eat) low.

• Like 3

Yes. I really enjoyed sociology-type classes and despite the inherent bias built in to this class, I learned quite a bit. Also, I have always been somewhat sympathetic to feminist ideas and aware of the struggles women have faced and the progress they have made. I also feel passionately that girls need a strong independent female role model (I put forward Mariska Hargitay in SVU) to look up to. However, I do think the rhetoric of feminism often gets in the way of actual progress but the same could be said of many important social movements (which is why most of them are stuck where they are and going nowhere most of the time).

That said, I am a little miffed that I had to take the course because it wasn't all that related to a BA in Political Science or a BA in Economics. Perhaps tangentially, but still, I don't like it when people use education to make a political statement, whether I agree with the outcome or not (and in this case, I do).

#RealTalk

Uh.. that wasn't funny. Where's the jokes?

Let me try a joke: Picture an Asian man who hurt his penis and he's just holding it going "ooohhh noooo!!!" in a really funny fun accent.

• Like 4

Uh.. that wasn't funny. Where's the jokes?

Let me try a joke: Picture an Asian man who hurt his penis and he's just holding it going "ooohhh noooo!!!" in a really funny fun accent.

angry_asian_1312764953.jpg

like it is so big that he can never prevent people from stepping on it by accident?

• Like 1

Anyone ever just wanna buy a Jones Soda at Starbucks and then take a ride on a Raleigh bicycle down to Pike Place to pick up some Beecher's Cheese while listening to Lithium by Nirvana and then use their Windows phone to take a picture of the Space Needle from underneath their bumbershoot before going up to Crystal Mountain to shred some pow on their new K2 Apache Recon skis and marvelling at how well their Outdoor Research jacket that they bought at REI is holding up even though their buddy just spilled some Pyramid Hefeweizen on it at the bar while he was daydreaming about next weekend's trip to the San Juan Islands onboard the Washington State Ferries?

Yeah, me neither.

• Like 3

Anyone ever just wanna buy a Jones Soda at Starbucks and then take a ride on a Raleigh bicycle down to Pike Place to pick up some Beecher's Cheese while listening to Lithium by Nirvana and then use their Windows phone to take a picture of the Space Needle from underneath their bumbershoot before going up to Crystal Mountain to shred some pow on their new K2 Apache Recon skis and marvelling at how well their Outdoor Research jacket that they bought at REI is holding up even though their buddy just spilled some Pyramid Hefeweizen on it at the bar while he was daydreaming about next weekend's trip to the San Juan Islands onboard the Washington State Ferries?

Yeah, me neither.

I only want to go to Forks, where they shot Twilight. That is the only place worth seeing out there.

• Like 2

I only want to go to Forks, where they shot Twilight. That is the only place worth seeing out there.

Second beach is pretty dreamy. Especially if you eat some acid from weird hippies that go snow-shoeing with your friend, or whatever.

• Like 2

P.S. I've been gone from the forums for a little bit and am just catching up now... hugLife, are you a fellow vegetarian/vegan?!? I should have been more thorough in my previous creepster stalking of you, b/c I didn't know this. Pretty sure VB is (I stalk her on the reg, too). Anyways. Just wanted to like, bro out with you guys on that for a sec.

Love a good bro out sesh

• Like 3

up to Crystal Mountain to shred some pow

All I heard, all I care about.

• Like 4

My friend told me he was a vegan during a catching up breakfast and I was like, "But bro, you're eating eggs." And he was like, "yea, my wife had em frozen incase we wanted to have a baby later on in life, but fuck am I starving!"

It was a total "pass the ketchup" situation lol

• Like 5

P.S. I've been gone from the forums for a little bit and am just catching up now... hugLife, are you a fellow vegetarian/vegan?!? I should have been more thorough in my previous creepster stalking of you, b/c I didn't know this. Pretty sure VB is (I stalk her on the reg, too). Anyways. Just wanted to like, bro out with you guys on that for a sec.

I wonder if we have any other weird stuff in common. I mean, if all three of us don't eat meat then this could be an Identity scenario. You've seen that movie, right? It's good.

Maybe listing some random facts about ourselves would help us figure out if we're all essentially the same person.

But I'm suddenly feeling guarded, so I guess we'll never know.

• Like 1

Happy Bday Hayes! Can't wait to set the roof on fire tom night btw I'm bringing Kelly Kapowski as my plus one

• Like 5

I wonder if we have any other weird stuff in common. I mean, if all three of us don't eat meat then this could be an Identity scenario. You've seen that movie, right? It's good.

Maybe listing some random facts about ourselves would help us figure out if we're all essentially the same person.

But I'm suddenly feeling guarded, so I guess we'll never know.

If we have the same influences, it would be silly NOT to form a band.

I listen to a lot of Captain Sensei, Karate Cousins, Judy-o-in-the-studio, and that whole scene.

• Like 3

You guys, I went out drinking with some military officers that I met at the dog park. Way more hardcore than me. Just bit my finger trying to eat a quesadilla that I made. Also, I think they teach dancing at West Point or some shit.

• Like 1

The ending of this episode made me really, really sad. :(/>/>/>/>/>/>

Sorry Nar-Dog. Incidentally Rob and I had a wonderful breakfast. We had a great big laugh when we realized his Chicano wife already comes to see me (I'm her OB/GYN). In fact I was the one who brought his shithead of a daughter into this world. Go figs! Funny the topic of Bald Comedy came up here on the forum...we talked about this at breakfast and what Robby was saying was that throughout history the hairless men of society were generally regarded the best comics...occupations such as jester were reserved just for them. Everyone thought Richard Pryor lighting his hair on fire was an accident. Truthfully, he thought it would make him funnier.

Everyone thought Richard Pryor lighting his hair on fire was an accident. Truthfully, he thought it would make him funnier.

If only someone would have told Jacko that this was NOT the way into stand-up....

michael_jackson[1](2).jpg

• Like 4

If only someone would have told Jacko that this was NOT the way into stand-up....

michael_jackson[1](2).jpg

Exactly! There was a whole thing in the 80's where famous people with hair we're trying to be funnier. Trick is you have to lose it naturally.

• Like 1

Who's supposed to be the guest tomorrow? Did I miss something?

How am I supposed to sleep when I don't know how to mentally prepare myself for what's in store via Hollywood Handbooks?

Side note.

There is a production company filming a movie with Cate Blanchett and Rooney Marla shooting just a block from where I work in Cincinnati's historic "over the rhine"

I went up to the location, yelled her name repeatedly, and was ushered out of the area.

How am I supposed to sleep when I don't know how to mentally prepare myself for what's in store via Hollywood Handbooks

They are going old school RSS style and not having a guest this week. They realized that their guests were only dragging them down, so they are focus more on training whichever engineer is in the studio that day.

You must not have been in the Google Plus Hang Out Session with Hayes, Sean, and Agata. Maybe next time you'll get an invite.

Anyway, the guest tomorrow is Pauly Shore

• Like 5

Paul Shore,

One night when I was in college a group of friends and I stayed up late watching encino man. We all agreed that we were for you, which led to a shirt design that simply stated "for shore"

Did you like that shirt that I made?

• Like 3

H+S asked Pauly whether he'd like to guest on their podcast. His response? "Shore!" (sure)

Honestly, I think Engineer Sam's terrible question threw them off and they just couldn't recover enough to get through the popcorn gallery.

I still haven't recovered.

• Like 2

I'm listening to the backlog and my dad had his coworker over and my door was open and I listen to my podcasts on a speaker on a somewhat high volume

So he definitely heard Rob Corddry say "I hate black people" and the scene-setting where he's beating up his wife

So I guess you can say I'm promoting this podcast pretty well

• Like 3

welcome friend - this isn't CBB. You don't have to post in the thread for the specific episode you're talking about. Just post whatever you want in the current weeks' thread. Here are some examples of things you might like to post in the forum thread created for the most recent ep of Hollywood Handbook

• comments/observations about that week's episode
  • comments/observations about any episode
  • discussions about other podcasts
  • pictures of your Dad
  • pictures of your dog
  • embarrassing stories about yourself
  • celebrity encounters
  • recipes
  • short stories
  • fan fiction
  • erotic fiction
  • pictures of what you're eating
  • announcements (births, deaths, marriages)
  • unboxing videos
  • video reviews of (but not limited to) food or drink products
  • songs you've written
  • plug your band
  • plug your podcast (I think you're required to either have a podcast or have one in development)

However, do not post about the TV show Survivor. There is a separate thread for that.

Hope you find this helpful.

• Like 7