🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
KevinM.Kraft

the witches (1990)

Harry potter mixed with Milo and Otis with mice, horrifying makeup and boy into mouse transformations that haunt me to this day.

Love this movie, haha. Yes, I would enjoy an episode about this.

I loved this movie when I was a kid, it's still one of my favorite movies. haha I'm with seanotron

is this a movie you can still watch as an adult and still enjoy? never seen it.

seanotron I love Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. you get a extra point on your score board from me.

is this a movie you can still watch as an adult and still enjoy? never seen it.

seanotron I love Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. you get a extra point on your score board from me.

I figured the gif was appropriate since they're both Roald Dahl adaptations. Personally, I think The Witches is the best adaptation of any of his books, even though he infamously hated it.

As for how much an adult will appreciate it now...well, if you like stuff like The Adventures of Baron Munchausen or Labyrinth it's probably up your alley.

I showed this movie to my 10yr old brother this past Halloween and he enjoyed it and I still enjoyed it too. It's great, I have a soft spot in my heart for anything with those oldschool creature effects.

I figured the gif was appropriate since they're both Roald Dahl adaptations. Personally, I think The Witches is the best adaptation of any of his books, even though he infamously hated it.

As for how much an adult will appreciate it now...well, if you like stuff like The Adventures of Baron Munchausen or Labyrinth it's probably up your alley.

Not really sure about Labyrinth, and yes I am a david bowie fan but boy that movie didn't do much for me. I like Baron Munchausen that was good. I am a sucker for Terry Gilliam movies. this and Time Bandits still hold up well to age. not really sure what he was thinking with Tideland. The Zero Theorem looks like it's on that same level of nutz.notice i spelled that with a z, that was intentianal.

Not really sure about Labyrinth, and yes I am a david bowie fan but boy that movie didn't do much for me. I like Baron Munchausen that was good. I am a sucker for Terry Gilliam movies. this and Time Bandits still hold up well to age. not really sure what he was thinking with Tideland. The Zero Theorem looks like it's on that same level of nutz.notice i spelled that with a z, that was intentianal.

Well, I mentioned Labyrinth because The Witches is the last movie Jim Henson worked on before he died. In spirit I'd say it's closer to Gilliam, just because Dahl could have a nasty sense of humor and there's some deliberately mean/gross stuff in there.

I showed this movie to my 10yr old brother this past Halloween and he enjoyed it and I still enjoyed it too. It's great, I have a soft spot in my heart for anything with those oldschool creature effects.

"Old school creature effects" or as they used to be known, "Muppets"

"Old school creature effects" or as they used to be known, "Muppets"

Haha, I wasn't speaking specifically of muppets, but yeah, definitely, muppets were awesome.

Sign in to follow this