🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Famous Mortimer

Interruptions

Firstly, I’ve been listening since the beginning, appreciate the amount of free entertainment I’ve been given, and am a fan of most of the other stuff you all do.

It’s always been there to a greater or lesser extent, but the amount of interruptions and talking over each other has become unbearable in recent months. “Crossroads” is the ultimate example, I think, which was painful to listen to with the number of ideas and sentences that got cut off. In the most recent episode, Paul evidently started feeling the same way as me as he actually shut up Jason and Andy Daly at one point.

It just seems like the show would benefit from some system for surrendering the floor. If no-one else feels the same way, then I’ll keep quiet, but I don’t believe anyone thinks this is the best a group of amazingly talented comedians like you three could be doing.

I don’t believe anyone thinks this is the best a group of amazingly talented comedians like you three could be doing.

I do. Be careful with making sweeping statements that supposedly represent others' opinions.

• Like 2

I kind of like when a movie creates that kind of manic reaction to things though, because that's how me and my friends are, especially after having watched something separately, when you're just waiting to spill your guts on this thing and everyone wants to talk about their favorite parts or what bugged them first, and while it might become a little bit of a mess, everyone DOES get their piece in. A lot of the time, it reflects the batshit nature of the thing you just watched, and more often than not, those movies don't exactly invite or deserve a calm, polite, mediated discussion where people take turns. Also, I'm sure that even though they're professionals, they're just like us in that they're afraid of forgetting something and want to get it out of their brain before it's gone forever, especially when it's a movie that they'd never WANT to revisit. I guess I don't have a hard time or get as annoyed with interruption-heavy episodes, because I'd be doing the same thing.

I don’t believe anyone thinks this is the best a group of amazingly talented comedians like you three could be doing.

...says the guy complaining about a free podcast. [insert eyeroll gif here]

Come on, man. The so-called "talking over each other" has really been part of the show since the beginning. The more bonkers the movie is, the more active the discussion is. One of the best episodes is Sleepaway Camp, with everyone trying to figure out what the hell is going on in the beginning of the film. The collective "WHAT IS HAPPENING" just wouldn't happen with a moderator or whatever it is you're suggesting. This isn't Doug Loves Movies.

I'm glad you feel comfortable sharing your opinion here, but I believe you're in the minority with that. Keep listening and enjoying the show, though.

• Like 1

This complaint has been popping up since the beginning of the show. If you want to see an especially heated exchange about it, check out the Abduction thread. The 'talking over each other' is just part and parcel to the show. Honestly, I see it as a positive thing, because it shows how excited they are to dive into the discussion. I really think everyone is actually pretty good about ceding the floor when it gets to be too much.

Sign in to follow this