🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 26 — Jason Mantzoukas, Our Close Friend

1. eff yeah ma brah. I got like the sickest design on the back of my cruiser. It's a 'ricky ratt' doing like a cool thing in a hotrod. But the hotrod is spinning it's tires so hard that they've like, bunched up and distorted. And the ratt is way to big for the hotrod he's knees are all bunched up into his chest. And of course there are flames everywhere.

so for real though, the painter that pioneered that hot-rod rat character (rat fink, known colloquially as 'ricky ratt') was ed roth.

ed-roth-the-car-customization-king-of-the-1960s-2532_1.jpg

in the early '60s he actually formed a campy band to further brand himself as an all around surf/hot-rod bad-ass.

they're called mr gasser & the weirdos and they're a pretty far out surf outfit.

this is my favorite tune of theirs --

there's also a really fun tune about surf boards called something like 'there's a dog gone ding in my ding dong board' but i can't find a full version -- just a 40 second clip with the caption 'does anybody even like this band??' https://www.youtube....h?v=etowxiasHlU

my other character only listens to totally bitchin bands like karate cousins, and captain sensei...

• Like 1

Agata,

I'm a pseudo-celebrity, so that kinda counts. I have been mentioned in several episodes of both the Reality SHOW show (may she forever rest in peace) and our beloved Hollywood Handjobs. Also, my Facebook says I'm a celebrity in Eastern Washington. Which is true. So there's that.

I'm kind of a big deal around here. In case you couldn't tell. I'm also known for my humility.

• Like 1

Hi everyone I don't have much to add but I just wanna stop by and say funny episode and nice posting this week

Hi Andy!!!!

• Like 2

Engineer Sam really dropped the ball in this ep.

Some straight truth here.

• Like 1

joe wengert is this week's question-getting man

Joe: how much better is your life since Sean and Hayes called you "Jo-gert"?

• Like 3

Joe, you were very outspoken during the recent #CancelColbert hashtag controversy. You had a lot of things to say about women and Asians. Can you take a moment to refresh any podcast listeners who don't use Twitter? Also, how much is too much when you're in a hashtag battle?

• Like 2

Joe, for what reason do you think that Sean and Hayes won't have the Popcorn Gallery this week?

• Like 3

mr wengert, have u ever met peirce bronson?

• Like 2

*action bronson

• Like 2

*er pierce brosnan

• Like 1

joe wengert is this week's question-getting man

Joe, are all Bronies virgins, or have some of them raped children?

• Like 1

edgy stuff

• Like 5

Joe Wengert, how much money have you anonymously donated to charity?

If I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me?

You were chosen as one of the comedians to get a comedy central special this year. Will you hold your beautiful body against me?

• Like 4

Joe, how often to you get money from TV shows for using your name? Pro's vs Joe's, The Joe Schmo Show, Joe Got Da Bricks So Joe Get Da Money etc.. etc..

• Like 1

hi joe, what do you do if a co-worker hates you? what's the best way to turn everyone else against them?

• Like 6

mojo jojo,

What ever happened to the bigfoot from Harry and the Hendersons ?

Why hasnt anyone been able to find him since?

What does love got to do, got to do with it?

Ira Glass or Ira Flatow?

J-dawg, which animal would win in an aerial battle royale? Hawks, eagles, or falcons? Please give a detailed response.

• Like 1

Wengo Tango, does it irk you when people call you "Wengo Tango?" Especially because Ted Nugent is batshit insane and you hate having to pay him royalties for the nickname

ed-roth-the-car-customization-king-of-the-1960s-2532_1.jpg

in the early '60s he actually formed a campy band to further brand himself as an all around surf/hot-rod bad-ass.

they're called mr gasser & the weirdos and they're a pretty far out surf outfit.

this is my favorite tune of theirs --

there's also a really fun tune about surf boards called something like 'there's a dog gone ding in my ding dong board' but i can't find a full version -- just a 40 second clip with the caption 'does anybody even like this band??' https://www.youtube....h?v=etowxiasHlU

my other character only listens to totally bitchin bands like karate cousins, and captain sensei...

I actually really love ed roth, ironically, and post ironically (I did just actually use that term). I think a part of me really hated what his illustration style influenced. If you've ever been a part of actual hot rod culture in the 90s in Louisville, Kentucky you would understand the hatred. When I was a kid, my dad would drag me to these things and I can't tell you how many just awful people have some really terrible 'taz' art inspired by ed roth. Don't get me wrong taz is really cool now, post ironically. Kind of like norm core..

However that said his shit is amazing and the tracks you posted are equally amazing.

I have a friend who only gives ricky ratt tattoos and I can't tell you how many times i've almost got one.

also forums friends, sorry me and shoshobro got off on this tangent. Also I was kind of hoping someone would do a Ghost in the Shell joke about Agata. Has anyone done that yet? I imagine that someone thought about it, but then thought about how not funny that would be. Then decided not to do it.

Good thing I didn't do it... Ghost in the Agata...

Also I didn't realize how scary that would be to simply suggest a ghost again on the forums this week... What the fuck.

Btw I'm in Gatlinburg this weekend. Have any of you lo lifes ever been here!?

It's the biggest tourist trap ever and I must say, it's just incredible. I've already purchased a full bear face shirt and a coon skin hat. So fudge yalllllllll

I mean there is a lot of fudge here, and I will probably purchase some of that after I pay money to see "live bears" across the street from a 'lumber jack fued dinner and song show'

This is the nightmare america you all know and love and i'm in the heart of it soaking up every juicy morsel.

• Like 2

I'm no seduction artist but I appreciate a subtle approach. non verbal cues such as a lingering glance followed by a private grin, a slightly higher voice pitch, faster blink rate, especially a silly laugh just reach me on some primal level.

Here's some ideas that have worked on me

1. Bring an extra snack pack in your lunch and give it to him everyday until he expects it and then stop suddenly

2. act like a total square around your friends and then smoke reefer with him behind the bleachers like its an adventure

3. Grab a big handful of his [redacted]

4. Wear grunge rock concert tees that you are way too young to have ever actually attended

5. Give him a funny yet endearing nickname on an earwolf forum

check and mate

This is so perfect.

Um... and also I would say, this is a big stretch and in no way relates to my own personal life and experience with older siblings... butttt if he happens to have a younger brother who is expressing interest in the Green day Dookie album, go ahead and let him borrow your copy of 'kerplunk'.

That will totally get you in with the family and into the heart of your desired loved one, and then you guys can have loud sex next to said little brothers bedroom when your parents are at work after school.

but he's got kerplunk and he can play it on his headphones

GOODLUCK!

• Like 3

Hi everyone I don't have much to add but I just wanna stop by and say funny episode and nice posting this week

I'd like to piggyback on this. I have been extremely busy with a certain client (Tom Cruise - wants me to say "Choo Choo, I'm a train!" - not sure what he's talking about but he said you guys would get it) and haven't been able to get to the forums this week. Just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you!

• Like 4

Also, Joe, where is your go-to store for rare cloths to make custom shirts?