🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 279 — Reverse April Fools

I loved Patton's breakdown of the Welcome Back, Kotter theme song. I used to watch that show bunches back when Nick at Nite started airing it in '94/'95 (quite a resurgence in popularity too, as the three non-Travolta Sweathog cast members even reunited for a Pulp Fiction parody on the 1995 MTV Movie Awards), and just hearing the theme song sends me back 20 years. I never realized how mean-spirited it was!

• Like 1

Traci has a decent back catalog by this point. Four or five episodes? Methinks it is time to give them a binge-listen. Today's episode made me want more, so I've been listening to the Ep #265 RIOT LA at work all day. Traci is so great, Harris' Foam Corner is nice and fresh, and it introduced us all to JW Stillwater; for sure to be one of the top episodes on CBB's 2014 Best Of List.

EDIT: Here's the list of Traci appearances:

180 - Friends Without Words

210 - A Spiritual Journey

218 - The 4th Anniversary Extravaganza!

265 - LIVE from RIOT LA

279 - Reverse April Fools

Additionally, when looking those up, I had totally blanked that Lauren also plays Scott's nephew Todd, and then she played Regina Crimp in that ep with David Alan Grier where she couldn't sing her song once without breaking. Makes me smile just remembering that! I'm probably going to give all her CBB episodes a re-listen now. Yay, Lauren!

Anal-retentive Gilly fan here. Friends Without Words is actually an episode that has Traci who is a college student who spent 8 months of her junior year abroad in Italy (Friends Without Words @ 37:45-ish). She didn't have a speech impediment but did have a vocal fry.

Traci Rearden seems like a completely different person that is introduced in A Spiritual Journey from the beginning of that episode.

• Like 3

Anal-retentive Gilly fan here. Friends Without Words is actually an episode that has Traci who is a college student who spent 8 months of her junior year abroad in Italy (Friends Without Words @ 37:45-ish). She didn't have a speech impediment but did have a vocal fry.

Traci Rearden seems like a completely different person that is introduced in A Spiritual Journey from the beginning of that episode.

OH! Thanks for spotting that. I've edited my original comment and removed that entry.

I had just opened up windows for all the Lapkus episodes and scanned the summaries for 'Traci,' thinking Lapkus has only done one character with that name.

"That sounds like a game show. Poke The Shell."

Lauren is the goddamned best!

Yeah she is amazing. Like as soon as I hear that traci voice I get a smile on my face. I loved the cookie monster call back she did. This was an outstanding ep all around.

Oh man, A Spiritual Journey is one of my all-time favorite episodes. So much fun all the way through. Though every one of Traci's appearances is amazing! I listened to the opening of Live from RIOT LA about a million times after it came out and I've already re-listened to this episode a couple of times.