🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 84 — No Holds Barred: LIVE!

If Jason and Paul wrote a remake of this, Paul Rust would have to play this character.

Are we talking about a remake of the entire film, or just a remake of that particular video? Imagine if they reenacted it like a hundred times with a different person saying the line each time...

Are we talking about a remake of the entire film, or just a remake of that particular video? Imagine if they reenacted it like a hundred times with a different person saying the line each time...

I meant a remake of the film, but I'm in on the 100 people re-enacting the scene idea.

• Like 1

Glad that someone commented that the actor that played Jacob was Rip's little brother. Paul said he noticed but I was surprised he didn't point it out earlier.

Which led to one of the most nonsensical gimmick matches ever and something that had to be an absolute fucking bore to watch live in person...

See that match there is proof of why Rip didn't have to train for the final match. Even against 8 men, Hulk Hogan triumphed over them all because Hulk and Rip have the greatest super power of all time: the creative control clause, capable of allowing the user to get over anyone in their way, no matter the odds.

The most random thing in this movie is the obvious nods to It Happened One Night during the bedroom scene. Like the Hulkster and Vince McMahon coked out were watching TCM and saw stuff about separating the bed with a blanket and strengthening The Walls of Jericho and saying "Haha Righteous Brother, This would make a rocking scene, lets just add me doing push ups brother."

1970686_10202855504342785_1964847508_n.jpg

This screenshot is from the Sports For Kids event. On the far right, I'm pretty sure that Rip's brother Randy is in full-on clown gear.

• Like 4

Why has Hulk Hogan's love of the "sweet sweet weed brother" not been discussed yet?

• Like 4

Glad that someone commented that the actor that played Jacob was Rip's little brother. Paul said he noticed but I was surprised he didn't point it out earlier.

He was also Lucifer in "Supernatural" and Dexter's wife's ex-husband in the first season of "Dexter"!

• Like 1

This screenshot is from the Sports For Kids event. On the far right, I'm pretty sure that Rip's brother Randy is in full-on clown gear.

I think EVERYONE was wearing their clown gear in "No Holds Barred", some just more literally than others.

This picture is interesting because I think it's the only shot where every major character is on screen at the same time.

as soon as that Hank Williams jr song came on I was tuned out of this movie, I could not take anymore. I had this vision in my head of the director in the editing room saying we need some sort of music to set the right mood of this restaurant fight scene. Ohh I've got it, lets use this "hank williams jr all my rowdy friends are comin over tonight' brilliant!!!

Was listening to the podcast over the film at that point in the film. That was the breaking point for me. I really enjoyed the guest host "Thomas Lennon" he was really super funny and I think he really did a good job. I hope they have him on again. entertaining show despite the movie, that was borderline bad.

See that match there is proof of why Rip didn't have to train for the final match. Even against 8 men, Hulk Hogan triumphed over them all because Hulk and Rip have the greatest super power of all time: the creative control clause, capable of allowing the user to get over anyone in their way, no matter the odds.

If there were questions on "who came up with Battle of the Tough Guys" and "Sports for Kids", Hogan had some "creative" control in WCW. The name of the 8 man team facing him and Randy Savage? The Alliance to End Hulkamania.

Some creative control? He had UBER-CONTROL when it came to his storylines, with how much WCW was letting him do what he wanted he could of had them change the name of the promotion to Hogan Championsip Wrestling.

• Like 1

Okay wait. Go to the 36:00 mark, where Hulk and the gang are at his house watching the Battle of the Tough Guys on TV.

What the hell? They're in this bright, posh mansion. Then they cut to the TV and it's this shitty 13 inch TV in what looks like a dingy trailer home. There's no way those two shots were on the same set. How much trouble would it have been to put a tv THAT A MILLIONAIRE WOULD OWN on set with the Hulk? How shitty of a set designer would you have to be to try and pass that shot off as the same scene and setting?

• Like 2

[Hulk Hogan voice]Well brother maybe Rip gives all his big TVs to his charities. Rip doesn't need a big TV dude, Rip doesn't have time for TV. Rip needs to help out the kids and buy them vitamins. Or maybe brother it was just a shitty film and the writers/set decorators were idiots..

• Like 2

Anybody else wonder why none of the contestants besides Lugwrench Perkins bothered to bring a weapon into the ring during the early rounds of "Battle of the Tough Guys"? The competition clearly has no rules and nobody seemed to have a problem with the massive lug wrench (or with Zeus grabbing that pipe in the final battle). So why didn't any fighters come equipped with a knife or gun?

Anyone else notice none of the wrestlers can keep their arms to their sides? Every "tough guy" person in this walks with their arms out at a 45 degree angle. EVERY TIME! Make me think it is like the little brother in A Christmas Story when he is in the snow suit.

• Like 1

Anyone else notice none of the wrestlers can keep their arms to their sides? Every "tough guy" person in this walks with their arms out at a 45 degree angle. EVERY TIME! Make me think it is like the little brother in A Christmas Story when he is in the snow suit.

It's lat muscles that do that. Big lat muscles push the arms out. That's why there's a Douchebag Disease of ILS, or Invisible Lat Syndrome

That;s where guys who don't have them, hold their arms out anyways

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYN5DABaWwk

• Like 1

As a small child growing up in the 80s, movies had me TERRIFIED of growing up. 80s movies taught me that highschool was full of roided up 30 year olds out to give me a bloody beating daily. Then, when I became an adult, there were armies of evil millionaires out to murder me with no fear of the law, because liberal puke judges kept releasing all the bad guys who Cobra arrested.

• Like 1

To expand on the Hogan sex tape, it is MENTAL:

- The woman is the wife of his friend, radio host "Bubba the Love Sponge". Bubba is even there at the beginning, saying, "You guys do your thing. I'll be in the office if you need me," before leaving. At the end, he asks her how it was.

- Hogan cell phone goes off during it. The ringtone is a song his daughter did. His singing daughter ringtone goes off during sex.

- During the act, Hulk is obsessed with examining the canopy bed's curtains like he's shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond.

- Hulk is getting ready to leave, saying he has to pick up his son. He informs the lady he just lied with that his son's girlfriend has a twin sister who called him asking about his divorce and how she wants to be the first to go out with him if it's true. Hulk has just banged his friend's wife, with her husband's consent, and is telling her how the girlfriend of his child has a twin sister who is eager to bang him.

Hulkamania indeed.

• Like 5

It seems like every sports website that I have been visiting lately has a big ad featuring Hulk Hogan. I am going to pretend that it's because this episode has led to a surge in interest in the Hulkster (as opposed to the fact that he is hosting Wrestlemania 30 on Sunday).

Terrific episode. Too bad they ran out of time. By the way, the episode is longer than the runtime of the movie (93 min.) and yet, they still ran out of time. This could have been a two-parter if they didn't have another show after.

Yeah. I forgot just how crazy this movie was until they started discussing it. They barely scratched the surface. Case in point:

Zeus' training room is covered with posters of Rip, yet he also have a training room with a projection of himself in the mirror. Just to make it clear, he trains against an image of himself, but with posters of his rival on the walls. Shouldn't it be the opposite?

I forgot about that weird projection of Zeus. And it's a minor point, but after Rip smashes that mirror, the image projected on him is Zeus in a completely different pose. It's not even the same picture.

• Like 1