🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 007 — Rockin’ and A Rollin’ with Wolfman Hot Dog

Not that the rest wasn't great, but I felt like this one peaked early with the dream journal reading, which was phenomenal.

Gourley gets my MVP award for this episode for his casual delivery of "I should say, we're also married", and especially for "It was Charlie".

I agree with you. It had a totally different vibe from the craziness in every other episode.

That said, Matt Gourley was just amazing. Although, that was more of a New Zealand accent, wasn't it? I kept picturing the character in Top of the Lake. :D

Oh, he was definitely from New Zealand. He said that his father was an Australian there on business and his mother was Maori.

Not that the rest wasn't great, but I felt like this one peaked early with the dream journal reading, which was phenomenal.

that dream journal is my everything

tumblr_mt8n8t6uvj1rfn0yto1_400.gif

• Like 5

I've been waiting for this one all week! All of the ADPPP podcasts are worth the wait

Hearing Hotdog wax poetic about Sha-Na-Na and the Sha-Na-Na house and the goings-on there nearly killed me here at work yesterday. And my god...Sean Conroy; the man's fucking gold! Brilliant...

And to add the Bammer on there, it was the perfect group. I don't know Julie Brister's work but she was fantastic...

Favorite Earwolf podcast of the week!

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 3

I hadn't heard much from Matt Gourley before this series started and all I have to say is THANK YOU ANDY DALY. Thank you for introducing me to this genius.

• Like 4

So lets say that Sha Na Na gets a gig at a small fair, in a parking lot, of a mini-mall...

Later on, "If I'm like Mitt Romney and I want Sha Na Na to play at my birthday party"

10 hour loop of Gourley saying "no" in that impossible accent, please.

• Like 5

10 hour loop of Gourley saying "no" in that impossible accent, please.

N-O

nohy

• Like 1

Was the Tommy Bartlett bit a reference to Tommy Bartlett from the Wisconsin Dells? When I was a kid we always went to horrible vacations in Wisconsin, and saw ads for Tommy Bartlett attractions, and I always wanted to go to Tommy Bartlett's Robot World. I always imagined Tommy Bartlett's Robot World to be the most amazing place on Earth.

I'm glad that someone other than my friends and I have realized how much comedic potential lies within the way people from Australia/New Zealand respond in the negative. We've always spelled it as "noyu." So fun to say.

• Like 3

I was also waiting on this one. But I wasn't expecting it to top "The Wit and Wisdom of the West"! Every second of this episode was gold. I've been listening to Sean Conroy on "The Longshot" since 2011, but I somehow didn't realize how brilliant this guy is. I stopped listening when Eddie Pepitone left, but I think it's time to pay it another visit.

I hadn't heard much from Matt Gourley before this series started and all I have to say is THANK YOU ANDY DALY. Thank you for introducing me to this genius.

I knew him from PFT's "The Dead Authors Podcast" and looked his other stuff up since then. The Andy Daly and Matt Gourley combination sometimes including PFT in this podcast was a dream come true.

Just have a look at this:

I knew that Gourley played one of the Grimm brothers for the Dead Authors Podcast, but I only just recently realized that

! That episode was also one of my favorites (I relistened to it in celebration of the return of Cosmos). I think he should bring Sagan back somehow. I like that Gourley's clearly very smart and is willing to make his characters intelligent. Mall was a creep in the Dimello episode, but pretty knowledgeable about theater ("Greek catherni" was a crazy deep cut!)

Honestly, Matt Gourley has so many great characters, I could imagine a Matt Gourley Podcast Pilot Project. Do that for season 2, and have Andy Daly bring his characters along for backup.

And then, season 3: Gourley's and Daly's characters go to war with the Pod F Tomkast!

This entire journey with the ADPPP has been so incredile. I have loved him and his characters since I first heard him back on CBB, and Matt Gourley is a complete treasure as well.

And for the record, I thoroughly enjoy him holding back his laughter with that weird throat clenching noise...thing. I die every time.

Anyway, what I really want to say is that we need to start email earwolf, andy daly, matt gourley, WHOEVER and get them to continue this. Maybe make the characters "re-submit" new pilots, or have them think they get signed on and they send the episodes to andy and matt to be played on ADPPP or something. I don't know.

This genius, hilarious, outstanding and absurd podcast cannot go away. It is simplytoo good.

• Like 3

This entire journey with the ADPPP has been so incredile. I have loved him and his characters since I first heard him back on CBB, and Matt Gourley is a complete treasure as well.

And for the record, I thoroughly enjoy him holding back his laughter with that weird throat clenching noise...thing. I die every time.

Anyway, what I really want to say is that we need to start email earwolf, andy daly, matt gourley, WHOEVER and get them to continue this. Maybe make the characters "re-submit" new pilots, or have them think they get signed on and they send the episodes to andy and matt to be played on ADPPP or something. I don't know.

This genius, hilarious, outstanding and absurd podcast cannot go away. It is simplytoo good.

these 8 are hardly all of andy's characters too, there's Andi Calahan registered nurse( one of my personal favs whos way under rated), Gil and Golly, Bryon Dennison royal watcher, Cactus Tony, Ben Alterman, and more. it could totally keep going

• Like 1

I am so happy to see how many people are so in tune to how I feel about this show. I mean, we could wax poetic for hours on these characters, I've tried ranking them, second guessed my rankings, I mean I don't know about anyone else but I find myself mocking people around me, not in a bad way, just while they're telling me a bullshit story saying something total Daly-like such as "Ooooh Golly." Or something from a character in the podcasts, like "You Vat-i-Can't catch me!" Or seriously it is just making me a little sharper on my toes and ready to pounce on something, like they don't realize it but they're feeding me lines and I am just going off of their vibe. I don't know how to describe it, other than saying they nailed it. They fucking nailed how I want my fake podcast pilots to sound, and I can only say that on Greg Fitzimmons's podcast last week one Andrew "Andy" Daly confirmed that there is a definite possibility that there may be a proposed second episode in each of these pilots futures.

Love this podcast! My only shock about this episode was the lack of discussion about Sha Na Na's film appearances.

you should listen to James Bonding on the Nerdist network, he's not doing a character but he's still really funny and his insanely nerdy james bond obsession is so fucking charming

you should listen to James Bonding on the Nerdist network, he's not doing a character but he's still really funny and his insanely nerdy james bond obsession is so fucking charming

Except when he does Ian Fleming, which is awesome.

• Like 2

i would love a ben alterman episode a lot, he could have his granddaughter on or mrs yakimoro or just jeff garlin, lots to work with

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this