🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RexRedMoss

Sabotage (2014)

I saw the new Schwarzenegger movie, Sabotage yesterday and it was beautifully terrible. It was directed by David Ayer, who did Training Day and End of Watch, so I was expecting gritty and realistic. It was definitely gritty, but not remotely realistic. The characters are this edgy, tattooed special undercover DEA special forces team who we never actually see go undercover. If you love bad movies, you all need to check this out. I was amazed that this came out of the same guy who did Training Day, but then when I went back and checked i saw that he didn't write it. You can definitelly tell. Do yourselves a favor and watch this movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeHpSdQSH0c

I really enjoyed this movie as it was like an old school 80s action movie. An over the top elite team of crime fighters, Japan level of blood loss (the refrigerator scene for instance), Arnold never being more than 6 inches away from a cigar, and everyone that isn't a part of the team are super dickholes. I was actually surprised how the movie played out as the trailer made it seem like it was going to be a run of the mill "my family was taken because of one corrupt guy on my team," but instead it was something totally different which worked really well. Though I'm surprised they were pushing this as a loose adaptation of And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie when it's only real connection were people were getting killed one by one.

• Like 1

I think my favorite part of this movie is that now, with this and End of Days, Assholes Nailed to the Ceiling in an Arnold Schwarzenegger Movie is a legitimate trope! Yes! I hope dudes get nailed to the ceiling in the next Conan and Terminator installments.

Maybe this sounds sarcastic, but it is not. I legitimately enjoy this movie and End of Days because Arnold. Maybe they are garbage, but fuck it, I am an unashamed Schwarzenegger fanboy.

• Like 1

Same here. The funny thing is, this movie along with the Last Stand critics have gone on to say that Arnold has done some of the best acting of his career in these movies, even if the story of the movies haven't been the best. I honestly love the amount of blood spilled in this movie and the fact that everyone basically said "fuck innocent bystanders" as at least a dozen regular citizens get mangled and shot, sometimes to the delight of the main characters. Also, I have to say that no white man should EVER wear cornrows, especially a dude as huge as Joe Manganiello.

And if you're wanting to hear a good bit from Arnold, listen to the Nerdist Podcast from last Monday. I was laughing my ass off the whole time as the first sentence of it is Arnold asking, "So you have a puppy" which just made me laugh for some unknown reason and the fact that Arnold's day to day life is basically an 80s action movie with him smoking cigars, having exotic animals brought to his house for parties, and DRIVING HIS PERSONAL TANK AROUND HIS PROPERTY.

• Like 1

Holy shit I just thought of something about this movie, it's the prequel to the Last Stand. In Last Stand, we find out that Arnold was a former supercop in the LAPD who left after a bungled mission, causing him to go to the small town as sheriff. Yet what was shown in Sabotage was that he has some very powerful friends, including a couple presidents, who are able to end corruption cases against him and even get him control of his team again.

It would make sense that those same friends would give him a slight cover by redacting the whole corruption of his team and their systematic destruction, along with the fact that he goes to Mexico to hunt cartel members and instead put a spin on it of him being a LAPD officer who left after his partner was crippled. That's why he is so adept at every gun he touches in Last Stand and that he has a great amount of knowledge on cartel members and is able to make such a ragtag group of guys a quality team of fighters against the mercenaries.

• Like 3

I love David Ayer and Joe Manganiello, they had a lot of potential together. But this was just a fun flick. Not meant to be too serious, yet still ridiculous. Kind of like Con Air. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 10:18 PM, Kream15 said:

I love David Ayer and Joe Manganiello, they had a lot of potential together. But this was just a fun flick. Not meant to be too serious, yet still ridiculous. Kind of like Con Air. 

This guy gets it.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this