🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
johnnycanuck21

Will there be new seasons?

I always assumed there was no intention of doing more, but they're using the phrase "season finale" in and in regard to this week's episode. That may or may not mean anything, but it's more encouraging than if they were saying "series finale".

EDIT - And now I see that the very first post in this week's thread points out the same thing. So I guess I'm not alone in that interpretation.

http://www.avclub.com/article/andy-daly-found-his-perfect-tv-show-then-had-wait--201855

"Well, I’m just going to make eight of them, for sure. We’re just doing eight. Yeah, it’s a mini-series. So, eight of my characters are getting their own podcast. I don’t know the next step. Whether each one of those characters will get a second episode, whether there’s other characters that will get pilots, or whether one of these will take off and have more episodes, or nothing. Anything can happen."

Answer from Andy on reddit

[it's hard to say. I was able to do these 8 bc I had a pocket of time where I was contractually prevented from doing much else! That may well happen again. Lord knows it was fun. The annoying answer is I just don't know.]

He has to do more! The response has been so overwhelmingly positive. I didn't think anyone could outdo The Pod F. Tompkast, but the Andy Daly Ping Pong Polka Dot is the best thing I've ever listened to. Hell, I'd gladly pay for the next season if that will get him to do another one.

The thing is, each of these episodes centered around a character that existed and was somewhat fleshed out from CBB appearances. There are a few Daly CBB characters that haven't been done (Gil and Golly come to mind), but they're also the less developed ones, who I'm not sure could carry a pilot. And given that the whole point of most of the pilots was they were "first episodes" that were so ill-conceived or self- (or other-)destructive as to make the idea of a second episode questionable, not sure how that would work either.

We may just need to live with this being a British sit-com model podcast, and enjoy the eight we got.

First time posting here.

I would love another season from The ADPPP. This was taken from this interview with the guys from the Superego podcast : http://splitsider.co...aul-f-tompkins/

"Matt, do you and Andy Daly have plans to bring back The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project next year?

Gourley: It’s totally up to him, but the prospects look good. I don’t want to speak for him, but of course I would be game in a heartbeat."

So my guess is that this is up to Daly.

If it doesn't happen, i hope he guest appear the shit out of all the earwolf podcasts (WC?, CBB, I4H, SKLRBRCNTRY, NNF) and some others.

• Like 1

Great to hear Gourley is up for more. Kind of him to refer deferential to Daly. If Daly really enjoyed it beyond the publicity etc., I imagine he'll reprise eventually. Knowing people loved the first season and enjoyed it so much helps I hope?

Great to hear Gourley is up for more. Kind of him to refer deferential to Daly. If Daly really enjoyed it beyond the publicity etc., I imagine he'll reprise eventually. Knowing people loved the first season and enjoyed it so much helps I hope?

Well, he mentioned on an interview during the ATX festival on June that he was going to start writing for the 2nd season of Review on June and production on late July, my guess is that they could be wrapping by early December (before the holidays) and having a premiere around March.

Man, i would love a second season for real.

Here is the interview from Alan Sepinwall: http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/comedy-central-renews-review-for-season-2-andy-daly-looks-back-on-his-great-debut

Bumping an old thread to voice the opinion that another season would be glorious. I still consider the small amount of episodes that Daly and Gourley put together as some of the funniest podcasts created.

• Like 3

Bumping an old thread to voice the opinion that another season would be glorious. I still consider the small amount of episodes that Daly and Gourley put together as some of the funniest podcasts created.

Here Here!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this