🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 126 — Their Name Is Korn

Can't stop listening to this episode. Usually, even with my favorite episodes, I'll fast forward through the conversations just to get to the scenes (since I know the inspiration for the scenes once I've heard it once or twice). This one though is all gold. I'm now obsessed with Bazan's music thanks to this episode, and the juxtaposition of his wonderfully dark acoustic songs with these insane scenes is just amazing.

• Like 2

Great episode, and the road rage/Sunday Italian Dinner/Atlantis sketch is an instant classic. Thanks for the show, humans!

• Like 1

Does Michael Delaney live in the Earwolf studios? Discounting the SXSW ep, he's been in the past 5 episodes! Not that I'm complaining, I like the guy.

Hey hey hey! Super amazing episode! And thank youuuuu for the PLUG!!! Totally awesome!!!

Big Trucks was such a great song. I went and got it off ITunes, but the version on this show is actually better, I think.

The music was brilliant, David Bazan sounded amazing. Unfortunately I listened to some tracks on YouTube that are a bit more produced and while good I much prefer the acoustic, low-fi versions. I need to look into an album with those versions.

The Atlantis bit was amazing, I am using this episode as the perfect introduction for people who haven't listened before because it's beginning-to-end genius. I loved Huskey as the President, especially the occasional fade-ins during the end of that portion during his final speech. "Legalize cocaine...New Girl reruns..."

• Like 1

Awesome episode! Not only were the Atlantis and the God/weather forecast bits utterly amazing, the music was great too

• Like 1

The music was brilliant, David Bazan sounded amazing. Unfortunately I listened to some tracks on YouTube that are a bit more produced and while good I much prefer the acoustic, low-fi versions. I need to look into an album with those versions.

Check out Bazan's "Fewer Moving Parts" album is you're looking for more lofi stuff. As far as live recordings, "Bazan: Live at Electrical Audio" is a good choice.

Improv 4 Humans probably being my favorite podcast, and David Bazan being my favorite artist, this was unbelievable. A look into the thoughts behind some of Bazans music, an amazing performance, and of course another hilarious improv session from some of the best. Matt Besser, Brian Huskey, and Horatio Sanz are always great, and I'll definitely be checking out more of John Gemberling and Michael Delaney.

Big Trucks was such a great song. I went and got it off ITunes, but the version on this show is actually better, I think.

I can send you a couple different versions I have of "Big Trucks" if you have Skype.

There's a version on Stations EP, The Only Reason I Feel Secure, and It's Hard to Find a Friend which you may find to be closer to this.

I can upload a clean, quality version of the song on the episode in a bit.

Brett, I tried to be surgical with the isolation of those tracks, as your production was masterful. I apologize if I crossed a line there in an attempt to make that performance more iPod friendly. Great respect for what you do, I removed that download link I posted.