🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 4 — Rattle and Hum

Don DiMello likes U2 right?

Was just thinking that myself. Can't be too difficult for Scott to get in touch with Don and ask him about 'acquiring' some college girls for future podcasts.

I think at one point Scott refers to Nelson Mandela as "Uatu" who is a very obscure Marvel comics character. So cool.

it always cracks me up to but Uatu seems to be a go-to reference for mr aukerman, i had never heard of him before listening to CBB but now i feel like i have a pretty good handle on the character

it always cracks me up to but Uatu seems to be a go-to reference for mr aukerman, i had never heard of him before listening to CBB but now i feel like i have a pretty good handle on the character

Someone's out to kill him this April in Original Sin #0.

comics-marvel-original-sin.jpg

Uatu The Watcher

(1963 - 2014)

• Like 1

thats what he gets for interfering all the time

• Like 2

My old roommate worked at a Turtles Music. One day the police raided his store and charged all the employees with conspiring to run a tri-state theft ring because someone sold CDs he stole from Target there. It didn't have a turtle shell for a roof :(

I've been listening to a bunch of old U2 this week, and I got to Rattle & Hum today. Maybe it's just me, but for me, nothing U2 does will ever be funnier than in "Silver and Gold", when Bono says "This song was written in a hotel room in New York City, right around the time a friend of ours, Little Steven, was puttin' together a record of artists against Apartheid."

(Go to 4:25)

• Like 1

"Okay Edge. Play the blues."

- Edge plays something not even remotely resembling the blues -

Also never realized this movie was in black n white. How profound.

• Like 1

I'm going through the U2 catalog and listening to each ep as I do. I had no memory of them making a joke about Harris dying (long before his death) and his funeral. How weird to hear.

• Like 2

I'm going through the U2 catalog and listening to each ep as I do. I had no memory of them making a joke about Harris dying (long before his death) and his funeral. How weird to hear.

This happened a couple of times on CBB and it always gave me the heebie. jeebies.

I really don't get the hate for Rattle and Hum. Maybe it's a generational thing. I was only 7 years old when it was released and I didn't get into U2 until I was about 10 when my older brother got me War for Christmas. I had no idea whether the album was a critical success or not. Actually I didn't know it was a failure until listening to this podcast. Rattle and Hum and the corresponding movie was to me one of the greatest pieces of my childhood. I remember listening to that album over and over in my bedroom trying to memorize all the lyrics. I would watch the movie when no one was home and pretend I was Bono singing to the audience. It was great. I don't care what the critics thought or if people thought they were selling out, it is and will always be one of my favorite albums of all time. My wife even walked down the isle at our wedding to All I Want Is You.