🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 6 — Achtung Baby

8Kziarl.jpg?1

Love this show.

That is the purest of gold. Damn fine work.

I watched Zoo TV: Live in Sydney today. The whole band's costume options are certainly questionable (particularly Bono of course), but it's a pretty spectacular show.

Nobody under the age of 30 legitimately likes U2, they just listen to music made by bands who legitimately like U2.

I'm 22 and I'm an obsessed U2 fan :(

Another Pop fan! I knew I couldn't be the only one. It sounds like Saucerman is really going to trash it when they get to it.

I feel like the only thing bad about Pop is the album cover.

• Like 1

Also, how on earth do you exercise to a comedy podcast?

i think its ok with running but not good when lifting weights

also i dont like the music at all but i still listen and its a good show

• Like 2

I'm 26, and have been listening to every album as they've podcasted about them. I've heard each through once, and apart from the singles that make me go "oh yeah, that one", nothing I've listened to has been particularly memorable. Except for Bad, which I friggin' love.

Maybe I just need to give each album another listen to, but I haven't felt like it. I will say I was kind of digging Actung Baby more than most.

Ok guys, 818-415-XXXX . That's only 9999 combinations to slog through, lets get started

• Like 3

It was pretty hilarious that Scott got so alarmed and cut that off rather than just saying "OK, we'll bleep that." Maybe the studio is out of bleeps again.

• Like 3

Sounds like someone was Running to Stand Still, if you know what I mean.

Also, how on earth do you exercise to a comedy podcast?

I have a pretty active internal monologue anyway, so I guess I'm just used to hearing voices in my head when I run.

But certain podcasts are easier to run to than others. If the conversation is flowing and making me laugh, it's all good.

• Like 1

Kinda went two directions on this one, and couldn't decide on one.

U-Talkin-U2-to-Me-41-e1396651357934.jpg U-Talkin-U2-to-Me-4b1-e1396651373603.jpg

Full-res here. Fun.

• Like 11

I've listened to every ep of this podcast. I have heard U2 on the radio over the many years, but never listened to any albums. I tried listening to Atchung Baby to like get into it more, but man, it's just so bland. I think maybe its an age thing. Does anyone under 30 here legitimately like U2 (I'm 28)?

I hadn't bothered with them until I started listening to this podcast (I knew the singles, obviously). Of the albums I've listened to so far, only Boy and War have stuck out to me as being at all interesting (especially the latter). Even Joshua Tree is too middle-of-the-road for my tastes (although I do enjoy "In God's Country").

It's weird to hear people passionately discuss music that I find to be so bland. How anyone can enjoy the milquetoast drivel that is "One" is beyond me.

Negativity aside, this was another great episode. I loved Scott constantly passively-aggressively berating Scott's acting chops.and Scott trying to read Scott's phone number was priceless.

• Like 1

The Scotts very briefly alluded to the covers collection of Achtung Baby, which caused me to seek out such a curiosity. It features some interesting and some disappointing songs and I'd just thought I'd share my favorites...

While I am not huge fan of The Killers, I think they turn one of the lesser songs on Achtung Baby into something really memorable that is both a tribute to U2 and a song that definitely sounds like it belongs to the band. Basically, everything you want in a cover. Good work, Dudes Whom I Am Normally Ambivalent About...

The Killers - Ultraviolet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNXsjs6ED5Y&feature=kp

I was hoping they would mention Johnny Cash's cover of One. They talk about how simple U2's music actually is, and Cash took it right down to the core. (Just started listening a few weeks ago obviously!)